ADP SmartCompliance is a tax and regulatory compliance platform for midsize or larger companies using an ERP or non-ADP platform for HR and HRMS services.SmartCompliance is a SmartChoice!ADP SmartCompliance is used by our Payroll Team and HR Operations Team. We use it for reporting, balancing and answering employee questions. Prior to having SmartCompliance we had to rely on several systems to provide the information that SmartCompliance can provide in one place.,Peoplesoft,SmartCompliance provides me and my team a one stop shop for most all details around payroll taxes, employee garnishments and the WOTC tax credit. Each area is intuitive, provides the ability to run reports, and allows for interaction between my team and ADP through the website. Customer support for the website is top notch. While I haven't had more than a couple of challenges, I've been able to reach out to ADP and get my issues addressed and fixed and I'm on my way. The website provides a ton of information, but if you need help, it's right there for you. I like the ability to run my own reports and have them real time. I create what I want and then run the report. It doesn't take more than a few minutes and I've got what I need. The ability to upload documents and files is amazing. No more faxing and waiting for a confirmation. The upload process fast and easy, and you are able to view your uploads within a couple of minutes to ensure what you sent is what ADP received.,The e-mail function on SmartCompliance is a bit cumbersome in my opinion. I get the e-mails on the site and also get them to my work e-mail. Seems somewhat redundant, and they build up quickly so if you aren't on the site cleaning your inbox regularly, it's a challenge to empty the box quickly. I wish you could hover over the report names to see what exactly the report is. Sometimes my definition of a report and ADP's definition of a report differ, and I end up running the wrong report, only to find that the right report was under a different name or heading.,10,Reduced time on garnishments. We just scan and upload. We used to have to fax and send, then wait on confirmation and then load to the website. My team saves so much time on this process now. Reporting - we can get most all reports on demand, which is great when I'm asked for stats and totals for meetings. I love the updates on new regulations and reminders on due dates and upcoming changes. It's really a great product.ADP SmartCompliance really is Smart and ensures your ComplianceThe payroll department utilizes SmartCompliance for employment taxes and wage payments. It is only used by the payroll department but benefits the entire organization by ensuring compliance with various local, state and federal regulations. All functions performed through SmartCompliance were handled manually by the payroll department prior to our partnership with ADP. This is an invaluable tool for our department.,Ultimate- Enterprise,Real time employment tax obligations Easy to use steps for agency notices. Excellent record keeping and follow up Easy to use "stop payment" for wage payments issued,Currently we have 2 separate websites t log into for wage payments and employment taxes - would love to see all features of wage payments integrated with SmartCompliance,10,Reduces the amount of manual work that used to be required by our payroll department Enables our department to manage compliance, minimize risk and liability and adapt to new regulations quickly and efficientlySmartCompliance- The name says it all.The payroll department is the only department that is currently using Smart Compliance. We use it for balancing our tax files with Workday, and to run reports for internal and external auditors. We use it to import any Agency inquiries regarding tax. We update SUI rates and power of attorney requests. We use the garnishment reports to balance what is in WorkDay.,Empower - Workday,Tax filing reports. Metrics. Listing of outstanding items pertaining to Agency inquiries.,Garnishment integration.,10,Manage compliance. Minimize risk. Reduce administrative work.SmartCompliance - walking the talkPrimary use of ADP SmartCompliance is for payroll taxes. We also utilize it for Garnishment Disbursements & Wage Payments. It's very user friendly. I am my own administrator so I'm not dependent on ADP to assign users, modify profiles, or add new tax entities. I like the independence, but if I need assistance, I have account managers I can reach out to.,Workday,Quick access to tax reports - I can run and download prior year or prior quarter whenever I need to. Filters are easy to set so I can get as much or as little as I need. Easy upload for agency notice needing attention - can track status online, add comments, and access the resolution packet when completed. Very easy to add new profiles as new tax accounts are added.,We just got the upgrade with the Wage Payments. I'm hoping that eventually we will have links within SmartCompliance to access the iPay Administration website. Right now all I can see is current status of the iPay account. Hoping the Wage Payment Reject Reports will also be within SmartCompliance vs having to go out to another website as we currently have to.,6,Because of the visibility to invoices and payments, reconciliation is much quicker with SmartCompliance. Being able to run test quarter files ahead of the end of quarter makes it much more efficient to know if you have issues and time to correct them before rather than after quarter end adjustments.GAC HURRICANEThe Company most recently used ADP to compute and maximize the hurricane credit as well as support us with IRS concurrence. This specific product was used by the tax department. Without ADP we would not have been able to obtain such a high quality report accepted by the IRS nor achieve such a significant benefit.,I'm not sure,The software was very user-friendly. The ADP consultants were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The output generated by the ADP product was very insightful and easy to understand.,Additionally instructions or explanations on how the workstream works would be helpful. Not a fan of the contingency. At minimum there should be a cap.,10
ADP SmartCompliance

