Adobe Acrobat - pdf wizard.
June 28, 2022

Adobe Acrobat - pdf wizard.

Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Acrobat DC

I convert many of the design and document projects I work on into pdf files for sharing. Once I have exported my file to pdf, I open and review the file in Adobe Acrobat. I can edit pdf files using Adobe Acrobat. This is especially helpful when I don't have access to the raw editable file used to create the pdf file.
  • Adobe Acrobat has many helpful tools, one of which is OCR text recognition. After running the OCR tool, which recognizes the text in a scanned document, I can copy and paste text from that document.
  • Redaction tool - I use this to remove sensitive information in a pdf document before sharing it. The redaction tool has a lot of features and allows you to choose what color to paint over the information you are blocking out.
  • I can create and edit forms in Adobe Acrobat. There are many options for creating fields, including, checkboxes, radio buttons, free text, signature fields and more.
  • I can add text, edit existing text and shapes, adjust page size, crop and so much more.
  • I can rearrange pages, combine multiple pdf documents into one, and click and drag pages from one open pdf file to another.
  • The OCR text recognition tool is great but does not work perfectly all the time. Sometimes it is great at recognizing text and sometimes it's not so great.
  • Reviewing pdf files.
  • Editing pdf files.
  • OCR text recognition.
  • Redaction tool.
  • Search tool.
  • Combine multiple pdf documents.
  • We use the commenting feature to mockup changes to design files. This helps us to have a quick and streamlined review process, that incorporates feedback from multiple reviewers.
I use Adobe Acrobat on desktop, laptop, and mobile.
There are probably other areas of the organization, like finance and human resources that rely heavily on these security safeguards. As a designer, I don't know the full scope these compliance standards have on our organization. I do find the password protection features and redaction tool to be useful.
I have used free pdf document handling programs over the years, however, none have been as robust as Adobe Acrobat.

Do you think Adobe Acrobat delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Adobe Acrobat's feature set?

Did Adobe Acrobat live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Adobe Acrobat go as expected?

Would you buy Adobe Acrobat again?

Adobe Acrobat can be used to edit pdf documents when you don't have access to the original editable source file. It is also useful for creating forms. However, I would not use it to create a file from scratch. If you need to create a document, use Microsoft word or google docs. If you need to work on a design project used Adobe InDesign or another page layout/design software. I used Adobe Acrobat to update an organization chart when I did not have access to the original editable source file. Each time a change was needed to the document, because of a change in position or organization, I used Adobe Acrobat to edit the document. However, this was clunky and cumbersome, as this is not the best use of Adobe Acrobat. Eventually, I recreated the organization chart in Adobe Illustrator, and it's much easier to edit and change when needed. So Adobe Acrobat is a very useful tool but can be cumbersome when using it to make major or several editing changes to a pdf file.