Reviews (1-25 of 60)
- They make the data gathering process easy for the client as they work with the data in the format that is easiest for the client to produce. I don't have to do allot of manipulation of the data.
- ADP definitely puts the customer first. They are easy to work with, even when we ask dumb questions, they deliver their work in the time table promised and they a genuinely nice people.
- They are always on point when there are new opportunities for TMX Finance to look at.
- I have no suggestions
We are also using it to utilize the set up of the Wisely debit cards. SmartCompliance, once a card is set up, will alert us if there is a potential problem with the ACH, and we are able to go in and correct the issue so that there is no delay in the employee's pay.
- SmartCompliance is very good at sending email alerts to let us know of new releases or maintenance downtimes.
- I would like to see a little more help boxes on the set up steps for new tax profiles.
- Uploading agency notices is extremely easy.
- I also like that the tax records go back several years versus having to search in the reports archives to find them.
- Ease of tax profile setup.
- Access to tax records.
- Quarterly balancing process.
- Responsive account management.
- Be more proactive when files reject. I've been repeatedly notified by a tax authority only to find out about the issue as a response to an notice upload.
- Faster access to quarter-end file updates.
- Timely Agency notice responses - I like the ease of use to submit agency notices for resolution and organized view when following up on the notices submitted.
- Tax profile reporting - the on-demand reports ADP provides, allows for easy access and timely review of my tax payroll data.
- Multi- state tax reporting - being a client who reports in more than 40 states, ADP's Smart Compliance Employment Tax product allows me to stay organized and compliant.
- Availability of profile reports to be exported to excel in a easier format
- Could be a little more thorough with agency notices to not have redundancy from the client
- Agency notices in review should list the jurisdiction for the client to see
- Tax research - the ability to research the status of tax issues.
- Invoice review - ability to pull and review ADP invoices.
- Accessibility - ability to grant specific security access to team members including Treasury or GL.
- Garnishment Reporting - it can be difficult to run a simple pay period disbursement report for reconciliation purposes. The information is available, but the formats available are not user-friendly.
- Reporting - reports are delivered only with few run parameters available. It would be fantastic to be able to integrate ADP’s reporting capabilities with Smart Compliance. The user should be able to choose columns required on the report rather than just date parameters. Many times I have to cross-reference these reports with VLOOKUPs from others to gather all necessary info. Example: employee ID is missing on garnishment reports.
Garnishment reporting reconciliation is lacking. While there are a number of reports available, the formatting remains an issue as does the fact that employee IDs are not a reported value.
- Real time employment tax obligations
- Easy to use steps for agency notices. Excellent record keeping and follow up
- Easy to use "stop payment" for wage payments issued
- Currently we have 2 separate websites t log into for wage payments and employment taxes - would love to see all features of wage payments integrated with SmartCompliance
- The software was very user-friendly.
- The ADP consultants were extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
- The output generated by the ADP product was very insightful and easy to understand.
- Additionally instructions or explanations on how the workstream works would be helpful.
- Not a fan of the contingency. At minimum there should be a cap.
- Is up to date on all regulations
- Takes care of any issues that arise
- Account managers are very knowledgeable
- Making sure there are enough employees at ADP to get orders processed timely.
- Letting the employer know when things are missed or have not been done timely.
Accurate payroll tax compliance in several states for multiple employee worker types with many payroll cycles
- We just wire ADP the calculated amount of payroll/employment tax and they take care of the rest.
- They do automated filings and help in reconciliations with our HR/Payroll system which then interfaces with our general ledger.
- Reporting is comprehensive and easy to access for our payroll group and warehouse data analysts.
- We should never have to pay ADP our payroll taxes the day BEFORE our actual payroll—they keep all of that float.
- It is just one more speciality financial system used but we wished we could have everything in one system.
- They need to provide other training for Finance not just Payroll and HR.
- Unsure of their BCP plan during disasters.
