ADP SmartCompliance is a tax and regulatory compliance platform for midsize or larger companies using an ERP or non-ADP platform for HR and HRMS services.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/LA/ek/9OFGG7V2RMT6.PNGSmartCompliance is a SmartChoice!ADP SmartCompliance is used by our Payroll Team and HR Operations Team. We use it for reporting, balancing and answering employee questions. Prior to having SmartCompliance we had to rely on several systems to provide the information that SmartCompliance can provide in one place.,Peoplesoft,SmartCompliance provides me and my team a one stop shop for most all details around payroll taxes, employee garnishments and the WOTC tax credit. Each area is intuitive, provides the ability to run reports, and allows for interaction between my team and ADP through the website. Customer support for the website is top notch. While I haven't had more than a couple of challenges, I've been able to reach out to ADP and get my issues addressed and fixed and I'm on my way. The website provides a ton of information, but if you need help, it's right there for you. I like the ability to run my own reports and have them real time. I create what I want and then run the report. It doesn't take more than a few minutes and I've got what I need. The ability to upload documents and files is amazing. No more faxing and waiting for a confirmation. The upload process fast and easy, and you are able to view your uploads within a couple of minutes to ensure what you sent is what ADP received.,The e-mail function on SmartCompliance is a bit cumbersome in my opinion. I get the e-mails on the site and also get them to my work e-mail. Seems somewhat redundant, and they build up quickly so if you aren't on the site cleaning your inbox regularly, it's a challenge to empty the box quickly. I wish you could hover over the report names to see what exactly the report is. Sometimes my definition of a report and ADP's definition of a report differ, and I end up running the wrong report, only to find that the right report was under a different name or heading.,10,Reduced time on garnishments. We just scan and upload. We used to have to fax and send, then wait on confirmation and then load to the website. My team saves so much time on this process now. Reporting - we can get most all reports on demand, which is great when I'm asked for stats and totals for meetings. I love the updates on new regulations and reminders on due dates and upcoming changes. It's really a great product.SmartCompliance - walking the talkPrimary use of ADP SmartCompliance is for payroll taxes. We also utilize it for Garnishment Disbursements & Wage Payments. It's very user friendly. I am my own administrator so I'm not dependent on ADP to assign users, modify profiles, or add new tax entities. I like the independence, but if I need assistance, I have account managers I can reach out to.,Workday,Quick access to tax reports - I can run and download prior year or prior quarter whenever I need to. Filters are easy to set so I can get as much or as little as I need. Easy upload for agency notice needing attention - can track status online, add comments, and access the resolution packet when completed. Very easy to add new profiles as new tax accounts are added.,We just got the upgrade with the Wage Payments. I'm hoping that eventually we will have links within SmartCompliance to access the iPay Administration website. Right now all I can see is current status of the iPay account. Hoping the Wage Payment Reject Reports will also be within SmartCompliance vs having to go out to another website as we currently have to.,6,Because of the visibility to invoices and payments, reconciliation is much quicker with SmartCompliance. Being able to run test quarter files ahead of the end of quarter makes it much more efficient to know if you have issues and time to correct them before rather than after quarter end adjustments.Don't hesitate - Go with ADP SmartCompliance!ADP SMartCompliance is used by the Payroll Department to distribute and report our Tax filings, Tax payments, Wage Payments (both FSDD and Checks) and to distribute our garnishment payments. We are a small payroll department and process payroll in house using Workday, but prefer to outsource the tax filings, wage payments and garnishments. We previously used another partner for these tasks and were very dissatisfied with their services.,Workday,SmartCompliance captures all the payroll data in one location and makes it easy to access. SmartCompliance allows us to run reports when we need them. We can upload our periodic, quarterly and annual data and quickly extract reports to review for accuracy before the filing deadlines, which allows us to correct any issues without tax penalties, etc. SmartCompliance makes it so easy to generate tax amendments when needed. The system stores all the employee data and has a process that is very easy to update wages and/or taxes as needed for correction. The system quickly generates the amendment