https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/nn/0D/S9BCBZNK5NEL.PNGExcellent Team Collaboration PlatformCentralize projects in one solution Manage digital work processes Review and approve digital work Govern compliance workflows,Team Collaboration: Workfront provides a cross-platform unified landing where teams can work together towards the completion of large projects Communication: Workfront provides multiple team communication tools including email integration. Ease of Use: The Workfront platform, although rich in features, is very easy to navigate and users will find its layout highly intuitive.,Instant messaging and IM systems integration such as Skype would be an excellent addition. Browser plugins to streamline research tasks. Multi systems alerts for "All Hands on Deck" type situations regarding project management.,10,Thirty US dollars + per month, per user, can get a bit pricey for the mid-size business. I am not sure what their enterprise business pricing is, however, I imagine the ROI is well worth it as many corporations I have worked for use Workfront for both project management as well as timesheet tracking.,,The Workfront platform ranks high on the scale of collaboration, both internal as well as external. This platform was deigned with collaboration at its very core. With multiple teams spread across not only the United States but Globally, Workfront enables seamless collaboration, communication and the ability to complete cascading assignments.,I know that our company uses Workfront for timesheet tracking, however, I am not part of said team. The layout and user interface for timesheet tracking is just as intuitive as the project management interface.,Bloomberg Loves WorkfrontWe currently have 2 instances at Bloomberg: Marketing and Media. I represent Marketing. We predominantly on-boarded Workfront for our internal creative studio, but we are working to move the rest of Marketing on when the budget allows. It would effectively double our license count so its a bit cost prohibitive at this early stage in our Workfront relationship (we launched in July 2017).,Reporting is amazingly flexible and robust The administration is easy, and if I can't figure it out for my users, the Help team can and does it quickly. It has given us a transparency to all levels of work that was previously unheard of,I'd like a better organization of reports and dashboards. We have way too many reports right now, which is our own issue, but... finding the right one is a challenge. I'd like to better understand the new Homepage, but I'm hoping its much more customizable,10,Still too early for us to measure.,AprimoWorkfront is the best project management system on the marketManage digital work processes Review and approve digital work,I like the intuitiveness and ease of use with the system. It's easy to train new team members and show them around the system. It makes my job easier on a daily basis for sure. Ability to customize reports and dashboards Ability to set dashboards to be emailed out at regular intervals to team,I don't like that when there is something broken or not working in the system, it takes longer than I feel it should to get fixed. Reports are sometimes hard to build because the system is so large.,10,It's had nothing but positive impact on my team and organization. I cannot place a dollar sign on the ROI it's had for us.Workfront Leaps AheadCentralize projects in one solution,Ability to decide what kind and how many notifications to receive. Being able to create a multitude of reports (e.g. intake, tasks, how many requests and by who). Online training (Ascent) and resources to answer most questions. Local communities (go Mid-Atlantic user group!) which offer an opportunity to collaborate with other system admins, workers and users. Support has been very good. If we don't get a good resolution via email, we can either Skype or have a conversation. Usually resolve issues within 48 hours. IF it needs to be escalated, our customer rep is always on it. LEAP!,Would be helpful to be able to respond to an email from someone, generated in Workfront, and have it captured on the project. See all updates regardless of where they are (e.g. project, task, proof) show up in the update feed.,10,We save time by streamlining the intake process. Tasks are not lost, so there is less delay in production. All activity, documents, comments are in one spot, saving time searching for that backup information.,Workamajig,We are just six months from our launch. We are looking into all collaboration opportunities and believe they are available in Workfront.,The implementation team was very good helping our in-house team with the three month process. It was very comforting not to be flung into launching Workfront alone.Workfront roars!Centralize projects in one solution Review and approve digital work,Workfront provides a transparency for us that was lacking. All team members used to work in silos. Now we can all see what each is doing and we know what the workload is for the team. Workfront proofing has changed things for us - we no longer have to search through emails for feedback, nor is there any question as to what the reviewer wants changed.,We wanted better proofing capabilities - the ability to proof several documents at once, automated workflow approvals. That is here!,10,Workfront has had a positive impact on our productivity. We are able to complete almost twice as many projects as we could prior to the implementation of Workfront.,Email chains are a things of the past. Entire conversations are captured within each project. Much less is missed - we are able to ask for all information up front for any project.
Workfront

