Overall Satisfaction with Adobe XD
Adobe XD is used by us to make interactive wireframes and our prototypes of the User Interface of applications, sites and games that we make. It solves our problems in the design phase, because it helps us to try multiple possible solutions for our UI/UX design, without having to code it and test it live.
- The software is light and fast
- It integrates well with other design softwares from Adobe
- The phone app lets you test your wireframe directly in your phone
- It could be more complex features in the animations/transitions area
- The need of having all your pages in a project in the same view sometimes get things messy
- It could have more images/fonts/icons already available for rapid prototyping with low fidelity
- As it is only one of the many Adobe CC softwares that we use through our membership, I'll say that it has a positive impact
- It helped us prototype for some client projects that we had revenue
- It helps us prototype for our games in development, which we are getting investment for
I've tried all those softwares and the one that I found better was Proto.io. But, it has a high cost, and as we already had access to Adobe XD by our Adobe Creative Cloud membership, we chose to go with it. Some of those software have more features and functionalities than Adobe XD, but it's important to remember that Adobe XD is still a young software and has a lot of space for improvement, and Adobe is improving it with time.
Adobe XD is well suited for those people or companies that need wireframing or prototyping for some project and already pay for the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription and know well the Adobe suite softwares. In that case, and if you don't have heavy needs, Adobe XD is the best choice. For those who don't have Adobe CC membership and/or have needs for animations, transitions and other complex features for their protoypes, maybe there are better solutions on the market.