files and provides reports to review for processing with tax agencies. It used to take months to get an amendment processed with our previous partners. We can update tax rate changes, such as SUI rates, ourselves, as we received them without having to use a ticketing system that require monitoring for processing. We can quickly and easily update tax agency notices, which allows for very quick response time by ADP to any issues.,In the area of quarterly filings, it takes a bit of experience to understand all the reports generated and in which order we should review or use the reports. Laying them out in a organized way that we could quickly go down the list of priority would be very helpful. Occasionally, I need to add a comment to a tax notice that has been submitted and it seems to be locked for commenting. It would be helpful to be able to add information after a tax notice has been submitted.,10,We are able to keep our staff at a minimal level while still providing top notch payroll services. We can utilize an in-house payroll system while partnering with ADP for the tax payments/filings, wage and garnishment payments, and trust that ADP is on top of tax and other regulatory changes. We can get those occasional amendments processed very quickly to avoid further penalties and interest. The process is so simple with SmartCompliance as compared to years ago when you had to send file information and wait for it to be assigned, and then wait some more for it to be created.Interesting....It is being to used by the payroll department to fund payroll taxes for state, to access quarterly files, upload agency notices and amendments. It is also used by the tax department. The problems that are addressed include making sure what payroll has transmitted over to ADP matches up so the daily wire is 100% correct. Our company was using Ceridian as a vendor prior to ADP.,Peoplesoft,It accurately keeps track of payroll's transmission sweeps in their ADP Ledger. It's able to keep track of all amendments and their status. You can view all rates and ID numbers in SmartCompliance.,There should be a way where an employee's wages, taxes or other tax fields are always updated correctly in Amendment Input manually instead of having to keep having to submit them again. There needs to be a place where we can access the state power of attorney forms at all times. The website signs out a little too quickly after no use.,9,SmartCompliance was fairly easy to get used to plus it also has links where I can access The Bridge. It allows for some questions to be answered without contacting my ADP representative. I wish there was a better amendment input process that could avoid a lot of manual intervention.SmartCompliance makes my life easierSmartCompliance is used solely by the finance department. We converted to SmartCompliance in 2014 and use it for tax filings, quarterly/yearly reporting, and W2s. We used to use the ADP full-service product for 20+ years. We went out to bid on an integrated HR/Payroll software. SmartCompliance has been a good solid reliable product for VSAC.,None,Ease of upload - It is very easy to upload tax files in SmartCompliance. Reporting - The reporting is robust for either periodic or quarterly reporting as well as year end. Exception resolution - I receive an email if there is an exception that would prevent tax filings. Website is intuitive.,I would like to be able to upload wage payments into SmartCompliance. One stop shopping. Ability to reset a user's password. I would like to see more instruction on how to set up a jurisdiction. I found setting up a new state to be confusing and it did not set up the jurisdiction correctly. I needed my account manager to walk me through.,10,SmartCompliance has been a cost saver. We used ADP's full service payroll product previously. The quarterly and yearly reporting has made internal reconciliation much easier. It have been a time and frustration saver. I like that the product is web based and allows us to work towards a paperless office. I feel confident ADP has reduced any risk exposure to noncompliance or late filings.,3,3,Periodic and Quarter tax reporting and reconcilation W2 processing and reporting Stop payment and reversal of checks or direct deposits,We down load all the reports electronically and are now paperless.,Setting up new state jurisdictions,10,Financial Edge NXT, Questica Budget,Yes,Price Product Features Vendor Reputation Existing Relationship with the Vendor,No, I have been happy and would choose ADP again in the future.,Kronos Workforce Central,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Communications by the ADP implementation coordinator. Getting all the necessary documents in a timely manner.,5,10,No,I have worked with a lot of software support reps over the years, good and bad. I can say that ADP always provide exceptional customer service. Please continue the high level of service!,Reporting File Uploads Resolution Management,Can't place a stop payment on only one check.,10
ADP SmartCompliance

