WizIQ LMS Reviews

Do you work for this company?

ayush dwivedi profile photo
February 14, 2019

A nice LMS platform

The WizIQ is being used by our organization as an internal LMS for our staff to improve their learning by doing online course and assessments. The whole organization uses this app for self-learning with different types of accounts:

1. User-created as a learner to access course content.
2. User as Teacher:- A user who can also create courses for the other user.
3. User as Admin: - Who perform admin operations on our internal WizIQ LMS.

I have explored all the three versions and my experience with WizIQ has been a good learning experience.
  • WizIQ provides a well-structured report including the rank of a learner.
  • The teacher can also log in as a learner to explore the other teacher's course.
  • One time uploaded resource can be used multiple times for developing a new course.
  • Course Instructor will get a notification when a learner enrolls in the course.
  • It provides completion status by which we can identify in which stage the common learner is facing difficulties.
  • It supports various types of contents formats like .ppt, .pdf, .mp4 and many more.
  • The biggest issue in WizIQ is the repository of its courses, we can't even search the courses on the platform.
  • Sharing or saving a link, of course, is the only medium to share the course with others.
Earlier we faced difficulties in rolling out new programs, application or developing particular skills of our employees. The WizIQ LMS platform solved our problems at some levels. It has all the capabilities of a common LMS so now we introduce the new things or programs by launching a simple course on WizIQ's.

In my opinion, It has only one drawback which is the searchability of courses. If you have a lot courses on the platform then you will definitely find it difficult to search in this LMS.
Read ayush dwivedi's full review
Stephanie Wright profile photo
We are a small teaching service who was looking for a LMS that could support remote teachers giving classes to students in Brazil. During an initial trial of the online classroom with a WizIQ salesperson and two of our team members, we experienced some slow audio/video but were assured that when we upgraded our internet speed in Brazil (as we already planned to do), then the problems would cease. Perhaps misguidedly, we went ahead and purchased one year of Premium membership+Online Academy—aka, $1,600.

• Convincing salespeople
  • Good marketing
  • Good website
  • Audio/visual quality
  • Dedication of sales team/account managers
  • Unwillingness of team to be proactive when trying to help customers
After multiple tests with our team members, we could never make the WizIQ platform work when more than 4 students were logged on. Our lead teacher also noticed that (even after emailing multiple times asking for assistance) her account was always listed as ’Trial’ and not ‘Premium’. When we never received clear information about the Trial/Premium confusion, and when it became clear that the software simply COULD NOT support more than 4 students, we knew this platform would not allow us to offer high quality classes…especially since our enrollment was growing quickly.

The process to close the account and request a refund was painful. A month and a half of email tag—where our team would say “please close our account and refund us” and the WizIQ team would send a stock response of “please let us do another technical troubleshooting session” took far too much of our team’s most precious resource: Time.

Last night the problems came to a head when, after one WizIQ employee told us we would receive a refund, another told us that the breakdown in communication had happened inside our own team and that WizIQ was not at fault. Regardless of how big or small the customer’s organization is, it is the job of WizIQ to dig into issues and discover problems to ensure customer satisfaction.

To us, it felt like WizIQ made a huge effort to seem like they were helping…while in reality nothing ever got resolved and we were left with the same questions that made us frustrated with WizIQ in the first place. Now we are so exhausted that even the refund doesn’t feel worth any additional contact with WizIQ. We are posting this review as a matter of public interest, in the hope that another young company does not encounter the same problems with WizIQ that we did.

If you are looking for a user-friendly, inexpensive, reliable LMS that has great domestic+international technical support and works beautifully when teachers/students are attending from different countries, try Canvas.
Read Stephanie Wright's full review
deepak verma profile photo
Our college departments Use WizIQ LMS as an E-Learning Courses Management System. We with the help of WizIQ LMS, we deliver better education among our college students. Currently, we have been using it for more than 2 years and it was our department's best choice from other competitors due to its easy management. We have tried other LMS platforms which are on the market but it was WizIQ LMS which delivered a robust performance with ease. I would recommend those who are looking for an LMS to try it out.
  • Ease of use, Easy to manage, Anyone can manage it with little skill
  • Robust and fast performance
  • Excellent Support Team - Always ready to help instantly.
  • Although all are good but WizIQ needs to improve in these fields...It goes offline once in a while which is a headache as it needs to be constantly managed and needs to be kept under observation all the time.
  • It is better for less userbase management as its browser platform is not stable for a larger number of participants.
  • We need to manage each online department separately.
  • Audio sound needs to be more clear.
If you need to use WizIQ for a small or medium user base e-learning courses management, then WizIQ is well suited. It sometimes crashes when more users get connected on our portal. I would recommend the WizIQ team to highly enhance the audio quality because we don't want our students to think that they are sitting in a virtual classroom.
Read deepak verma's full review
Mario Reyes profile photo
February 27, 2017