ADP SmartCompliance Reviews

ADP SmartCompliance
Filter 98 vetted ADP SmartCompliance reviews and ratings

Lara Wilkins, CPP profile photo
January 23, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "SmartCompliance is a SmartChoice!"

• SmartCompliance provides me and my team a one stop shop for most all details around payroll taxes, employee garnishments and the WOTC tax credit. Each area is intuitive, provides the ability to run reports, and allows for interaction between my team and ADP through the website.
  • Customer support for the website is top notch. While I haven't had more than a couple of challenges, I've been able to reach out to ADP and get my issues addressed and fixed and I'm on my way. The website provides a ton of information, but if you need help, it's right there for you.
  • I like the ability to run my own reports and have them real time. I create what I want and then run the report. It doesn't take more than a few minutes and I've got what I need.
  • The ability to upload documents and files is amazing. No more faxing and waiting for a confirmation. The upload process fast and easy, and you are able to view your uploads within a couple of minutes to ensure what you sent is what ADP received.
  • The e-mail function on SmartCompliance is a bit cumbersome in my opinion. I get the e-mails on the site and also get them to my work e-mail. Seems somewhat redundant, and they build up quickly so if you aren't on the site cleaning your inbox regularly, it's a challenge to empty the box quickly.
  • I wish you could hover over the report names to see what exactly the report is. Sometimes my definition of a report and ADP's definition of a report differ, and I end up running the wrong report, only to find that the right report was under a different name or heading.
ADP SmartCompliance is a great resource for users of the ADP suite of products. I don't have any real negatives. I think it's one of the best third party resources that my company uses, and I've seen a number of them. Also, the continuous improvement of the website and it's offerings keeps me coming back to see what else I can do on the site. I've used SmartCompliance since it's creation, and other ADP resources prior to SmartCompliance and I am thoroughly sold on it.
Read Lara Wilkins, CPP's full review
Carla Reeves profile photo
March 22, 2019

Review: "ADP SmartCompliance really is Smart and ensures your Compliance"

• Real time employment tax obligations
  • Easy to use steps for agency notices. Excellent record keeping and follow up
  • Easy to use "stop payment" for wage payments issued
  • Currently we have 2 separate websites t log into for wage payments and employment taxes - would love to see all features of wage payments integrated with SmartCompliance
SmartCompliance is easy to use and contains every feature I would expect for handling our employment taxes.
Read Carla Reeves's full review
Delfino Valdez profile photo
February 21, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "SmartCompliance- The name says it all."

• Tax filing reports.
  • Metrics.
  • Listing of outstanding items pertaining to Agency inquiries.
  • Garnishment integration.
This is the go-to place for all of my tax reports for internal and external auditors. The payroll team relies on the reporting capabilities. We rely on SmartCompliance to keep track of outstanding agency issues pertaining to taxes, for both SUI and SIT. It is a great tool for quarter and year-end balancing.
Read Delfino Valdez's full review
Susan Davies profile photo
January 23, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "SmartCompliance - walking the talk"

• Quick access to tax reports - I can run and download prior year or prior quarter whenever I need to. Filters are easy to set so I can get as much or as little as I need.
  • Easy upload for agency notice needing attention - can track status online, add comments, and access the resolution packet when completed.
  • Very easy to add new profiles as new tax accounts are added.
  • We just got the upgrade with the Wage Payments. I'm hoping that eventually we will have links within SmartCompliance to access the iPay Administration website. Right now all I can see is current status of the iPay account.
  • Hoping the Wage Payment Reject Reports will also be within SmartCompliance vs having to go out to another website as we currently have to.
I like that we are able to update our tax profiles, but it gets confusing when ADP is also updating our rates. We do get notifications when changes are made.