ADP SmartCompliance Reviews

ADP SmartCompliance
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018
Filter 90 vetted ADP SmartCompliance reviews and ratings

Lara Wilkins, CPP profile photo
January 23, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "SmartCompliance is a SmartChoice!"

• SmartCompliance provides me and my team a one stop shop for most all details around payroll taxes, employee garnishments and the WOTC tax credit. Each area is intuitive, provides the ability to run reports, and allows for interaction between my team and ADP through the website.
  • Customer support for the website is top notch. While I haven't had more than a couple of challenges, I've been able to reach out to ADP and get my issues addressed and fixed and I'm on my way. The website provides a ton of information, but if you need help, it's right there for you.
  • I like the ability to run my own reports and have them real time. I create what I want and then run the report. It doesn't take more than a few minutes and I've got what I need.
  • The ability to upload documents and files is amazing. No more faxing and waiting for a confirmation. The upload process fast and easy, and you are able to view your uploads within a couple of minutes to ensure what you sent is what ADP received.
  • The e-mail function on SmartCompliance is a bit cumbersome in my opinion. I get the e-mails on the site and also get them to my work e-mail. Seems somewhat redundant, and they build up quickly so if you aren't on the site cleaning your inbox regularly, it's a challenge to empty the box quickly.
  • I wish you could hover over the report names to see what exactly the report is. Sometimes my definition of a report and ADP's definition of a report differ, and I end up running the wrong report, only to find that the right report was under a different name or heading.
ADP SmartCompliance is a great resource for users of the ADP suite of products. I don't have any real negatives. I think it's one of the best third party resources that my company uses, and I've seen a number of them. Also, the continuous improvement of the website and it's offerings keeps me coming back to see what else I can do on the site. I've used SmartCompliance since it's creation, and other ADP resources prior to SmartCompliance and I am thoroughly sold on it.
Read Lara Wilkins, CPP's full review
Susan Davies profile photo
January 23, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "SmartCompliance - walking the talk"

• Quick access to tax reports - I can run and download prior year or prior quarter whenever I need to. Filters are easy to set so I can get as much or as little as I need.
  • Easy upload for agency notice needing attention - can track status online, add comments, and access the resolution packet when completed.
  • Very easy to add new profiles as new tax accounts are added.
  • We just got the upgrade with the Wage Payments. I'm hoping that eventually we will have links within SmartCompliance to access the iPay Administration website. Right now all I can see is current status of the iPay account.
  • Hoping the Wage Payment Reject Reports will also be within SmartCompliance vs having to go out to another website as we currently have to.
I like that we are able to update our tax profiles, but it gets confusing when ADP is also updating our rates. We do get notifications when changes are made.

I also don't understand why there is a new company code for each component. Wage payments & Taxes have different company codes.
Read Susan Davies's full review
Gina Dye profile photo
September 26, 2018

Review: "Don't hesitate - Go with ADP SmartCompliance!"

• SmartCompliance captures all the payroll data in one location and makes it easy to access.
  • SmartCompliance allows us to run reports when we need them. We can upload our periodic, quarterly and annual data and quickly extract reports to review for accuracy before the filing deadlines, which allows us to correct any issues without tax penalties, etc.
  • SmartCompliance makes it so easy to generate tax amendments when needed. The system stores all the employee data and has a process that is very easy to update wages and/or taxes as needed for correction. The system quickly generates the amendment files and provides reports to review for processing with tax agencies. It used to take months to get an amendment processed with our previous partners.
  • We can update tax rate changes, such as SUI rates, ourselves, as we received them without having to use a ticketing system that require monitoring for processing. We can quickly and easily update tax agency notices, which allows for very quick response time by ADP to any issues.
  • In the area of quarterly filings, it takes a bit of experience to understand all the reports generated and in which order we should review or use the reports. Laying them out in a organized way that we could quickly go down the list of priority would be very helpful.
  • Occasionally, I need to add a comment to a tax notice that has been submitted and it seems to be locked for commenting. It would be helpful to be able to add information after a tax notice has been submitted.
I believe ADP SmartCompliance is well suited for any organization that has implemented an HRIS system, such as Workday, but do not want to fully be responsible for the tax filings. I also feel it is very well suited to organizations such as ours that have employees in almost all 50 states. This helps to keep our payroll department staff at a minimum knowing we can rely on the cooperation between the Workday and the ADP SmartCompliance system. I think the only way I would not think SmartCompliance would be helpful would be with a very small company that would prefer to fully outsource their payroll process.
Read Gina Dye's full review
Lynwood Waller profile photo
December 19, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Interesting...."

• It accurately keeps track of payroll's transmission sweeps in their ADP Ledger.
  • It's able to keep track of all amendments and their status.
  • You can view all rates and ID numbers in SmartCompliance.
  • There should be a way where an employee's wages, taxes or other tax fields are always updated correctly in Amendment Input manually instead of having to keep having to submit them again.
  • There needs to be a place where we can access the state power of attorney forms at all times.
  • The website signs out a little too quickly after no use.
It is suited for when I have to submit my past W2C amendments and for accepting payroll sweeps from my company. It tracks those very well where there is hardly any problems.
Read Lynwood Waller's full review
Michelle Gagnon profile photo
December 18, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "SmartCompliance makes my life easier"