Workfront Reviews

Workfront
Filter 437 vetted Workfront reviews and ratings
March 29, 2018

Workfront Review: "Excellent Team Collaboration Platform"

• Team Collaboration: Workfront provides a cross-platform unified landing where teams can work together towards the completion of large projects
  • Communication: Workfront provides multiple team communication tools including email integration.
  • Ease of Use: The Workfront platform, although rich in features, is very easy to navigate and users will find its layout highly intuitive.
  • Instant messaging and IM systems integration such as Skype would be an excellent addition.
  • Browser plugins to streamline research tasks.
  • Multi systems alerts for "All Hands on Deck" type situations regarding project management.
I work on a team where each of us is separated individually from the United States. Workfront enables us to collectively collaborate on a common project setting individual goals. Project managers can invite users, send out updates and set goals to be marked as complete by individual users. Definitely an AAA+ option for global team project collaborations. Smaller projects with fewer working participants would most likely not benefit from the ROI for this product, however, if these smaller tasks are building to a larger project or your teams have multiple small projects running simultaneously then Workfront is for you as well.
Read Brian Knox's full review
May 02, 2018

User Review: "Bloomberg Loves Workfront"

• Reporting is amazingly flexible and robust
  • The administration is easy, and if I can't figure it out for my users, the Help team can and does it quickly.
  • It has given us a transparency to all levels of work that was previously unheard of
  • I'd like a better organization of reports and dashboards. We have way too many reports right now, which is our own issue, but... finding the right one is a challenge.
  • I'd like to better understand the new Homepage, but I'm hoping its much more customizable
I think there is a stigma that you cannot force a process on creativity. But the reality is it can enable it. I'd like to know we have a partner in Workfront that is not purely tool based, but help us prove the value proposed to users and stakeholders... help us convince them that following basic procedures is valuable to them and the bigger picture.
Read Brian Mauger's full review
May 01, 2018

Review: "Workfront is the best project management system on the market"

• I like the intuitiveness and ease of use with the system. It's easy to train new team members and show them around the system. It makes my job easier on a daily basis for sure.
  • Ability to customize reports and dashboards
  • Ability to set dashboards to be emailed out at regular intervals to team
  • I don't like that when there is something broken or not working in the system, it takes longer than I feel it should to get fixed.
  • Reports are sometimes hard to build because the system is so large.
We get a system that keeps everyone organized and up to date on the hundreds of projects we have in progress on a daily basis. That's what Workfront is best suited for.

I honestly cannot think of any scenarios where it's less appropriate in my company and organization. It fits our needs perfectly.
Read Cory Tilson's full review
May 01, 2018

User Review: "Workfront Leaps Ahead"

• Ability to decide what kind and how many notifications to receive.
  • Being able to create a multitude of reports (e.g. intake, tasks, how many requests and by who).
  • Online training (Ascent) and resources to answer most questions.
  • Local communities (go Mid-Atlantic user group!) which offer an opportunity to collaborate with other system admins, workers and users.
  • Support has been very good. If we don't get a good resolution via email, we can either Skype or have a conversation. Usually resolve issues within 48 hours. IF it needs to be escalated, our customer rep is always on it.
  • LEAP!
  • Would be helpful to be able to respond to an email from someone, generated in Workfront, and have it captured on the project.
  • See all updates regardless of where they are (e.g. project, task, proof) show up in the update feed.
We are in in-house MarCom group (Creative, Video, Web, Comms, Advertising, Image Center). Workfront has helped streamline our project intake by making it manageable.
Read Karen Adams's full review
May 01, 2018

User Review: "Workfront roars!"

• Workfront provides a transparency for us that was lacking. All team members used to work in silos. Now we can all see what each is doing and we know what the workload is for the team.
  • Workfront proofing has changed things for us - we no longer have to search through emails for feedback, nor is there any question as to what the reviewer wants changed.
  • We wanted better proofing capabilities - the ability to proof several documents at once, automated workflow approvals. That is here!
Workfront is well-suited to just about any project. It's customizable for all departments and offers numerous integration with software you may already be using.
Read Keri Andrews's full review
May 01, 2018

User Review: "Workfront really works"