I also don't understand why there is a new company code for each component. Wage payments & Taxes have different company codes.
Read Susan Davies's full review
andrew crippen profile photo
May 17, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "GAC HURRICANE"

• The software was very user-friendly.
  • The ADP consultants were extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
  • The output generated by the ADP product was very insightful and easy to understand.
  • Additionally instructions or explanations on how the workstream works would be helpful.
  • Not a fan of the contingency. At minimum there should be a cap.
Read andrew crippen's full review
Donna Toth profile photo
May 04, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Smart Compliance"

Used in the finance department. Useful for missing checks and direct deposit info. Previously, we had to call ADP or wait for the bank records to see if checks were cashed or deposited. This saves time and makes it easier to track missing checks
  • Stopping direct deposits sent to incorrect accounts.
  • Reports
  • Correcting weeks of work for unemployment information.
  • Easier accessibility to employee pay checks
Reporting, checking stale, old check information. Check/Advice reversals, reports are easy to read and provide up to date, accurate information.
Read Donna Toth's full review
Lynwood Waller profile photo
December 19, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Interesting...."

It is being to used by the payroll department to fund payroll taxes for state, to access quarterly files, upload agency notices and amendments. It is also used by the tax department. The problems that are addressed include making sure what payroll has transmitted over to ADP matches up so the daily wire is 100% correct. Our company was using Ceridian as a vendor prior to ADP.
  • It accurately keeps track of payroll's transmission sweeps in their ADP Ledger.
  • It's able to keep track of all amendments and their status.
  • You can view all rates and ID numbers in SmartCompliance.
  • There should be a way where an employee's wages, taxes or other tax fields are always updated correctly in Amendment Input manually instead of having to keep having to submit them again.
  • There needs to be a place where we can access the state power of attorney forms at all times.
  • The website signs out a little too quickly after no use.
It is suited for when I have to submit my past W2C amendments and for accepting payroll sweeps from my company. It tracks those very well where there is hardly any problems.
Read Lynwood Waller's full review
Michelle Gagnon profile photo
December 18, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "SmartCompliance makes my life easier"

SmartCompliance is used solely by the finance department. We converted to SmartCompliance in 2014 and use it for tax filings, quarterly/yearly reporting, and W2s. We used to use the ADP full-service product for 20+ years. We went out to bid on an integrated HR/Payroll software. SmartCompliance has been a good solid reliable product for VSAC.
  • Ease of upload - It is very easy to upload tax files in SmartCompliance.
  • Reporting - The reporting is robust for either periodic or quarterly reporting as well as year end.
  • Exception resolution - I receive an email if there is an exception that would prevent tax filings.
  • Website is intuitive.
  • I would like to be able to upload wage payments into SmartCompliance. One stop shopping.
  • Ability to reset a user's password.
  • I would like to see more instruction on how to set up a jurisdiction. I found setting up a new state to be confusing and it did not set up the jurisdiction correctly. I needed my account manager to walk me through.
SmartCompliance is a solid and reliable product. We have less than 200 employees and the pricing is appropriate and the customer service is great. We use a non-ADP HR/Payroll system and it would be nice to have our wage payments and tax filing integrated with our HRIS software.
Read Michelle Gagnon's full review
Catherine Williams profile photo
January 29, 2019

Review: "ADP SmartCompliance a helpful tool for payroll and taxes"

ADP SmartCompliance is used for our employment tax as well as federal and state reporting.
  • User-friendly when adding local taxes.
  • Notices are received from taxing agencies and notify us via email.
  • Reports for quarterly and annual tax can be retrieved.
  • Sometimes pulling the reports there are several steps and it not as user friendly as it could be.
  • Perhaps a drop-down menu of the available quarterly and annual reports
For a company that is using ADP for payroll, it should be part of the suite. It assists in keeping up to date on tax notices and information that is needed for a business to run a smooth payroll process.
Read Catherine Williams's full review
Dinetta Pierce profile photo
January 18, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "I get SmartCompliance"

ADP SmartCompliance is being used by HR and Payroll. It addresses the workforce tax credits. It has helped us get a handled on the tax credits available and we have benefited tremendously.
  • Issuing stop pays
  • Verifying tax informaton
  • Setting up tax IDs
  • Display tax rates
Smart Compliance is suited for stop pays and setting up and tracking tax codes.
Read Dinetta Pierce's full review
Jaehwan Youn profile photo
January 18, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Smart compliance, the name's too much compare to its efficiency."