• Ease of upload - It is very easy to upload tax files in SmartCompliance.
  • Reporting - The reporting is robust for either periodic or quarterly reporting as well as year end.
  • Exception resolution - I receive an email if there is an exception that would prevent tax filings.
  • Website is intuitive.
  • I would like to be able to upload wage payments into SmartCompliance. One stop shopping.
  • Ability to reset a user's password.
  • I would like to see more instruction on how to set up a jurisdiction. I found setting up a new state to be confusing and it did not set up the jurisdiction correctly. I needed my account manager to walk me through.
SmartCompliance is a solid and reliable product. We have less than 200 employees and the pricing is appropriate and the customer service is great. We use a non-ADP HR/Payroll system and it would be nice to have our wage payments and tax filing integrated with our HRIS software.
Read Michelle Gagnon's full review
Mitch Norby profile photo
November 20, 2018

"ADP SmartCompliance is fast, easy, and accurate for payroll tax."

We use ADP SmartCompliance for Payroll Tax and Garnishments, and only by the payroll department. We did garnishments manually, and payroll tax utilized Master Tax prior to ADP. ADP is less work and more accurate than Master Tax.
  • Taxes are paid to the correct agency, on time.
  • Payroll Tax notices are less work and resolved timely.
  • Annual reconciliations are done with little or no effort.
  • The local tax for Jefferson County KY. School District should have it's own stand-alone code to better match our payroll system.
  • Some tax notices are mislabeled, a notice for Attalla, AL was labeled as Federal.
  • To resolve Quarter issues/errors the website makes you start from the beginning for each company, it should allow you to just keep working on the following issues without making you start from the beginning after each issue is resolved.
For a large company Payroll Tax is much easier with SmartCompliance. Once the set up is done then everything can be uploaded to the website, and everything is on autopilot after that. Our garnishment team has some trouble with the system, but I don't do garnishments so I don't know why or what the problem is.
Read Mitch Norby's full review
Marissa Johnson profile photo
November 17, 2018

Review: "ADP SmartCompliance is a very useful tool!"

The payroll department uses SmartCompliance for tax issues and reporting, wage garnishment and payments. It allows us access to data/reports when needed. We also use the system to upload agency notices for taxes and garnishments. Prior to SmartCompliance, we had to request this data individually from ADP which was not as efficient.
  • The system is easy to navigate.
  • Having the ability to easily access your associate's garnishment notices, answer forms, etc., allows us to provide better customer service.
  • Being able to download quarterly & annual tax reports from SmartCompliance is very efficient.
  • Having quarterly/annual filing information available more timely would be useful.
  • Being able to communicate with ADP tax experts through SmartCompliance would be a great tool.
  • Being able to communicate with ADP garnishment experts through SmartCompliance would be a great tool.
This tool is very efficient & useful. I would recommend ADP clients take advantage of the tool.
Read Marissa Johnson's full review
Evelyn E. Bozeman profile photo
October 31, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "We depend on Smart Compliance all the way!"

SmartCompliance is used by the payroll department. It allows us to transmit our payroll files on a weekly, semi-monthly and monthly basis. Prior to SmartCompliance, we used ADP and whatever system they offered for this information, I believe it was our account managers that provided the data. We have been with ADP about 29 plus years.
  • The information is available almost immediately.
  • Allows you to utilize your data in more than one way even those you never thought to have access to such as graphs.
  • It captures all activity you provided and displays it in several different ways.
  • It allows you as an employer to track data that is important to ensure has been handled such as agency notieces.
  • It would be nice to locate tutorials on how to use SmartCompliance navigation for example.
  • It would be nice to have access to reports for longer than 90 days if needed without having to involve the acct manager.
  • I would like to see more self-service handouts regarding the tools offered by ADP.
  • Best suited - Easy to understand and user-friendly and fast.
  • Less suited - Navigation of what is available seems to be hidden and not front and center.
Read Evelyn E. Bozeman's full review
Paul Barnes, CPP profile photo
October 30, 2018

Review: "ADP SmartCompliance makes reconciling and filing payroll taxes a breeze."

ADP SmartCompliance is utilized by payroll to deposit and file all payroll related taxes. It allows us to outsource our tax filing with the ability to reconcile, audit, and approve final filings. Previously, taxes were outsourced to another provider without the online capability for reconciling and reviewing all data. ADP makes compliance and audit very easy.
  • Customer Service
  • Reporting
  • Record Retention
  • Better confirmation of each deposit with individual agencies.
ADP SmartCompliance is an excellent choice for outsourcing taxes with a system such as Workday.
Read Paul Barnes, CPP's full review
Larry Roepke profile photo
October 30, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Partnering for Better Business!"

