ADP SmartCompliance Reviews

Johnny Mirador | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

SmartCompliance Works For Me

We use SmartCompliance with managing Tax Credits and our Payroll Department also uses it with taxes. In regards to Tax Credits, we are able to address missing information or documents. We can upload these documents to ensure we have all the information we need to process any credits we may have. Before SmartCompliance, we would have to address these functions through paper forms and secured emails.
  • Updated notifications
  • You can easily navigate through the system
  • Reporting. ADP continuously provides new reports
  • Send notification to user email
SmartCompliance is well suited for my needs with upkeeping and tracking tax credits with how easy it is to navigate the system. It lets me know of any tasks that I need to complete, which is usually obtaining a document. Once I have the document, it's easily uploaded in SmartCompliance without having to send secured emails. I am able to retrieve multiple reports that I provide to my supervisors.
The only request I would have is to have email notifications send to me when there is a task to complete.
Read Johnny Mirador's full review
Jacqueline McGraw | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 25, 2019

Mind Picking

ADP Smart Compliance is being used by the Payroll Department to upload garnishment orders to ADP Smart Compliance Portal. It is also being used across the whole organization when processing the W-2 tax forms and other tax processing that I am not involved in. I was processing the garnishments and submitting check payments to the vendors each pay date. The W-2 tax forms were prepared by our payroll manager before using the ADP Smart Compliance Portal.
  • Submit payments to vendors on an assigned date.
  • Promptly replies and resolves all emails.
  • Excellent communication with the account manager assigned to Jefferson University Hospital.
  • Excellent notification to employees with garnishments pending approval.
  • Quick access is needed when viewing credit refunds for employees.
ADP Smart Compliance Portal is suited very well with receiving multiply uploads of garnishments. ADP Smart Compliance Portal is less appropriate with processing garnishments that need to receive manual processing and manual submission of checks to Vendors. These particular garnishments can not be processed by ADP. Example: Employees may work for two companies within Jefferson and the secondary job attached to the garnishment can not be processed by ADP. The Primary job that is the lower salary wage can be processed by ADP Smart Compliance.
Read Jacqueline McGraw's full review
Amy Reich | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 30, 2019

Getting Smarter with Smart Compliance

We just started using ADP Smart Compliance when we moved to Workday from ADP's full service. We use it for wage payments, garnishments, and taxes. I was very nervous that somehow our taxes would not get paid using this service. I am very happy with this system and how easy it is to use and having my own tax specialist to reach out to really helped in the transaction.
  • Quarter balancing.
  • Easy to use dashboard.
  • Great support staff.
  • Wage payments should have one dedicated support person.
The one complaint I have is with my wage payment group, as I do not have a direct person to reach out to and at times it takes over 24 hours to get a response. My tax support team is very responsive and very helpful with any questions or help that I request.
Read Amy Reich's full review
Ruth Arnone | TrustRadius Reviewer

ADP SmartCompliance = Trust, Ease and Confidence

The Payroll department uses SmartCompliance to manage Aline enrollments. Also, I use it to manage my periodic and quarterly tax files, send over agency notices and see their resolutions, pull tax reports for balancing files and W-2 management.
  • Provides insight and information regarding payroll taxes
  • Provides reporting that is excellent
  • Aline card enrollment and management
  • Format of the reports when exporting is clunky and a lot of clean up is needed
SmartCompliance gives me all the information I need to handle the payroll taxes. The integrations with Workday work without incident and I can balance the files by easily accessing reports. The email communications let me know that everything is fine or that attention is needed. If something needs to be corrected, in just a few clicks I can have it completed. Huge timesaver!
Access to the Aline pay card program has been very valuable so that we can get our employees paid with instant funding and manually enroll easily.
I have no complaints.
Read Ruth Arnone's full review
Jade Lougee, MLST | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance - Robust, Reliable, Ready-to-Go!

