A feature rich product that creates highly interactive training sessionshttps://www.trustradius.com/corporate-learning-managementAdobe CaptivateUnspecified7.81151012017-11-29T15:35:41.600Z
November 29, 2017
A feature rich product that creates highly interactive training sessions
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Captivate
Adobe Captivate is being used to create digital training sessions. It is used across the organization and with partners. It provides a robust design program that helps us create effective training sessions for both new and returning users. The program has number of pertinent features including the inclusion of multimedia, voice overs, videos of screen interactions, and interactive services.
- The program really excels at providing central platform for combining different training technologies such as voice recordings and videos.
- Adobe Captivate can provide different types of training media including mobile applications and HTML 5 files.
- The program provides a robust set of interactive and multimedia features that can aid in providing a more effective training session
- Adobe Captivate can be a resource hog for lower end systems, especially when working with video clips or voice over recordings.
- The full license price can be expensive for smaller organizations.
- The program can be a bit difficult to learn in the beginning.
- Adobe Captivate has helped us lower training costs without the need for external training.
- The program allowed us to create in house training without the need for third party collaboration.
- End users could communicate about training needs and Adobe Captivate made it easy to update current training modules.
Adobe Captivate provides a fairly robust system for creating small to medium training modules. It also is a bit different from traditional LMS products in its ability to produce more interactive modules. Essentially one can create a much more interactive and multimedia enriched training session with Captivate than with other LMS systems.
Adobe Captivate really excels at providing tools to create interactive, electronic learning sessions. We were able to create electronic training modules on how to use a Joomla based CMS system as well as with procedures for handling data forms. It was also helpful for creating short videos with screenshots for help guides. Perhaps the one area where the program might not excel as well would be with paper based instructions or training documents. Adobe Indesign or other programs are much more feature rich for documentation creation.