We use ADP for the Tax Credit Services. ADP has been an excellent partner in helping us maximize the tax credit opportunities. All of our locations are accessing the software to capture the required data to make this program successful. Previously, we were utilizing another provider for these services. This new process is more efficient and successful.
  • ADP has integrated with Avionte which simplifies our processes.
  • ADP reports keep us informed of our credits and opportunities.
  • ADP works with us to help design the internal processes to maximize the credit opportunities in an efficient manner.
  • The transition to ADP could have been smoother.
  • Our initial setup was not as efficient as it could have been.
  • I was left out of important communications in the beginning.
ADP is certainly well suited for capturing Tax Credits. We also use Global Cash Card and I believe they have been acquired by ADP. Global Cash Card has been a very trusted organization for offering cash cards.
Read Larry Roepke's full review
Catherine Williams profile photo
January 29, 2019

Review: "ADP SmartCompliance a helpful tool for payroll and taxes"

ADP SmartCompliance is used for our employment tax as well as federal and state reporting.
  • User-friendly when adding local taxes.
  • Notices are received from taxing agencies and notify us via email.
  • Reports for quarterly and annual tax can be retrieved.
  • Sometimes pulling the reports there are several steps and it not as user friendly as it could be.
  • Perhaps a drop-down menu of the available quarterly and annual reports
For a company that is using ADP for payroll, it should be part of the suite. It assists in keeping up to date on tax notices and information that is needed for a business to run a smooth payroll process.
Read Catherine Williams's full review
Dinetta Pierce profile photo
January 18, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "I get SmartCompliance"

ADP SmartCompliance is being used by HR and Payroll. It addresses the workforce tax credits. It has helped us get a handled on the tax credits available and we have benefited tremendously.
  • Issuing stop pays
  • Verifying tax informaton
  • Setting up tax IDs
  • Display tax rates
Smart Compliance is suited for stop pays and setting up and tracking tax codes.
Read Dinetta Pierce's full review
Jaehwan Youn profile photo
January 18, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Smart compliance, the name's too much compare to its efficiency."

ADP SmartCompliance was used in our payroll department until December, 2018. It was mainly used for stopping payment for checks, deleting direct deposits, requesting check copies, generating payroll ledger reports and uploading tax issues. It was an excellent module for tracking employees who claim they didn't receive a check, making a financial report and following up with unresolved tax issues with its convenient interface and modern design. However, the fee was quite expensive for stopping payment and deleting direct deposits (I suppose the fee was priced depending on the banking) and moreover tax issues were not promptly responded/addressed even after uploading.
  • Convenient Interface: It is not so hard to learn how to use SmartCompliance. After trying it for two hours, you'll be able to utilize the tool.
  • Good feature: Since SmartCompliance is well integrated with many types of banking, it's very useful when it comes to payroll accidents.
  • Prompt follow up/ response for Tax issues.
  • Provide pdf bulk download for 940 and other type of financial reports.
Previously mentioned. If your company frequently encounters payroll accidents/complaints, ADP Smartcompliance will be a great tool to use.
Read Jaehwan Youn's full review
Dieter Gable profile photo
November 13, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Not using ADP means you enjoy having things be more difficult and wasting money....."

We are using ADP SmartCompliance for the research & development aspects of our operations and the associated tax credit programs. Prior to ADP's involvement we had not made use of those benefits. Now we are aware of the program and use ADP across the entire organization. As a result of our positive experience in this area we have expanded the use of ADP into other areas.
  • The process was well described and the interactions were well structured.
  • The focus was on making sure that there was efficient use of resources (including key personnel) as it related to gathering data and interviews.
  • Overall the results exceeded our expectations (and we set some reasonably high expectations).
  • No suggestions at this time (and we otherwise seem to always have suggestions)
We have recommended ADP SmartCompliance to other companies with complex operations and R&D activities. Clearly it is well suited for companies of a reasonable size in order to make use of the capabilities and outcomes.
Read Dieter Gable's full review
Jennifer Mrumlinski profile photo
October 17, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "WOTC is an Easy Program with a Big Financial Impact"

We currently use SmartCompliance to track garnishment services, WOTC, tax notices, review data for quarter and year end.
  • WOTC is easy to use, navigate and easy for our prospective employees to navigate. We can track our progress in ADP Smartcompliance.
  • Smartcompliance makes it easy to see what is occurring with our accounts.
  • Smartcompliance allows our company to see what we are responsible for financially.
  • The administration piece is easy but just another step in ADP's ever complicated setup for users.
WOTC is well suited for large companies with a high volume of applicants and onboarding. You can obtain tax credits for hiring individuals that fall within a certain category without knowing or doing much work!
Read Jennifer Mrumlinski's full review
January 23, 2019