The service greatly reduces the burden to the client of reporting and filing taxes on a periodic, monthly, and quarterly basis. The regularly scheduled, automated integrations to ADP reduce the impact on the client's payroll operations.
- Timely and accurate filing of taxes.
- Immediate notification of any issues within the tax files submitted to ADP.
- Delivered integrations with Oracle HCM Cloud that require low effort to implement.
- ADP could provide increased flexibility to allow for client specific variations in tax filing requirements.
- ADP could provide more detail regarding the cause of records/files that are in error.
- Provides consistent, streamlined processes across multiple functions for employment background checks.
- Reduces time to manually input wage garnishment information through automation.
- Helped align disjointed payroll processes faced across multiple regions.
- Could do with better integration with certain, preferred background vendors we've been using for a long time.
- The UX could use more enhancements, as it's rather basic.
- Some functionality isn't as intuitive, as we'd hoped for around processing wage garnishment information.
- file tax returns
- review notices
- try to make process improvements to fit our needs.
- answer questions when asked.
- making it easy for clients to get their own tax returns from smart compliance
- having another action button asking us if ADP wants to make an amendment when ADP review tracers
- then new invoice is not as detail as it should be.
- SmartCompliance provides me and my team a one stop shop for most all details around payroll taxes, employee garnishments and the WOTC tax credit. Each area is intuitive, provides the ability to run reports, and allows for interaction between my team and ADP through the website.
- Customer support for the website is top notch. While I haven't had more than a couple of challenges, I've been able to reach out to ADP and get my issues addressed and fixed and I'm on my way. The website provides a ton of information, but if you need help, it's right there for you.
- I like the ability to run my own reports and have them real time. I create what I want and then run the report. It doesn't take more than a few minutes and I've got what I need.
- The ability to upload documents and files is amazing. No more faxing and waiting for a confirmation. The upload process fast and easy, and you are able to view your uploads within a couple of minutes to ensure what you sent is what ADP received.
- The e-mail function on SmartCompliance is a bit cumbersome in my opinion. I get the e-mails on the site and also get them to my work e-mail. Seems somewhat redundant, and they build up quickly so if you aren't on the site cleaning your inbox regularly, it's a challenge to empty the box quickly.
- I wish you could hover over the report names to see what exactly the report is. Sometimes my definition of a report and ADP's definition of a report differ, and I end up running the wrong report, only to find that the right report was under a different name or heading.
- Quick access to tax reports - I can run and download prior year or prior quarter whenever I need to. Filters are easy to set so I can get as much or as little as I need.
- Easy upload for agency notice needing attention - can track status online, add comments, and access the resolution packet when completed.
- Very easy to add new profiles as new tax accounts are added.
- We just got the upgrade with the Wage Payments. I'm hoping that eventually we will have links within SmartCompliance to access the iPay Administration website. Right now all I can see is current status of the iPay account.
- Hoping the Wage Payment Reject Reports will also be within SmartCompliance vs having to go out to another website as we currently have to.
I also don't understand why there is a new company code for each component. Wage payments & Taxes have different company codes.
- SmartCompliance captures all the payroll data in one location and makes it easy to access.
- SmartCompliance allows us to run reports when we need them. We can upload our periodic, quarterly and annual data and quickly extract reports to review for accuracy before the filing deadlines, which allows us to correct any issues without tax penalties, etc.
- SmartCompliance makes it so easy to generate tax amendments when needed. The system stores all the employee data and has a process that is very easy to update wages and/or taxes as needed for correction. The system quickly generates the amendment files and provides reports to review for processing with tax agencies. It used to take months to get an amendment processed with our previous partners.
- We can update tax rate changes, such as SUI rates, ourselves, as we received them without having to use a ticketing system that require monitoring for processing. We can quickly and easily update tax agency notices, which allows for very quick response time by ADP to any issues.
- In the area of quarterly filings, it takes a bit of experience to understand all the reports generated and in which order we should review or use the reports. Laying them out in a organized way that we could quickly go down the list of priority would be very helpful.