ADP SmartCompliance is utilized by our company for our periodic tax filing, tax notices, wage garnishment notices and implementation. We do use this across a large cross-section of our organization. This product helps us to maintain our compliance with payroll tax filings and employee wage garnishments. This product has been in use in our company since before I was hired.
  • The daily periodic files are a key component in helping reconcile payroll taxes.
  • The ease at which tax notices can be uploaded, reviewed and resolved is tantamount to success.
  • It is a quick process to update tax rates and enter new locations into ADP. There are continuous updates and the program is user-friendly.
  • There are daily alerts for actions that need to be taken in order to stay in compliance with taxes and garnishments.
  • I would like to see more user-friendly links/buttons in order to run tax reports.
ADP SmartCompliance is well suited for a multi-state company in need of robust software and compliance materials. ADP updates the state tax information often, so there is no lag in the most current rates or tax laws.

I would like to see a more comprehensive garnishment system with easier access to upload garnishment documents.
Read Jade Lougee, MLST's full review
Ginger Javor, FPC | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

SmartCompliance is exactly that...SMART!

ADP SmartCompliance is uilized by Payroll only for tax compliance, agency notices, jurisdiction set up and maintenance, quarter reconciliation, annual reconciliation, invoicing and funding and W2s.
  • Sort and filter tax jurisdictions, agency notices, etc.
  • Easy to set up new tax jurisdictions.
  • Links on home page to the various areas. There are not enough.
  • Navigation can be cumbersome if you are not familiar with the set up.
I have used ADP SmartCompliance for several years and have watched it grow and expand. It is constantly changing and upgrading. There is so much you can accomplish on just this one site.
Read Ginger Javor, FPC's full review
March 27, 2020

Not a huge fan of SmartCompliance

This is used by multiple departments (HR, payroll, and occasionally our legal team). We use ADP SmartCompliance to make sure we're meeting tax reporting requirements, especially as we have employees in multiple states.
  • Good user interface.
  • Connects reasonably smoothly from WorkForce Now.
  • Offers a way to pin notes from the client to the researcher quickly and easily.
  • They are extremely delayed in how long it takes them to review notices.
  • They don't update the SmartCompliance homepage in a timely way (months delayed).
  • The people notified when an alert is posted in SmartCompliance aren't consistent.
If you have nothing to support your tax compliance, and you don't have capacity for an FTE, then I would suggest using SmartCompliance. But if you have any option for in-house support, or support from your legal counsel or payroll provider, I would use them instead.
March 17, 2020

ADP SmartCompliance Review

ADP SmartCompliance is used by Payroll and HR only. We currently use it to upload tax documents, run tax reports, tax disputes/inquiries, WOTC credit reports, and Aline Card ordering/enrolling.
  • Tracks WOTC applicants--it's easy to view who is still in processing and what further documents are needed for processing.
  • Upload Tax Notices--it's easy to upload any tax notices you need the tax department to navigate.
  • Easy to order Aline cards and to enroll employees for the Aline Card
  • Easy to pull past tax reports
  • If you have more than one tax issue, it can be cumbersome to find the correct case.
  • It can be a little difficult for communication between tax services and the client.
  • Tax Services through SmartCompliance seem to take quite a while to review.
Easy to upload tax documents/check WOTC screening, and easy to order Aline cards and enroll employees into the Aline program using ADP SmartCompliance.
October 24, 2019

Problems with ADP Wisely pay card customer service.

ADP SmartCompliance is being used by many departments within the company - Payroll, Accounting, Treasury, and Benefits.
  • Information that is detailed and ready for review almost immediately in some aspects and within 24 hours in other aspects. Information is available quickly and accurately.
  • They have quick and easy access to remedies if necessary.
  • They have many services to choose from. You can start out with a few services and add many others that are available as you become more familiar with all the services that they provide.
  • When a agency account has been inactivated it cannot be re-activated on the SmartCompliance website. This information has to be given to your account rep to be updated manually and sometimes this can lead to a delay.
ADP SmartCompliance is very well suited for most companies with all the services that they provide. May not be suited for small companies of 100 employees.
March 24, 2020

Dollars waiting to be obtained

Tax credit programs are being used throughout the corporation. ADP SmartCompliance allows time to be freed up by multiple departments. We were manually doing WOTC and other state programs internally.
  • Eliminates errors
  • Saves time
  • improves productivity
Utilization of ADP SmartCompliance in the WOTC environment is strong.
Lynda meyers | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2019

ADP-The best solution for Tax Credit approval and application.