"Healthcare Company Review of ADP SmartCompliance"

Our company uses ADP SmartCompliance on a daily basis. It is easy to upload tax notifications to SmartCompliance to have ADP look into it. You are given a reference number for each notification so you can easily log back in to check the status. You can set up State IDs and Unemployment IDs easily on SmartCompliance. It is user-friendly and is used by our Finance department. It's great to have all our tax-related reports and notifications all on one software. Prior to using ADP SmartCompliance, we were manually looking into each notice that came in. It took us months to resolve issues and we were falling behind, which is the reason why we got ADP SmartCompliance.
  • It is easy to pull tax ID reports and quarterly and annual reports.
  • It is user-friendly and easy to track each tax notice that is uploaded.
  • You can have multiple users set up on SmartCompliance and can assign users different tasks.
  • Depending on the time, it's hard to reach a representative when I call in for assistance.
  • I've received several different answers for the same notice when I call in.
  • It doesn't work well on all browsers.
It is well suited for a medium to medium-large company. When we were a smaller company, it was easier to keep track of our documents and to resolve the issues in resolved state filings. Now that we have grown, we find ADP SmartCompliance the best resource for our filings and reports.

"ADP SmartCompliance Review"

I currently use SmartCompliance to upload tax notices, issue stop payments on checks, and also to check and see if checks have been cashed or not. I don't believe it is being used across the whole organization. Prior to ADP SmartCompliance, we were using Ultimate software to address these issues.
  • You can tell if a check has been cashed
  • Stopping payment on a check
  • Uploading tax notices
  • N/A
SmartCompliance is well suited for payroll and checking to see if checks have been cashed or to stop payment on checks. It is convenient to upload tax notices.
October 30, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Occasional frustration"

A file is submitted to ADP for them to process the employment taxes.
  • They pay the employment taxes in a timely manner.
  • Make it easier to find the quarterly tax files to printout, but I think they just did this with the last qusrter.
I had some unresponsive reps in the past, but the current rep is much better and I feel she is there to help me when needed. The other thing is how to get hold of the rep. I just can't pick up the phone and talk to them. I found the best way to get hold of someone is to send an e-mail.
September 28, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "WOTC Wonder"

We use the ADP SmartCompliance system for our lower level employees within the restaurants. We submit information for the WOTC program. It streamlines the WOTC system and allows us to avoid filling out 8850 forms by hand.
  • Streamline the WOTC process
  • When you call in employee info for the WOTC program, the wait times are terrible.
  • I'd like to see an app or web module version implemented.
It works well for the WOTC program in an industry that hires large amounts of blue-collar workers and needs a fast way to make sure that we get all the Tax credits that we need.
Vanessa Anderson profile photo
June 05, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "TRY ADP THEY ARE THE BEST AT PAYROLL PROCESSING"

Our company just converted from Ultipro to implementing Kronos Workforce as our payroll processing software and we use ADP as our third-party provider for check distribution, garn and wage payments. ADP Smart Compliance is being used to avoid exceptions and provide accurate quarterly tax payments. ADP addressed our wage garn issue, for example, we acquired a new company and failed to set up garnishments for this new company and ADP was able to rectify the issue and add wage payment immediately and provided a lump sum check to the creditors; which keep us in payroll deduction compliance :)
  • ADP PROVIDES A VERY WELL KNOWLEDGABLE STAFF TO ADDRESS ANY ISSUE YOU MAY ENCOUNTER
  • ADP ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL AS A USER OF THEIR SERVICES AND ALWAYS OPEN TO LEARN WHAT THEY CAN DO BETTER
  • ADP DEFINITELY WILL SEE ANY ISSUE THRU O THE END; GREAT FOLLOW UP SKILLS
  • I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADP ADDRESS DEALING DIRECTLY WITH THE COMPANY PREFERRENCES; AND NOT USE GENERAL GENERIC METHODS. WE KNOW ADP CAN PROGRAM TO YOUR COMPANY SPECIFIC NEEDS, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF CERTAIN ISSUES COULD BE USED ON A CUSTOMIZE BASIS. EXAMPLE RETRO PAY CALCULATOR PAID AS A SEPARATE CHECK AND STILL GENERATE INTO BATCHES FOR PAYMENT PROCESSING.
  • I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADP PROVIDE MY TRAINING TO UNDERSTAND THEIR REPORT STRUCTURE AND HOW TO TRULY USE THIR ADP COMPLIANCE FULLY. THEY HAVE PROVIDED 2017 SOARS TRAINING BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A MORE OF A ONE ON ONE COMPANY BASIS TRAINING.
  • ADP CAN HELP WHEN IT COME TO CLIENTS REACHING REPS IN A MORE TIMELY MANNER THE ACCT MANAGER USUALLY DOES GET BACK TO YOU BUT NOT ALWAYS THAT SOON.
I LOVE ADP; ALL COMPANIES HAVE ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENTS
Read Vanessa Anderson's full review
Leticia Alvarez, CPP profile photo
May 25, 2018