WizIQ LMS Review

WizIQ LMS provides a great way for our team to develop diferent skills, our company has a business unit in Guatemala and we need to make sure that everyone involved in the Salesforce.com development process is up to speed with the latest information on releases, functionality and coding standards and WizIQ has been instrumental in the process. Cost wise for a market such as the Guatemalan market it could get a bit better but other than that it was a great experience. Having a virtual classroom was a great way to get everyone involved; not having to download any software was great and collaborating with everyone in different countries due to the fact that the everything is in the cloud works out great for all of us. Because we are involved in technology and our strong side is not teaching or creating material, I believe that we were not able to use all the features that are provided by WizIQ.
  • Virtual Classroom
  • No instalation required
  • Test and assignments
  • Pricing for Latin America
  • Guiding new customers in the process of how to build their training and testing material
  • Video streaming
Because the software is in the cloud it is really easy to collaborate and make sure that everyone involved in the training process is up to speed.
Read Mario Reyes's full review
Nick Ni profile photo
We use WizIQ for online live classroom tutoring. It was purchased to offer more teaching flexibility and generate more revenue.
  • Has a lot of features
  • Cheap
  • N/A
  • Very poor video and audio quality. During the demo, the rep was from India. There was a delay, but I thought it should be ok if I deliver lessons to students in US. It was not the case. The quality is still much lower than FREE Skype.
  • Student interface is identical as teachers. Why would my students have all the features to teach as teachers? It makes no sense. It also causes a lot of user confusions for students. Again, poorly design user interface. I purchased WizIQ product on 10/22/2016. The sales rep has been calling me non-stop from 10/21 until I made the payment. On 10/25, I went to a student home to help him setting up the system. That is when I realize how messed up the product is (FYI, I have a MS degree in Computer Science). It took almost 1 hour to set up and train the student. Still, the product was poor and the student keep saying "can we just use Skype?" He had a point. Skype is much better than WizIQ.
  • The Administrative interface is not user friendly. The "naming" makes no sense. For example, "Connection" for "Contacts". It took me awhile to finally figure it out that Contacts are under "Connection". It makes no sense. Contacts are used very time for an online class. Why would you hide Contacts under another tab called Connection? I can tell this product is not designed by an American and NOT designed to be used by Americans. Again, poorly design user interface.
  • Very poor customer service, feel like a scam. On 10/25 evening, I send a group email to my "WizIQ Success Manager" and the sales rep and reported the WizIQ product problem. For 2 hours, nothing. What happen to 24/7 service was promised to me? Anyway, during the 2 hours, I researched the internet and started to realize I was not alone. There were identical complaints about WizIQ product and service. 10/25 night, I emailed WizIQ to cancel the 3 year service. On 10/26, I called my "WizIQ Success Manager", phone rings, no answer. WizIQ Success is gone. I started to get a very bad feeling about this. I immediately called my credit card company to dispute the service and fees. My Wells Fargo rep told me that he has to give WizIQ a chance before filling a complaint. So WF rep called WizIQ 1800 dispute hotline. No one answers. He tried another number, no one answers. This is about 10:30 am Pacific time on 10/26. Until 2:50pm of 10/26, I have not received any responses back from WizIQ.
  • My advise, stay away from these people and products.
  • I have finally identified WizIQ is a Scam. Just simply check out scan reports: https://www.scamguard.com/wiziqcom/
WizIQ is a poorly designed product. I purchased this product in part based on the positive reviews, which I feel were misleading. My experience was nothing like the reviews, and now that I have paid for the product, the vendor has gone silent.
Read Nick Ni's full review
Gautam Patnaik profile photo
December 02, 2015

Going online with WizIQ

I use WizIQ Online Academy to offer online learning programs or courses. I help other tutors and trainers to launch their services through my online academy service and provide consulting services for teaching and learning.