I have used AD for Georgia Quality Jobs Tax Credit, Georgia Retraining Tax Credit, WOTC Credit and Hurricane Credit currently. Wotc is being used across the organization. The others are Tax Credits that I work directly with ADP to give them the info they need to determine the credit amount. ADP has been successful in bringing over $4,000,000 credits for TMX Finance to use on the Tax Returns. With respect to the WOTC Tax Credit, we switched over from using another service to ADP in 2018. We made the switch because ADP had a much more automated approach and because we have been so satisfied with the customer service that ADP brings.
  • They make the data gathering process easy for the client as they work with the data in the format that is easiest for the client to produce. I don't have to do allot of manipulation of the data.
  • ADP definitely puts the customer first. They are easy to work with, even when we ask dumb questions, they deliver their work in the time table promised and they a genuinely nice people.
  • They are always on point when there are new opportunities for TMX Finance to look at.
  • I have no suggestions
I have only had great experiences with ADP as it relates to Tax Credit analysis and application. I have not had a scenario where I felt they proposed something inappropriate.
Read Lynda meyers's full review
Janett Stout | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 09, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance has our back

ADP SmartCompliance is currently being used to upload income tax notices, change tax rates, and resolve tax issues. We use it to download our Statement of Deposit reports. It alerts us as well to any possible tax issues, such as missing tax IDs. It provides tax profiles that detail what responsibilities we have versus what ADP takes care of for us.
We are also using it to utilize the set up of the Wisely debit cards. SmartCompliance, once a card is set up, will alert us if there is a potential problem with the ACH, and we are able to go in and correct the issue so that there is no delay in the employee's pay.
  • SmartCompliance is very good at sending email alerts to let us know of new releases or maintenance downtimes.
  • I would like to see a little more help boxes on the set up steps for new tax profiles.
  • Uploading agency notices is extremely easy.
  • I also like that the tax records go back several years versus having to search in the reports archives to find them.
I feel that SmartCompliance is a wonderful means to maintain the control of tax notices and the status on them. This offers a much better organization of these notices rather than searching through emails. I also appreciate the ease of setting up the Wisely cards and the ordering of new ones as needed.
Read Janett Stout's full review
Tracey Seymour | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 31, 2019

Taxes, Taxes and More Taxes

We have centralized payroll for three groups, hourly, salaried and pensioners. Similarly, payroll taxes are managed by my office. We have multiple companies doing business in a lot of states. Utilizing SmartCompliance frees up our staff with regards to tax filings and researching tax issues. Our payroll process includes a deep dive with regards to taxes with each periodic process. Doing so helps us validate issues in advance of quarter-end.
  • Ease of tax profile setup.
  • Access to tax records.
  • Quarterly balancing process.
  • Responsive account management.
  • Be more proactive when files reject. I've been repeatedly notified by a tax authority only to find out about the issue as a response to an notice upload.
  • Faster access to quarter-end file updates.
If you don't have tax experts and resources with time to handle gathering and reporting, it's a great fit. It's less appropriate if your payroll tax set up is small, i.e. just a few states.
Read Tracey Seymour's full review
Yvette Mason | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 22, 2019

Minimizing payroll department tasks, adding efficeincy for improved payroll processing!