- Occasionally, I need to add a comment to a tax notice that has been submitted and it seems to be locked for commenting. It would be helpful to be able to add information after a tax notice has been submitted.
- It accurately keeps track of payroll's transmission sweeps in their ADP Ledger.
- It's able to keep track of all amendments and their status.
- You can view all rates and ID numbers in SmartCompliance.
- There should be a way where an employee's wages, taxes or other tax fields are always updated correctly in Amendment Input manually instead of having to keep having to submit them again.
- There needs to be a place where we can access the state power of attorney forms at all times.
- The website signs out a little too quickly after no use.
- Ease of upload - It is very easy to upload tax files in SmartCompliance.
- Reporting - The reporting is robust for either periodic or quarterly reporting as well as year end.
- Exception resolution - I receive an email if there is an exception that would prevent tax filings.
- Website is intuitive.
- I would like to be able to upload wage payments into SmartCompliance. One stop shopping.
- Ability to reset a user's password.
- I would like to see more instruction on how to set up a jurisdiction. I found setting up a new state to be confusing and it did not set up the jurisdiction correctly. I needed my account manager to walk me through.
- Taxes are paid to the correct agency, on time.
- Payroll Tax notices are less work and resolved timely.
- Annual reconciliations are done with little or no effort.
- The local tax for Jefferson County KY. School District should have it's own stand-alone code to better match our payroll system.
- Some tax notices are mislabeled, a notice for Attalla, AL was labeled as Federal.
- To resolve Quarter issues/errors the website makes you start from the beginning for each company, it should allow you to just keep working on the following issues without making you start from the beginning after each issue is resolved.
- The system is easy to navigate.
- Having the ability to easily access your associate's garnishment notices, answer forms, etc., allows us to provide better customer service.
- Being able to download quarterly & annual tax reports from SmartCompliance is very efficient.
- Having quarterly/annual filing information available more timely would be useful.
- Being able to communicate with ADP tax experts through SmartCompliance would be a great tool.
- Being able to communicate with ADP garnishment experts through SmartCompliance would be a great tool.
- The information is available almost immediately.
- Allows you to utilize your data in more than one way even those you never thought to have access to such as graphs.
- It captures all activity you provided and displays it in several different ways.
- It allows you as an employer to track data that is important to ensure has been handled such as agency notieces.
- It would be nice to locate tutorials on how to use SmartCompliance navigation for example.
- It would be nice to have access to reports for longer than 90 days if needed without having to involve the acct manager.
- I would like to see more self-service handouts regarding the tools offered by ADP.
- Best suited - Easy to understand and user-friendly and fast.
- Less suited - Navigation of what is available seems to be hidden and not front and center.
ADP SmartCompliance Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ADP SmartCompliance
ADP SmartCompliance is a comprehensive, cloud-based HCM compliance portfolio that is an extension of users' current payroll, HR, ERP or other business planning technology. ADP aims to help reduce the regulatory compliance burden for your organization, with a combination of technology and service. The vendor says the platform is completely integrated yet modular. The goal is to bring you the workforce compliance processes you need now, with room to expand as your needs grow, or as the regulatory environment changes.
The ADP SmartCompliance portfolio includes:
Employment Tax: Manage the employment tax filing process and remittance
Wage Garnishments: Wage garnishment processing and administration
Tax Credits: Identify and capture tax credits and incentives
Wage Payments: Electronic payment options designed to be flexible
Employment Verification: Provide credentialed verifiers with secure access to employment and income verifications
Health Compliance: Meet the demands of the ACA's employer mandate and reporting requirements
Unemployment Claims: Managed unemployment claims with the assistance of ADP unemployment claims professionals
W-2 Management: Utilize automated tools for W-2 management and distribution
ADP SmartCompliance Integrations
ADP SmartCompliance Competitors
Pricing varies based upon modules deployed and features enabled.
ADP SmartCompliance Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Virtual User Conference|
ADP SmartCompliance Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, U.S. Territories|