ADP SmartCompliance was used in our payroll department until December, 2018. It was mainly used for stopping payment for checks, deleting direct deposits, requesting check copies, generating payroll ledger reports and uploading tax issues. It was an excellent module for tracking employees who claim they didn't receive a check, making a financial report and following up with unresolved tax issues with its convenient interface and modern design. However, the fee was quite expensive for stopping payment and deleting direct deposits (I suppose the fee was priced depending on the banking) and moreover tax issues were not promptly responded/addressed even after uploading.
  • Convenient Interface: It is not so hard to learn how to use SmartCompliance. After trying it for two hours, you'll be able to utilize the tool.
  • Good feature: Since SmartCompliance is well integrated with many types of banking, it's very useful when it comes to payroll accidents.
  • Prompt follow up/ response for Tax issues.
  • Provide pdf bulk download for 940 and other type of financial reports.
Previously mentioned. If your company frequently encounters payroll accidents/complaints, ADP Smartcompliance will be a great tool to use.
Read Jaehwan Youn's full review
February 21, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "WOTC Program Administrator"

It is being used by the department to optimize credit opportunities and compliance.
  • The ADP system helps our company with credit compliance and processes.
  • ADP SmartCompliance has in-depth analytics and excellent and streamlined YE reporting. Real-time systems provide insight without waiting for a scheduled report. Access to this tool frees up resources and allows us to do more in less time.
  • The questionnaire process is quick and easy for candidates to use. We appreciate the ease of access through a mobile-specific device.
  • We appreciate the seamless integration with the applicant system.
  • ADP keeps data secure and is always improving as new technology becomes available.
  • There are gaps in reporting. Some reports do not have up-to-date information even though weekly reports are sent.
  • We would like the locations list to be current, old groups, districts, supervisors removed. We would like term dates entered regularly.
ADP SmartCompliance is able to capture many data points, giving real time results.
January 23, 2019

"Healthcare Company Review of ADP SmartCompliance"

Our company uses ADP SmartCompliance on a daily basis. It is easy to upload tax notifications to SmartCompliance to have ADP look into it. You are given a reference number for each notification so you can easily log back in to check the status. You can set up State IDs and Unemployment IDs easily on SmartCompliance. It is user-friendly and is used by our Finance department. It's great to have all our tax-related reports and notifications all on one software. Prior to using ADP SmartCompliance, we were manually looking into each notice that came in. It took us months to resolve issues and we were falling behind, which is the reason why we got ADP SmartCompliance.
  • It is easy to pull tax ID reports and quarterly and annual reports.
  • It is user-friendly and easy to track each tax notice that is uploaded.
  • You can have multiple users set up on SmartCompliance and can assign users different tasks.
  • Depending on the time, it's hard to reach a representative when I call in for assistance.
  • I've received several different answers for the same notice when I call in.
  • It doesn't work well on all browsers.
It is well suited for a medium to medium-large company. When we were a smaller company, it was easier to keep track of our documents and to resolve the issues in resolved state filings. Now that we have grown, we find ADP SmartCompliance the best resource for our filings and reports.
February 28, 2019

ADP SmartCompliance: "The Great Review"

ADP is used for different functions within our organization. My group use ADP for Payroll Tax purposes. ADP files all our tax returns, reviews our notice and calls jurisdictions on our company's behalf. Not for sure what our company was doing prior to ADP.
  • file tax returns
  • review notices
  • try to make process improvements to fit our needs.
  • answer questions when asked.
  • making it easy for clients to get their own tax returns from smart compliance
  • having another action button asking us if ADP wants to make an amendment when ADP review tracers
  • then new invoice is not as detail as it should be.
Well suited when it comes to filing tax returns, but needs improvement on letting the customer have more access to certain reports.
Gina Dye profile photo
September 26, 2018

Review: "Don't hesitate - Go with ADP SmartCompliance!"

