Adobe Acrobat DC Fits Into Nearly Every Office Neatly
June 15, 2022

Adobe Acrobat DC Fits Into Nearly Every Office Neatly

Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Acrobat DC

In my organization, we use Adobe Acrobat DC for document editing and form design. We serve external users who need to supply us with information in an exact and technical way. To achieve the collection and processing of this data we host a variety of PDF forms on our website. All the forms we use are created and edited with Adobe Acrobat DC. We also send e-mail communications that have PDF attachments and we also use Adobe Acrobat DC for that purpose. As our e-mail solution is automated we need to be able to create and edit PDF templates regularly. The scope of our usage is probably a dozen or so users in the office that maintain around 50 to 100 documents and forms.
  • PDF viewing and editing
  • Form field data checking
  • Signature gathering
  • Document markup
  • Ability to leave notes and comments
  • User interface
  • Accessible to new users
  • Cost and licensing expenses
  • Identity management (sign in)
  • Creating and editing PDF files
  • Developing interactive forms
  • Gathering signatures from users
  • Drastically reduced document processing times
  • Reduced time wasted on rejecting incorrectly completed forms
  • Smoother customer experience from users, less headaches and complaints
  • Fewer call to customer support with questions
Adobe Acrobat DC produces documents that work well on multiple form factors. I have only used the software on a full-sized display. That being said there is a bit of a difference between seamless user experience and overall usability. The software can be frustrating and it takes a while to catch on to how to do precise things. I found myself watching a lot of YouTube videos early on to learn how to complete the tasks I needed. Even now there are times that if I have not done a particular task in Adobe Acrobat DC for some time I will have to go back and refresh myself because the options aren't always intuitive or easy to find. I advise the new people in the office to do the same thing I did and figure out what they want to accomplish then ask around if someone has done it before or go check on the internet.
Adobe Acrobat DC fits better into the software ecosystem of my institution. I don't even believe that Google Forms was even a product at the time that we adopted Adobe. My opinion has always been that Google Forms is built more for data gathering and analytics than it is for form creation and maintenance.

Do you think Adobe Acrobat delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Adobe Acrobat's feature set?

Did Adobe Acrobat live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Adobe Acrobat go as expected?

Would you buy Adobe Acrobat again?

If you need to create forms for print or online use Adobe Acrobat DC is pretty much the software system everybody uses. It's essentially built from the start to solve these problems so you won't have any issues getting the tools you need. Anything from field styles, lengths, sizes, and layouts can all be done rather simply once you know the software. You can add any type of buttons, selectors, or indicators you need. It allows you to prefill information and gather signatures. It works well with Adobe Sign obviously. If all you need to do is create simple documents Microsoft Word is probably the better solution for you. Adobe Acrobat DC is better equipped to handle dynamic document creation. I also find that if all you are doing is creating a document that will be printed in the end Adobe Acrobat DC can do that but there are other cheaper methods of getting to that end. Adobe works much better as a digital document.