Our organization uses SmartCompliance for tax, wage garnishment compliance and pay cards. The ADP SmartCompliance application assists us with timely agency notice responses and resolution. The Wage Garnishment application provides our business with timely processing and assures our business is compliant. The Wisely Pay card provides ease of payments for our multi-state business structure. Prior to implementing the Wage Garnishment and Wisely Pay card applications, a lot of manual employee processing was needed. The ease of using these applications has greatly reduced processing turnaround time and added time to our employees workday for other payroll processing requirements. Thank you ADP for creating products that meet our business needs and deliver accuracy and compliance!
  • Timely Agency notice responses - I like the ease of use to submit agency notices for resolution and organized view when following up on the notices submitted.
  • Tax profile reporting - the on-demand reports ADP provides, allows for easy access and timely review of my tax payroll data.
  • Multi- state tax reporting - being a client who reports in more than 40 states, ADP's Smart Compliance Employment Tax product allows me to stay organized and compliant.
  • Availability of profile reports to be exported to excel in a easier format
  • Could be a little more thorough with agency notices to not have redundancy from the client
  • Agency notices in review should list the jurisdiction for the client to see
Agency notices by company and filing periods are well organized.
Read Yvette Mason's full review
Sarah Truman | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 18, 2019

ADP Smart Compliance Tax and Garnishment Review

ADP Smart Compliance is used by the Payroll Department to monitor tax and garnishment information. For tax, there is a dashboard at login to view the status of what needs our attention. We can then click through to address any issues. I also value reports area on Smart Compliance. Reports can be run for garnishments, invoices, tax, etc. I am in Smart Compliance several times a week as a manager for reconciling purposes.
  • Tax research - the ability to research the status of tax issues.
  • Invoice review - ability to pull and review ADP invoices.
  • Accessibility - ability to grant specific security access to team members including Treasury or GL.
  • Garnishment Reporting - it can be difficult to run a simple pay period disbursement report for reconciliation purposes. The information is available, but the formats available are not user-friendly.
  • Reporting - reports are delivered only with few run parameters available. It would be fantastic to be able to integrate ADP’s reporting capabilities with Smart Compliance. The user should be able to choose columns required on the report rather than just date parameters. Many times I have to cross-reference these reports with VLOOKUPs from others to gather all necessary info. Example: employee ID is missing on garnishment reports.
Smart Compliance’s tax area is its strongest area. The ability to see exactly what needs attention upon login is terrific. They will not be missed as long as someone is logging in frequently.

Garnishment reporting reconciliation is lacking. While there are a number of reports available, the formatting remains an issue as does the fact that employee IDs are not a reported value.
Read Sarah Truman's full review
David Guiler | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2019

Credits Made Easy

We currently use ADP to take advantage of the Georgia Jobs Tax Credit. HR, Payroll and Tax work with ADO to gather the necessary data need to apply for the credit. The credit is used against our GA state withholding. Prior to ADP we were missing out on the credit.
  • ADP had extensive knowledge of tax credits and incentives
  • ADP had the expertise to gather and submit the proper forms to qualify for the credits.
  • ADP's responsiveness was outstanding.
  • None
ADP is well suited in the area of credits and incentives.
Read David Guiler's full review
Edgar Rawas | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 11, 2019

Happy Client

For Tax Credit Services across the entire organization. Prior to ADP, we were with a small firm, Walton Mgmt.
  • Great customer service.
  • Doubled the value of our credits.
  • Very resourceful.
  • Reporting capabilities.
Nice to have access to our information.
Read Edgar Rawas's full review
andrew crippen | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 17, 2019

GAC HURRICANE

The Company most recently used ADP to compute and maximize the hurricane credit as well as support us with IRS concurrence. This specific product was used by the tax department. Without ADP we would not have been able to obtain such a high quality report accepted by the IRS nor achieve such a significant benefit.
  • The software was very user-friendly.
  • The ADP consultants were extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
  • The output generated by the ADP product was very insightful and easy to understand.
  • Additionally instructions or explanations on how the workstream works would be helpful.
  • Not a fan of the contingency. At minimum there should be a cap.
Read andrew crippen's full review
Donna Toth | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 04, 2019

