Overall Satisfaction with Adobe InDesign
It is used by the design department. As a publisher of magazines, we use it to lay out not only the magazines, but to create marketing materials, as well as setup for banner ads. It assists us in producing the 4 magazines a month.
- Great layout tool
- We use it with InCopy and it works seamlessly between the designers and the editors (who are both onsite and offsite)
- Handles fonts well. It has nice features that have improved over the years.
- There is still some ways to go with the concept of print to digital.
- We have been using Adobe CC products for years and the subscription is nice because it keeps us up to date on the software.
- Overall, the entire InDesign and Adobe CC Suite works well together and improves efficiencies.
Quark for a long time was behind the times. At one time, Quark was the leader in design and layout software. Adobe had Publisher and Pagemaker and both were very weak and limited. Quark was far better. It then slipped when InDesign came out and it has been the product of choice. In part, because it works well with all the other Adobe products. Quark has come back and improved its software.