Reviews (1-25 of 71)
- Submit payments to vendors on an assigned date.
- Promptly replies and resolves all emails.
- Excellent communication with the account manager assigned to Jefferson University Hospital.
- Excellent notification to employees with garnishments pending approval.
- Quick access is needed when viewing credit refunds for employees.
- Provides insight and information regarding payroll taxes
- Provides reporting that is excellent
- Aline card enrollment and management
- Format of the reports when exporting is clunky and a lot of clean up is needed
Access to the Aline pay card program has been very valuable so that we can get our employees paid with instant funding and manually enroll easily.
I have no complaints.
- The daily periodic files are a key component in helping reconcile payroll taxes.
- The ease at which tax notices can be uploaded, reviewed and resolved is tantamount to success.
- It is a quick process to update tax rates and enter new locations into ADP. There are continuous updates and the program is user-friendly.
- There are daily alerts for actions that need to be taken in order to stay in compliance with taxes and garnishments.
- I would like to see more user-friendly links/buttons in order to run tax reports.
I would like to see a more comprehensive garnishment system with easier access to upload garnishment documents.
- Sort and filter tax jurisdictions, agency notices, etc.
- Easy to set up new tax jurisdictions.
- Links on home page to the various areas. There are not enough.
- Navigation can be cumbersome if you are not familiar with the set up.
- Good user interface.
- Connects reasonably smoothly from WorkForce Now.
- Offers a way to pin notes from the client to the researcher quickly and easily.
- They are extremely delayed in how long it takes them to review notices.
- They don't update the SmartCompliance homepage in a timely way (months delayed).
- The people notified when an alert is posted in SmartCompliance aren't consistent.
- Tracks WOTC applicants--it's easy to view who is still in processing and what further documents are needed for processing.
- Upload Tax Notices--it's easy to upload any tax notices you need the tax department to navigate.
- Easy to order Aline cards and to enroll employees for the Aline Card
- Easy to pull past tax reports
- If you have more than one tax issue, it can be cumbersome to find the correct case.
- It can be a little difficult for communication between tax services and the client.
- Tax Services through SmartCompliance seem to take quite a while to review.
- Information that is detailed and ready for review almost immediately in some aspects and within 24 hours in other aspects. Information is available quickly and accurately.
- They have quick and easy access to remedies if necessary.
- They have many services to choose from. You can start out with a few services and add many others that are available as you become more familiar with all the services that they provide.
- When a agency account has been inactivated it cannot be re-activated on the SmartCompliance website. This information has to be given to your account rep to be updated manually and sometimes this can lead to a delay.
- Eliminates errors
- Saves time
- improves productivity
- They make the data gathering process easy for the client as they work with the data in the format that is easiest for the client to produce. I don't have to do allot of manipulation of the data.
- ADP definitely puts the customer first. They are easy to work with, even when we ask dumb questions, they deliver their work in the time table promised and they a genuinely nice people.
- They are always on point when there are new opportunities for TMX Finance to look at.
- I have no suggestions
We are also using it to utilize the set up of the Wisely debit cards. SmartCompliance, once a card is set up, will alert us if there is a potential problem with the ACH, and we are able to go in and correct the issue so that there is no delay in the employee's pay.
- SmartCompliance is very good at sending email alerts to let us know of new releases or maintenance downtimes.
- I would like to see a little more help boxes on the set up steps for new tax profiles.
- Uploading agency notices is extremely easy.
- I also like that the tax records go back several years versus having to search in the reports archives to find them.
- Ease of tax profile setup.
- Access to tax records.
- Quarterly balancing process.
- Responsive account management.
- Be more proactive when files reject. I've been repeatedly notified by a tax authority only to find out about the issue as a response to an notice upload.
- Faster access to quarter-end file updates.
- Timely Agency notice responses - I like the ease of use to submit agency notices for resolution and organized view when following up on the notices submitted.
- Tax profile reporting - the on-demand reports ADP provides, allows for easy access and timely review of my tax payroll data.
- Multi- state tax reporting - being a client who reports in more than 40 states, ADP's Smart Compliance Employment Tax product allows me to stay organized and compliant.