Review: "ADP SmartCompliance... I am so glad we switched!"

I am the only payroll person at our company. We switched to ADP SmartCompliance from OSV in Q1 of 2017. We use ADP for Payroll Tax and Wage Payments.
  • ADP SmartCompliance is great in that it provides all the reporting and info that you need in one spot and in an organized manner.
  • I like that ADP SmartCompliance allows you to upload agency notices and track the process of where it is at.
  • ADP allows the user to update tax rates an new states easily and quickly.
  • It would be great to have How To guides more easily accessible. (maybe within the sections that they pertain to). For example, a how-to guide on how to add a new state to the within the set up the screen.
  • I think that being able to download the quarterly tax filings that ADP filed on our behalf are missing. We do not know what was submitted directly to the agencies.
  • A built-in Quarter end / Year end checklist or workflow that is directly in ADP SC would be great. Currently, I reference a spreadsheet that is outside of ADP SC to ensure that I have checked the necessary reports and reconciled. If this could be a step by step task (with the due dates) within ADP SC and if you could mark it complete within the system instead of having to scan and fax the sign off sheet for the quarter... that would be great and would help keep me on track.
  • Reminders within ADP SC that would let me know when it was time to submit my Monthly file for Illinois would be great. I currently have a calendar reminder to remind me to send the monthly integration file.
ADP SmartCompliance is great at making sure that all the necessary information is where it needs to be.
Read Leticia Alvarez, CPP's full review
Hilda Marquez profile photo
April 10, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "ADP - lessen your load"

ADP SmartCompliance is being used by two companies within our organization to file and pay payroll taxes. Payrolls are processed within the organization twice a week Wednesday for Friday pay dates and Thursday for Monday pay dates. ADP SmartCompliance is also used to submit quarterly filing. All the functions supplied by ADP SmartCompliance were done manually prior to using ADP.
  • Provides a Tax Summary
  • Timely filing and paying of taxes
  • Research of agency notices
  • Welcome any improvement.
  • Can't identify any missing functionality.
  • Have no suggestion on doing things different.
ADP SmartCompliance is well suited when it comes to providing a Tax Summary. The ADP 'SmartCompliance portal is user-friendly and lets you know if you need to work and tasks or are in great shape. It also has a good notice of notifications and lets you know when something needs to be resolved.
Read Hilda Marquez's full review
Melissa Carter profile photo
March 22, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Smart Compliance and Payroll Processing"

We are currently using SmartCompliance for Payroll functions only, but the possibility of moving Accounting items over in 2019. We rolled out with ADP product services in May 2016, beginning with Aline cards and Wage Payments and adding the Tax and Garnishment modules in June 2016. Using the Aline and Wage Payment services have allowed us to be on a 100% electronic payment model since August of 2016 - prior to that we were an approximate 60/40 mix of paper pay checks and direct deposits, requiring us to have manual checkbooks in each of our facility locations to cut payment for terminations or other immediate payment needs. Adding the Tax and Garnishment modules allowed us to reallocate headcount that went to manually entering and tracking all employee garnishments and tax liability invoices into other functional responsibilities.
  • SmartCompliance is exceptionally user friendly, it does not require a lot of technical skill or training to navigate and leverage the site.
  • ADP's client support staff is some of the best I've worked with over my career. They are generally very responsive and quick to identify and resolve client issues and concerns.
  • They have moved to a point where the majority of the client services offered are all on one unified site - rather than having to navigate to multiple sites to perform multiple functions
  • Some of the SmartCompliance modules (i.e. Aline) are fairly new, thus can be a little buggy in the initial usage. Items like historical data from the prior PAT system are slow to move over, meaning multiple log ins are still needed to access history
  • Customer Service support is great, but sometimes it can be difficult to get Technical Support involved to assist with things like troubleshooting data integration issues or site specifications to build/improve data flow.
SmartCompliance is extremely helpful for business tax filing and reporting - contracting with ADP has allowed us as an organization to focus energies on other functional areas instead of worrying about recruiting or retaining employees with strong tax backgrounds who can be ahead of the game on any compliance changes. ADP's team is always well informed and stays abreast of changes within the codes that might slip through the cracks with independent research. For smaller businesses with lower employee counts, the Aline pay cards or Garnishment maintenance might not be as necessary from a compliance or process improvement standpoint.
Read Melissa Carter's full review
Ramona Fenner profile photo
April 13, 2018