I am an author of teacher training and professional development programs that are used by teachers in the K-12 segment. My courses are being marketed to retail teachers across South Asia. Being the owner of my own courses and contents I did not want to invest my time and efforts into e-learning platform development etc., and hence explored an online learning platform that could serve my purposes and help me reach out to the world without compromising my copyrights and content.
  • Creating online courses. Putting together and designing courses is quite easy if you have structured content that is pedagogically fit. I have a 6 week course, a 10 week course and short duration programs that go up to one year.
  • I can help create online academies for my education institutional clients and launch their online learning service as a part of my academy or with a new academy. That is a good facility but it's expensive.
  • The online assignment and assessment facility is good as each and every lesson of mine has an accompanying assignment and assessment to prove or establish learning before the candidate can move forward.
  • Quick access and a good virtual class experience help me reach out to clients and learners at will.
  • Keeping a record of learner feedback and discussion inputs within the course platform saves a lot of trouble to track what went on through long duration courses with each and every learner. Great convenience for teachers/trainers.
  • The course management is reasonably good but one can not control the learners path and navigate based on success criteria and allow progress into the course.
  • Analytics and learner performance records as a database etc., is quite elementary and inadequate. This is crucial for professional education programs for schools and colleges and higher education like engineering etc.
  • Storage restrictions seem a little unreasonable especially at a time when all mail providers and education ERP service providers have no limits. Though there may be an upper limit to have some control. A 1 GB storage for an online academy with own courses, partner courses and multiple academies seems out of sync with the actual market and operating requirements.
  • Pricing could be more reasonably done and could be volume based like 'pay-per-use' and NOT 'discount-on-volume slabs'. This seems risky for first generation online learning service providers who do not have any idea of registrations or users that will come on board.
  • The flash based platform is tough to handle on multiple browsers and we can't control the remote users laptop or system. So, HTML based platforms seem better on any browser and ease of use. Of course the WizIQ desktop app seems to do the job.
  • Lesson content files published in PDF have less clarity and get slightly distorted/pixellated. I am better off uploading my content in PowerPoint or Word files for better clarity but they end up consuming more storage space.
They have to try out within their own use case scenarios with a sample learner, and test the features of their course and delivery needs. As there is not a content structuring tool, the course author has to have expertise in content and instruction design to create their own materials. The rest is easy to test and check. Test it on all browsers and test the functionality under various internet service speeds.
Read Gautam Patnaik's full review
Rukmini Iyer profile photo
November 20, 2015

User's review of WizIQ

We use WizIQ Online Academy Builder to supply e-learning content to our students.
  • Easy to integrate videos, presentations and other files
  • Intuitive interface for uploading content
  • Good structure for streamlining content
  • The webinar platform has a lot of issues with plug-ins, does not work on a lot of devices.
Mails from WizIQ Online Academy Builder very often land in spam, for our students/corporate trainees. While this may not be something WizIQ Online Academy Builder can do much about, it is a genuine issue since we need to keep resending mails till people manage to retrieve it from their spam folders.
Read Rukmini Iyer's full review
Jeremy Lunnen profile photo
In addition to my work as a corporate leadership trainer I am an adjunct instructor for a local college. I have used WizIQ Online Academy Builder primarily in that capacity. I have also used it for a few contract training projects I've done.