- Availability of profile reports to be exported to excel in a easier format
- Could be a little more thorough with agency notices to not have redundancy from the client
- Agency notices in review should list the jurisdiction for the client to see
- Tax research - the ability to research the status of tax issues.
- Invoice review - ability to pull and review ADP invoices.
- Accessibility - ability to grant specific security access to team members including Treasury or GL.
- Garnishment Reporting - it can be difficult to run a simple pay period disbursement report for reconciliation purposes. The information is available, but the formats available are not user-friendly.
- Reporting - reports are delivered only with few run parameters available. It would be fantastic to be able to integrate ADP’s reporting capabilities with Smart Compliance. The user should be able to choose columns required on the report rather than just date parameters. Many times I have to cross-reference these reports with VLOOKUPs from others to gather all necessary info. Example: employee ID is missing on garnishment reports.
Garnishment reporting reconciliation is lacking. While there are a number of reports available, the formatting remains an issue as does the fact that employee IDs are not a reported value.
- The software was very user-friendly.
- The ADP consultants were extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
- The output generated by the ADP product was very insightful and easy to understand.
- Additionally instructions or explanations on how the workstream works would be helpful.
- Not a fan of the contingency. At minimum there should be a cap.
- Is up to date on all regulations
- Takes care of any issues that arise
- Account managers are very knowledgeable
- Making sure there are enough employees at ADP to get orders processed timely.
- Letting the employer know when things are missed or have not been done timely.
- We just wire ADP the calculated amount of payroll/employment tax and they take care of the rest.
- They do automated filings and help in reconciliations with our HR/Payroll system which then interfaces with our general ledger.
- Reporting is comprehensive and easy to access for our payroll group and warehouse data analysts.
- We should never have to pay ADP our payroll taxes the day BEFORE our actual payroll—they keep all of that float.
- It is just one more speciality financial system used but we wished we could have everything in one system.
- They need to provide other training for Finance not just Payroll and HR.
- Unsure of their BCP plan during disasters.
The service greatly reduces the burden to the client of reporting and filing taxes on a periodic, monthly, and quarterly basis. The regularly scheduled, automated integrations to ADP reduce the impact on the client's payroll operations.
- Timely and accurate filing of taxes.
- Immediate notification of any issues within the tax files submitted to ADP.
- Delivered integrations with Oracle HCM Cloud that require low effort to implement.
- ADP could provide increased flexibility to allow for client specific variations in tax filing requirements.
- ADP could provide more detail regarding the cause of records/files that are in error.
- Provides consistent, streamlined processes across multiple functions for employment background checks.
- Reduces time to manually input wage garnishment information through automation.
- Helped align disjointed payroll processes faced across multiple regions.
- Could do with better integration with certain, preferred background vendors we've been using for a long time.
- The UX could use more enhancements, as it's rather basic.
- Some functionality isn't as intuitive, as we'd hoped for around processing wage garnishment information.
ADP SmartCompliance Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ADP SmartCompliance
ADP SmartCompliance is a comprehensive, cloud-based HCM compliance portfolio designed as an extension to payroll, HR, ERP or other business planning technology. ADP aims to help reduce the regulatory compliance burden for organizations with a combination of technology and service. The platform is integrated, yet each module can be purchased individually. The vendor's goal is to provide needed workforce compliance processes with room to expand as the organization's needs grow, or as the regulatory environment changes.
The ADP SmartCompliance portfolio includes:
Employment Tax: Manage the employment tax filing process and remittance
Wage Garnishments: Wage garnishment processing and administration
Tax Credits: Identify and capture tax credits and incentives
Wage Payments: Electronic payment options designed to be flexible
Employment Verification: Provide credentialed verifiers with secure access to employment and income verifications
Health Compliance: Meet the demands of the ACA's employer mandate and reporting requirements
Unemployment Claims: Managed unemployment claims with the assistance of ADP unemployment claims professionals
W-2 Management: Utilize automated tools for W-2 management and distribution
ADP SmartCompliance Screenshots
ADP SmartCompliance Video
ADP SmartCompliance Integrations
ADP SmartCompliance Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Pricing varies based upon modules deployed and features enabled.
ADP SmartCompliance Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Virtual User Conference|
ADP SmartCompliance Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, U.S. Territories|