WorkFront is slowing taking over all of the teams within the company. It started with just the marketing teams and slowly migrating to many other facets. As we add more people into the same system, we are able to get more visibility to what's coming as well as a better understanding of the company as a whole. Many teams are silo'd and this program breaks those barriers.
  • WorkFront has a great support staff that is always there to be a sounding board or provide best practices.
  • Workfront is great with managing projects and creating robust reports. We are able to track 4k+ projects a year with the system and not spend hours a week making reports. You set it and forget it. They can even be scheduled to email out to those who need them.
  • Workfront manages all of the tasks necessary to complete a project and can house the approvals and back and forth conversations. With one link you can see the entire life of the project.
  • The calendar feature is very difficult to create and understand. It may work better for some but I haven't been able to figure that out
  • WorkFront is so robust that you can dive too deep to fast and end up "breaking" the system for others. Be sure to limit access levels BEFORE you add people to the system.
  • Document approvals (without the ProofHQ add-on) are sometimes difficult to mange
Workfront is great at taking all the crazy information that you get from multiple sources and putting it into one digestable form. However you need to have a strong understanding of your team and workflows before you being implementation. If not you will end up making a tool that no one wants to use or understands.
Read Monique Evans's full review
May 01, 2018

User Review: "A quick look at Workfront"

• Tracking project baselines.
  • Project and executive level reporting including dashboards.
  • Providing a centralized 1 version of the truth for projects and portfolios.
  • Resource management and forecasting are areas that are currently being improved. I look forward to working with the newer versions.
Workfront is well suited to an organization that needs a Project and Portfolio Office where data sharing and executive level communication is key. As an organization, you need to have a vision of where you want to go . . . Workfront has many options that can support a variety of approaches.
Read Kathy Rhoads, PMP's full review
May 01, 2018

Review: "New Workfront Implementation experience"

• Ability to create waterfall processes
  • Easy to use reporting and dashboards
  • Ability to customize and create user-friendly dashboards per user/group
  • Transfer dashboards to PowerPoint
  • Outbound communication with Slack
  • Export tasks to Outlook calendar
Read Elissa Lazor's full review

"Workfront Review"

Many departments utilize Workfront at Prudential, but not the entire enterprise. It addresses the problems of tracking and reporting out on work being done within our Communications team.
  • It plans for the future and provides insight into projects that are completed regularly.
  • It keeps daily tasks in front of the users.
  • It allows for document upload and approvals.
  • Custom forms should be more easily accessible and on the front of the project visibility
  • PTO calendar
Well suited for larger teams in multiple locations.
Read Caitlin Wilson's full review
May 02, 2018

Review: "Workfront is an awesome tool that the entire company can use"

• tracking work flow
  • keeps all work in one location
  • time management
  • notifications
  • needs improvement with integration
  • roll back sandbox data
I think that Workfront is beneficial for projects. I don't think that it would serve as a good help desk tool.
Read Michael Gonzales's full review
May 02, 2018

User Review: "Workfront Work Managenent"

• Manage Project workflow
  • Does task approvals
  • provides a single view of all projects
  • Reporting
  • Would like to see the ability to move test results from the Sandbox to Production
It does a great job of providing a view of all project info in a single place.
Read Bill Dunk, PMP's full review
May 01, 2018

User Review: "Workfront is a Game Changer!"

• Organizes documents, comments and approvals all in one place!
  • Cut back on the clicks.
Workfront is a great tool to organize and track approvals on projects.
Read Eileen M. Womelsdorf's full review
May 01, 2018

Workfront Review: "Overall Super Satisfied"

• Project management function
  • Gantt charts
  • Too many ways to do the same thing
[It] needs to be more streamlined.
Read Nicole Tortorella's full review
May 01, 2018

Review: "Workfront is amazing---couldn't live without it!!!"

We implemented Workfront across our Marketing & Communications department and were solving for a lack of a project management tool. We are also planning on potentially rolling out their collaboration capabilities across our healthcare organization from a requestor standpoint. Workfront has been great so far and they continue to implement new features and revisit and improve existing ones.
  • Corrals all the work in a central place.
  • Update feeds allow for a real time communication tool, keeping you apprised of the most current project updates.
  • Their support team is fantastic!
  • I was receiving too many email notifications but they realized that this was a common issue and were quick to resolve it.
Workfront works well for our healthcare system marketing & communications department.
Read Elizabeth T. Johnson's full review
May 01, 2018

User Review: "Workfront gives us the data we need"

• Digital proofing
  • Reporting and Dashboards
  • Ability to standardize project intake and project plan templates
  • SO many features, it can be overwhelming to train users
We are the in-house creative services team, so Workfront's approval workflows and digital proofing tool were incredibly appealing.