I find WizIQ to be a very user-friendly (for both myself and participants) platform to use. From both a technological and usability standpoint it is top notch.
  • It's very simple for students to get online and use the tool. There are minimal system requirements.
  • Flexibility for me as a facilitator.
  • Low cost.
  • To be honest - it has met my expectations. Does what I need it to do.
It is not well suited for super robust multi-media presentations - but that's not what I've needed. There are platforms that give you more bells and whistles - but at a significantly higher cost. For my use - as an adjunct instructor - it has been just what I need. A great value.
Read Jeremy Lunnen's full review
Tejashwi Kumar profile photo
I am using WizIQ Online Academy Builder to conduct online classes and I use the platform to teach as well as provide information regarding courses. I have been using WizIQ for a long time and all my students are always satisfied. It is not possible to reach a large number of students via classroom teaching but via WizIQ, there is simply no limit on the number of students you reach. Also if you want to upload a pdf or ppt file and then teach, WizIQ is best for this since you can not upload online and teach but you also get an opportunity to update and edit the pdf/ppt in real time. Also the use of the [monitor] and pen makes it easy to edit and at the same time point to a particular formulae or point. Also the revenue collection is smooth with the payment gateway provided at a minimal deduction. All in all this is a one stop solution to all your online classes requirements.
  • You can record the videos in MP4 as well as a zipped format provided students have the facility to see videos offline.
  • Good sound and video quality.
  • Size of offline file.
  • Number of courses available and their diversity.
  • It's a little expensive if you want to use it for just a few classes. The rest of everything is just perfect, especially if you plan to be a long term user.
WizIQ Online Academy Builder is best not only for online teaching, but also you can conduct online training sessions with various activities. It basically depends on your creativity as to how effectively you use this platform.
Read Tejashwi Kumar's full review
Ana Rosiris Castro Méndez profile photo
WizIQ is very easy to use. The connection between WizIQ and Moodle is very good. You can add events, and the plugins add to calendar, and program all. I have saved so much time. You can record all sesions, and then your students can play the sessions.
The WizIQ support is efficient and friendly. Now it's available in Spanish. For me that's very important because I speak Spanish, and my students do too. The price is very cheap for great features. I love WizIQ :).

• Connection between WizIQ and Moodle.
  • It's easy to use.
  • Good technical support.
  • It's in Spanish.
  • Pay per number of users.
  • You can't pay month to month, annual only.
  • Limit features to make evaluations.

WizIQ Online Academy Builder is ideal to use for live classes, recording conferences, classes and meetings. It’s also an excellent tool to use for e-Learning and online marketing. For example, you can record your class and create an online course. That task is very easy with WizIQ. Also it’s ideal to complement your face to face classes.

If you have a Moodle platform and would like implement a live class, this tools is very good for that. You can program your class and WizIQ plugins create a appointment in calendar. Also you can configure durations, record or not record, and number of students, all from Moodle. And your students can reproduce recorded classes without having to leave Moodle. When a student assists with a live class in WizIQ to Moodle you don’t need enter a user name and password again, it’s really easy to use.

It is ideal when you would like teach with ease and with interactivity. When WizIQ Online Academy Builder is in use in an educational environment, you will not want to stop using it.

Read Ana Rosiris Castro Méndez's full review
V.S.ShanmugaSundaram B.E.,PGDM(XIME).,(FIAI) profile photo
I am delivering online courses. Needless to say I needed an online platform. So I am using WizIQ Online Academy Builder and it is technically sound. It helps to overcome traditional classroom teaching so I developed myself (V.S.ShanmugaSundaram) as a brand (Global Online Teacher). I have students across many countries and many senior professionals and my students feel the WizIQ platform is very user friendly.
  • Technically sound
  • Great customer service
  • User friendly
  • Customer service officers need to know more about the WizIQ product and service.
  • Things should to be explained properly in the user manual as it is difficult to understand [some things].
WizIQ Online Academy Builder is well suited for making YouTube videos for important lectures.
Read V.S.ShanmugaSundaram B.E.,PGDM(XIME).,(FIAI)'s full review
During their demos, Wiziq showed fantastic performance however when they turned over the app after we paid, that was when we experienced it as slow and non-loading. Requesting payment refund from them is a pain. As customers, we’ve been sending requests for the past 2 years which they continuously ignore. After sending follow ups, they ask what the problem is over and over so you’ll get tired of forwarding the email thread to them. After all the effort and time we’ve wasted, they are now using their 2 year period policy to defend their refusal to refund even if several refund requests were made even before that period lapsed. WizIQ is a scam. Save your money and your time and just buy something else.
  • Functions excellently during demos
  • Slow and Non-Loading software
  • Poor after sales customer service
WizIQ is a scam. It is a complete waste of time and money. Go save yourself the trouble and don't buy this.

Course authoring (1)
Course catalog or library (1)
Player/Portal (1)
Learning content (1)
Mobile friendly (1)
Progress tracking & certifications (1)
Assignments (1)
Compliance management (1)
Learning administration (1)
Learning reporting & analytics (1)
Social learning (1)

About WizIQ LMS

WizIQ LMS is designed to meet both teaching and training needs and to give users more control over the learning process.  Users can build their learning environment within minutes, add and manage multiple teacher accounts, create online courses, and schedule live classes. This solution provides a space that can be built and customized to the user’s liking.