Smart Compliance

Used in the finance department. Useful for missing checks and direct deposit info. Previously, we had to call ADP or wait for the bank records to see if checks were cashed or deposited. This saves time and makes it easier to track missing checks
  • Stopping direct deposits sent to incorrect accounts.
  • Reports
  • Correcting weeks of work for unemployment information.
  • Easier accessibility to employee pay checks
Reporting, checking stale, old check information. Check/Advice reversals, reports are easy to read and provide up to date, accurate information.
Read Donna Toth's full review
July 30, 2019

ADP is SmartCompliance

We use ADP SmartCompliance for our wage garnishments and tax filing. It is only used in our Payroll Department. It addresses the problems we have as a large organization with many garnishments, child support deductions, etc. by taking care of everything in relation to third party payments. Before using ADP, we did everything manually.
  • Is up to date on all regulations
  • Takes care of any issues that arise
  • Account managers are very knowledgeable
  • Making sure there are enough employees at ADP to get orders processed timely.
  • Letting the employer know when things are missed or have not been done timely.
Very well suited if you need to make sure you are following laws and regulations.
June 25, 2019

Accurate payroll tax compliance in several states for multiple employee worker types with many payroll cycles

It is being used across our entire organization for payroll and wage (employment) taxes in the United States, which is our headquarters. We used to be burdened with calculating payroll taxes ourselves without a system, and trying to figure out state by state employment regulations and were making mistakes. This module reduced operational and regulatory risk for 95% of our employees.
  • We just wire ADP the calculated amount of payroll/employment tax and they take care of the rest.
  • They do automated filings and help in reconciliations with our HR/Payroll system which then interfaces with our general ledger.
  • Reporting is comprehensive and easy to access for our payroll group and warehouse data analysts.
  • We should never have to pay ADP our payroll taxes the day BEFORE our actual payroll—they keep all of that float.
  • It is just one more speciality financial system used but we wished we could have everything in one system.
  • They need to provide other training for Finance not just Payroll and HR.
  • Unsure of their BCP plan during disasters.
It is an appropriate compliance system for large companies (or small organizations) when they have many payroll cycles, e.g. weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, off-cycle runs and different types of employees, e.g. union workers, professional workers, part-timers, seasonal workers, etc. The regs are very difficult and we can not afford to be fined for poor or missing filings. Not sure if it will work for our global employees in 10 countries.
June 21, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance - a smart way to handle your organization's tax filing!

It is being used for US federal, state, and local payroll tax filing across 40+ states and associated localities.
The service greatly reduces the burden to the client of reporting and filing taxes on a periodic, monthly, and quarterly basis. The regularly scheduled, automated integrations to ADP reduce the impact on the client's payroll operations.
  • Timely and accurate filing of taxes.
  • Immediate notification of any issues within the tax files submitted to ADP.
  • Delivered integrations with Oracle HCM Cloud that require low effort to implement.
  • ADP could provide increased flexibility to allow for client specific variations in tax filing requirements.
  • ADP could provide more detail regarding the cause of records/files that are in error.
ADP SmartCompliance works well for organizations that need to report taxes in the US. ADP could bolster functionality for tax filing within US territories (ex: US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico). ADP could provide better reporting functionality to pull out tax filing data to reconcile against the client's source system payroll results.
June 19, 2019