In the beginning, it's a little overwhelming... so user adoption is tough.
May 01, 2018

User Review: "Workfront is amazing -- a must have!"

• Allows for a high level of customization. This lets me make Workfront what I need it to be for my company.
  • Clean and easy to use interface. Obvious...
  • Highly customizable notification system and resource management tools. I can get all the notifications that I need, when I need them, where I need them.
  • Integrated proofing tool with automated review and approval workflows. Revolutionizes how we handle proofing and approvals.
  • Customer support could be stronger. Had an issue and the rep was very kind and respectful, but I ultimately had to find the solution to my problem myself. I think that this is getting better, however.
In the creative realm, it is extremely well-suited. I can't really speak to other departments or teams, but based on the level of customization, I have no doubt that Workfront would be MORE THAN sufficient. The ability to scale the system up as our company scales is one of the best things for our organization.

• Dependency management
  • Built-in reporting
  • Mobile application
  • Reflect large organisations and complex business processes
  • Performance
  • Reporting on historical values
Workfront might be too big for simple project management of unrelated projects with a low number of stakeholders.
May 01, 2018

Workfront Review: "Cool Project Management Tool"

• all of the data is real time
  • information and interactions are centralized
  • app is easy to use
  • hard to use text mode
  • poor API documentation
  • Product development
  • Software design and release
September 21, 2017

"RedPoint Review of Workfront"

• It is easy for users to log time.
  • Dashboards help executive team see results easily.
  • Notifications keep our administrator up to date on any new projects.
  • Reporting and analytics.
  • Sometimes it seems too complex, or has too many options /buttons to click that are unecessary.
It seems well suited for a business that wants detailed insights on the status of a project. Likely not necessary, or [there are] easier tools out there for a small organization with few inputs.
Read Tom Budreau, CPA's full review
October 22, 2017

Review: "Workfront: a tool to save the R&D manager in the daily work"

• Parallel project planning
  • Resource planning in parallel project
  • Resource time sheet can help a lot to manage project cost, project statistics, and future scenarios
  • Support service in Italian
I don't suggest it for a small team working on a project in series and/or frequent project scope/priority change.
Read Raffaele Lupi's full review
September 19, 2017

User Review: "Workfront Benefits"

• Resource utilization and availability reporting is useful.
  • Task management is cumbersome and frustrating. e.g., rolls back to top of plan after editing. Most of the time it doesn't take into account that I have predecessors for successors when dates change.
  • I wish that the whole plan (all tasks) always opened up the whole plan.
Works well for resource utilization and reporting.
Read Todd Wallace, PMP's full review
September 19, 2017

Workfront Review: "Gets the job done without breaking the bank"

• Manage resource workload, and provider resource allocation
  • Organize and track all project work
  • Very good reporting and ability to use custom fields to meet a lot of needs
  • Allowing more project defaults to be set to avoid having to always edit tasks after they are created
  • Understanding advance reporting, custom report programming, is there own language, hard to understand if you want to program your own reports
  • Custom calculations, understanding syntax and how to use can be challenging
Very good to use to help manage all work of an organization and track progress and issues. Excellent tool for project managers and upper management. Not the best for developers, Agile tools need more work, and the ability to tie items to source code.
Read Scott Hane's full review
October 02, 2017

"Workfront Review"

• Reporting and the ability to customize reports
  • Customization of notifications
  • Ability to integrate with other applications
  • Ability to create & customize columns in a project - for example: issues. I'd like to create a new column where I can add in what phase the issue was discovered. I know there are custom forms but you only see that when you create a new issue. I want to see it in the view.
  • Ability to set due dates at each phase of an approval process.
  • Ability to add notes to new versions of documents and search previous versions. If I have a weekly meeting I take meeting notes on...I upload a new version. After so long, I may have 30 versions of a document. If I want to review my meeting notes from a certain date....how do I know which version is for that meeting? I may look at the date and find a few versions close to it, but I'd like to add a note: meeting minutes for this date....and maybe a note on an important issue that was discussed that week.
Well suited for a traditional, waterfall project with dedicated resources. Not suited if multiple projects share resources; it is difficult to see resource allocations or job role allocations across projects for a given time frame.
September 25, 2017

"Workfront Review"

