Overall Satisfaction with ADP Vantage HCM
ADP Vantage is used for domestic payroll in the United States. There is a feed from Celergo for the global payroll that comes back into Vantage for both shadow payroll reporting as well as reporting to the GL for one consolidated GL report to Accounting. I managed the payroll department when we converted to ADP Vantage from ADP ProBusiness a couple of years ago. This solved some pain points of ProBusiness as it was a DOS greenscreen program that would not let you even copy and paste data. With ADP Vantage we were able to convert almost everything, including garnishments to uploads or integrations, and automate more of our processes.
- EPIP batch uploads are customizable. Each payroll processor was given their own upload template so they could input all of their changes on it, and then upload at payroll processing time.
- We had multiple pay groups. ADP Vantage makes the ability to submit and close multiple pay groups individually very easy. This was a big pain point for us and we were able to speed our timing up by opening and closing our pay groups individually.
- Report writing in ADP Vantage is a breeze. It has the ability to drag fields into the report writer, so you don't have to remember the exact fields you need. You can literally go to the screen you want to report off of, and drag the field into your report.
- Prior year tax adjustment functionality could be more user friendly.
- If you do not have the full ADP Vantage HCM package, and you use something like Workday for HCM, you will be manually calculating retros.
- Increased efficiency for payroll reporting.
- Increased efficiency in multiple pay group processing.
- Decreased efficiency in tax adjustments.
ADP Vantage was chosen because ADP is best in class for payroll service. They excel in garnishments; they excel in taxes; they excel in payroll delivery; they excel in customer service; they excel in actual payments; Vantage was their latest and greatest payroll processing platform.
ADP Vantage is suited in large companies if you like ADP, are planning on staying with ADP, and are knowledgeable with autopay, how to stop autopay, familiar with multi-J reports, understand ADP tax adjustments and manual check adjustments, and have multiple pay groups. If you have a need for multiple retro calculations and use a different system for HCM then you do for payroll, you will still have some manual work, and need to watch your date data lines as this can cause issues. Once you understand how it works, and create a system, you will be ok.