User Review: "ADP SmartCompliance is a time saver!!"

We use ASP Smart compliance to handle all of our employment tax and W2 processing.
  • It handles the processing and reporting all of the employment taxes to the Federal; , state and local agencies.
  • Using ADP to process employment taxes and W2 processing together makes the Year End process uncomplicated.
  • Smart compliance also makes mapping jurisdictions very simple.
  • Once a jurisdiction is mapped it should be mapped across all payrolls.You have to repeat the process too many times.
  • If there are problems with smart compliance being down a notification to inform users that there is an issue via email.
  • The display of smart compliance is not easyto see most of the text is located at the bottom of the page which makes it hard to locate and view important information.
It well suited for employment tax and sending file transfers.
Read Ramona Fenner's full review
Melissa Cypher profile photo
April 04, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "ADP Smart Compliance is a Smart Choice!"

We use ADP Smart Compliance to manage our tax filings and report on what we've submitted per our payroll processes in Workday. We also use it to manage our ACH deposits made to employees (wage payments).

We were an ADP Payroll client prior to moving over to just tax and wage payments in 2015, but the ADP Smart Compliance portal has improved greatly since our implementation on this platform in 2015. We have more reports and tools available than we did as an ADP Payroll client prior to 2015.

It allows us to report our taxes and balance to our current payroll system, and resolve issues with more accuracy than we may have before. It provides good overall tax reports that allow us to show management where we stand with certain tax issues.
  • ADP Smart Compliance provides real-time tools to see your tax deposits, filings, and amendment files.
  • ADP Smart Compliance allows different options of updating information (tax input, amendment files, integration (manual and automatic)
  • ADP Smart Compliance has user-friendly reporting tools.
  • It would be great if more options could be provided between Workday integration and ADP Smart Compliance (Amendment processing and tracking)
  • I would like to see ADP Smart Compliance with real-time communication between client and ADP - perhaps a chat feature, for questions that clients may have and need answered without calling or waiting on their representative.
  • ADP Smart Compliance could improve by merging the W2 PSS process into Smart Compliance so it can be handled on one site.
  • I would like to see our Case Management with our ADP Reps integrated into Smart Compliance
  • I would like to see a report for ADP Smart Compliance that pulls just the 941X returns filed (we have amendment reporting, but that can get cumbersome if going through an audit and just wanting to select all 941/941X returns filed for a period of time)
ADP Smart Compliance is a great resource and tool for ERP or HRIS customers using other systems, to get a true snapshot of their tax filing and responsibilities.
Read Melissa Cypher's full review

Pay calculation (4)
Support for external payroll vendors (2)
Benefit plan administration (3)
Direct deposit files (6)
9.2
Salary revision and increment management (3)
Reimbursement management (3)

About ADP SmartCompliance

Compliance-as-a-Service solution that integrates with both ADP and non-ADP payroll, applicant tracking and other HR systems. It helps reduce the burden of and maintain compliance of processes such as employment tax, wage garnishment, paycards, tax credits, unemployment claims and employment verification.

It is a combination of integrated, enabling technology and service from compliance experts who manage many of the workforce compliance-related tasks required of employers while providing transparency throughout so you know what ADP is doing for you. The modular offering allows companies to enable the workforce compliance processes they need and then add and scale as their business or the regulatory environment changes.

ADP SmartCompliance Features

Has featureIntegrates with both ADP and non-ADP payroll/HR systems
Has featureModular architecture
Has featureCloud-based technology

ADP SmartCompliance Integrations

ADP SmartCompliance Competitors

OneSource Virtual, Equifax, Ceridian

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

Pricing varies based upon modules deployed and features enabled.

ADP SmartCompliance Support Options