• The timeline is a great feature. It allows you to break the project plan out by tasks and subtasks and assign one or many people to each while also allowing you to assign days and hours.
  • The reporting is also a great feature. You are able to pull reports on anything from hours to ROI to resource allocation. It's a great way to keep track of who is available from a resourcing standpoint and also compare our planned vs. spent hours.
  • We love the proofing tool, the content, creative, and account teams are all able to work together seamlessly using the proofing tool.
  • Workfront could improve on the proofing tool to allow Excel documents to be marked up. Also inside of proofing, it would be great to be able to tag people in the comments other than those who are approvers.
  • I also think the issue tracking functionality could use improvement. It would be great to have an easier more simple way to track tasks.
The one area we do not use Workfront for is our financial end of things. It would be nice to see ROI and financial aspects beyond just reporting hourly cost and hours. Many people on our leadership team would like a way to be able to use it for that aspect instead of having to use another piece of software.

Workfront does do a great job of keeping the creative/content/digital departments on track and helps organize projects.
September 21, 2017

User Review: "Workfront Works!"

• One strength is the Legacy Capacity Planning tool. I am actually upset this is being removed, because it has been a tool I use every single day.
  • Being able to set predecessors is extremely helpful to plan out a whole project.
  • Timelines - creating timelines from workfront with accurate dates is a very easy process.
  • One very small but irritating thing about Workfront is that when a project has more than 100 tasks, you have to open the button at the bottom to load all tasks. I wish there was a way to default the setting to show all tasks.
  • The speed of workfront could be improved. Sometimes, it just stops loading altogether and I have to wait an hour to try again to update my project.
  • I believe the scheduling tool is not very helpful and there would be much better ways we could use a tool for scheduling things.
Workfront is well suited for waterfall projects. Trying to create an agile project in workfront does not work very well, so we have not been able to use this feature very much. It is also not really well suited for unconventional projects where we need to come up with custom plans because it is much more difficult to set up if we aren't using a template.

Task Management (251)
Resource Management (224)
6.6
Gantt Charts (201)
Scheduling (219)
Workflow Automation (224)
Team Collaboration (241)
Support for Agile Methodology (150)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (164)
Document Management (224)
Email integration (188)
Mobile Access (194)
Timesheet Tracking (186)
Change request and Case Management (168)
Budget and Expense Management (154)
Quotes/estimates (61)
6.1
Invoicing (53)
5.8
Project & financial reporting (136)
Integration with accounting software (44)
5.7

About Workfront

Workfront is a web-based project-management tool developed by Workfront, formerly AtTask, based in Utah. It was designed for both IT and marketing teams, but can be implemented for any kind of project. Workfront offers all the features standard to project management platforms. Editing and updating issues from the project view is styled to work somewhat similarly to a social networking site, bringing team members together in one central location. From the project view screen, issues, documents, and other elements of the project are placed along a tab bar so that they may be addressed with one click directly from the hub.

The platform's Capacity Planner allows a manager to move resources to where they are needed, and has some automation features (e.g. the Set Best Fit option, which attempts to allocate resources optimally within given constraints). Agile project management is supported with features like Gantt charts, an easily viewable and manipulable backlog, and storyboarding. Team members can be managed with the aid of quantitative metrics that show where work would be best allocated.

A free trial is available, after which Workfront comes in four pricing options. The lowest tier is Collaboration for small groups, followed by Work which adds mobile accessibility and time sheets, then Plan which adds additional analytic, planning, and reporting features. Finally, Enterprise Plus offers the highest configurability as well as support and data security.

Workfront Features

Professional Services Automation Features
Has featureQuotes/estimates
Has featureInvoicing
Has featureProject & financial reporting
Has featureIntegration with accounting software
Has featureReports & Dashboards - Build custom reports and dashboards to track, document, analyze, and share your progress
Has featureCalendars - Stay organized and on time with customizable, visual work calendars
Has featureNotifications - Keep everyone in the know of what's happening and what's still required
Has featureRecognition - Motivate team members with real-time feedback and endorsements
Has featureDigital Proofing - Keep work moving forward with proofing and reviews in one place
Has featureDigital Asset Management - Store, manage and distribute final files and completed digital assets in one central location
Has featureCustomization - Configure Workfront to suit your needs, processes, and environment

Workfront Screenshots

Workfront Integrations

Allocadia, Oracle Responsys, WebDAM, Widen Collective, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, MS SharePoint, SAP, Oracle PeopleSoft, Mediaocian, Clients & Profits, ExactTarget, MS Outlook, Other Custom Integrations Possible with RESTful APIs

Workfront Competitors