ADP Somewhat SmartCompliance

ADP SmartCompliance was implemented as part of a broader consolidation effort to align multiple systems and processes within our HR function. Specifically, we're using it to help streamline our employment verification processes within our recruiting function, and to assist with some aspects of payrolling and wage garnishments. Prior to implementing this technology, our payroll processes were not aligned across the US and Canada, as well as our vendor management processes for employment verifications. SmartCompliance has helped automate a handful of payroll processes, specifically around wage garnishments. [The reviewer also discusses ADP's Screening and Selection Service, which is used for pre-employment screenings and background checks, in parts of this review. ADP Screening and Selection Service is a separate set of services not included in ADP SmartCompliance.]"
  • Provides consistent, streamlined processes across multiple functions for employment background checks.
  • Reduces time to manually input wage garnishment information through automation.
  • Helped align disjointed payroll processes faced across multiple regions.
  • Could do with better integration with certain, preferred background vendors we've been using for a long time.
  • The UX could use more enhancements, as it's rather basic.
  • Some functionality isn't as intuitive, as we'd hoped for around processing wage garnishment information.
Well suited if being integrated with well-established systems like Workday, or vendors with a large market presence and robust capabilities to integrate well. It's not really that great when trying to integrate with smaller vendors.
September 05, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance

ADP SmartCompliance is being used in conjunction with our ADP Workforce Now module. It is where we go to address things like tax issues, tax discrepancies, reporting, reporting discrepancies, SOC, Wage Payments, Wage garnishments, ADP Wisely Cards, 941 Reporting, consulting with ADP tax departments and general ADP website support actions.
  • Tax inquiries.
  • 941 reporting.
  • Intuitive design.
  • Notifications.
  • An area on the main ADP Workforce now area to see alerts.
  • More emails about the status of open cases.
They are well suited for various tax cases. Inevitably any company may come across tax or reporting discrepancies and the ADP SmartCompliance team is ready and willing to help. Usually, they are receiving the notices the same times that I am and a case will already be started on their web site.

Pay calculation (8)
Support for external payroll vendors (12)
Benefit plan administration (5)
Direct deposit files (15)
Salary revision and increment management (6)
Reimbursement management (5)

About ADP SmartCompliance

ADP SmartCompliance is a comprehensive, cloud-based HCM compliance portfolio designed as an extension to payroll, HR, ERP or other business planning technology. ADP aims to help reduce the regulatory compliance burden for organizations with a combination of technology and service. The platform is integrated, yet each module can be purchased individually. The vendor's goal is to provide needed workforce compliance processes with room to expand as the organization's needs grow, or as the regulatory environment changes.

The ADP SmartCompliance portfolio includes:

Employment Tax: Manage the employment tax filing process and remittance

Wage Garnishments: Wage garnishment processing and administration

Tax Credits: Identify and capture tax credits and incentives

Wage Payments: Electronic payment options designed to be flexible

Employment Verification: Provide credentialed verifiers with secure access to employment and income verifications

Health Compliance: Meet the demands of the ACA's employer mandate and reporting requirements

Unemployment Claims: Managed unemployment claims with the assistance of ADP unemployment claims professionals

W-2 Management: Utilize automated tools for W-2 management and distribution

ADP SmartCompliance Screenshots

ADP SmartCompliance Video

Fully enable your existing technology and help close the Compliance Gap

ADP SmartCompliance Integrations

ADP Enterprise eTIME, ADP GlobalView HCM, ADP Vantage HCM, ADP Workforce Now, Cornerstone OnDemand, Deltek Costpoint, Hyrell, iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite, myStaffingPro, talentReef, Vista by Viewpoint, ADP Payforce, ADP / The Right Thing, ADP Recruitment Management, Avionte, Cadient Talent, Career Builders, Ceridian Tax Services, Dexter + Chaney Spectrum, EmCentrix, EMPTrust, Great Plains, HR Service Inc., Infinium, Infor, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Kenexa BrassRing, Kronos, Lawson, NowHire, Oracle, PDS Vista HRMS, PeopleSoft, ProBusiness, Sage, SAP, Snagajob, Sum Total Solutions, TEAM Software, TempWorks, Ultimate - Ultipro Enterprise, US Verify, Workday, WyckWyre

ADP SmartCompliance Competitors

OneSource Virtual, Equifax, Ceridian

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
  • Entry-level set up fee?Required

Pricing varies based upon modules deployed and features enabled.

ADP SmartCompliance Support Options