ADP SMartCompliance is used by the Payroll Department to distribute and report our Tax filings, Tax payments, Wage Payments (both FSDD and Checks) and to distribute our garnishment payments. We are a small payroll department and process payroll in house using Workday, but prefer to outsource the tax filings, wage payments and garnishments. We previously used another partner for these tasks and were very dissatisfied with their services.
  • SmartCompliance captures all the payroll data in one location and makes it easy to access.
  • SmartCompliance allows us to run reports when we need them. We can upload our periodic, quarterly and annual data and quickly extract reports to review for accuracy before the filing deadlines, which allows us to correct any issues without tax penalties, etc.
  • SmartCompliance makes it so easy to generate tax amendments when needed. The system stores all the employee data and has a process that is very easy to update wages and/or taxes as needed for correction. The system quickly generates the amendment files and provides reports to review for processing with tax agencies. It used to take months to get an amendment processed with our previous partners.
  • We can update tax rate changes, such as SUI rates, ourselves, as we received them without having to use a ticketing system that require monitoring for processing. We can quickly and easily update tax agency notices, which allows for very quick response time by ADP to any issues.
  • In the area of quarterly filings, it takes a bit of experience to understand all the reports generated and in which order we should review or use the reports. Laying them out in a organized way that we could quickly go down the list of priority would be very helpful.
  • Occasionally, I need to add a comment to a tax notice that has been submitted and it seems to be locked for commenting. It would be helpful to be able to add information after a tax notice has been submitted.
I believe ADP SmartCompliance is well suited for any organization that has implemented an HRIS system, such as Workday, but do not want to fully be responsible for the tax filings. I also feel it is very well suited to organizations such as ours that have employees in almost all 50 states. This helps to keep our payroll department staff at a minimum knowing we can rely on the cooperation between the Workday and the ADP SmartCompliance system. I think the only way I would not think SmartCompliance would be helpful would be with a very small company that would prefer to fully outsource their payroll process.
Read Gina Dye's full review
Mitch Norby profile photo
November 20, 2018

"ADP SmartCompliance is fast, easy, and accurate for payroll tax."

We use ADP SmartCompliance for Payroll Tax and Garnishments, and only by the payroll department. We did garnishments manually, and payroll tax utilized Master Tax prior to ADP. ADP is less work and more accurate than Master Tax.
  • Taxes are paid to the correct agency, on time.
  • Payroll Tax notices are less work and resolved timely.
  • Annual reconciliations are done with little or no effort.
  • The local tax for Jefferson County KY. School District should have it's own stand-alone code to better match our payroll system.
  • Some tax notices are mislabeled, a notice for Attalla, AL was labeled as Federal.
  • To resolve Quarter issues/errors the website makes you start from the beginning for each company, it should allow you to just keep working on the following issues without making you start from the beginning after each issue is resolved.
For a large company Payroll Tax is much easier with SmartCompliance. Once the set up is done then everything can be uploaded to the website, and everything is on autopilot after that. Our garnishment team has some trouble with the system, but I don't do garnishments so I don't know why or what the problem is.
Read Mitch Norby's full review
Marissa Johnson profile photo
November 17, 2018

Review: "ADP SmartCompliance is a very useful tool!"

The payroll department uses SmartCompliance for tax issues and reporting, wage garnishment and payments. It allows us access to data/reports when needed. We also use the system to upload agency notices for taxes and garnishments. Prior to SmartCompliance, we had to request this data individually from ADP which was not as efficient.
  • The system is easy to navigate.
  • Having the ability to easily access your associate's garnishment notices, answer forms, etc., allows us to provide better customer service.
  • Being able to download quarterly & annual tax reports from SmartCompliance is very efficient.
  • Having quarterly/annual filing information available more timely would be useful.
  • Being able to communicate with ADP tax experts through SmartCompliance would be a great tool.
  • Being able to communicate with ADP garnishment experts through SmartCompliance would be a great tool.
This tool is very efficient & useful. I would recommend ADP clients take advantage of the tool.
Read Marissa Johnson's full review
Evelyn E. Bozeman profile photo
October 31, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "We depend on Smart Compliance all the way!"

SmartCompliance is used by the payroll department. It allows us to transmit our payroll files on a weekly, semi-monthly and monthly basis. Prior to SmartCompliance, we used ADP and whatever system they offered for this information, I believe it was our account managers that provided the data. We have been with ADP about 29 plus years.
  • The information is available almost immediately.
  • Allows you to utilize your data in more than one way even those you never thought to have access to such as graphs.
  • It captures all activity you provided and displays it in several different ways.
  • It allows you as an employer to track data that is important to ensure has been handled such as agency notieces.
  • It would be nice to locate tutorials on how to use SmartCompliance navigation for example.
  • It would be nice to have access to reports for longer than 90 days if needed without having to involve the acct manager.
  • I would like to see more self-service handouts regarding the tools offered by ADP.
  • Best suited - Easy to understand and user-friendly and fast.
  • Less suited - Navigation of what is available seems to be hidden and not front and center.
Read Evelyn E. Bozeman's full review
Paul Barnes, CPP profile photo
October 30, 2018

Review: "ADP SmartCompliance makes reconciling and filing payroll taxes a breeze."

ADP SmartCompliance is utilized by payroll to deposit and file all payroll related taxes. It allows us to outsource our tax filing with the ability to reconcile, audit, and approve final filings. Previously, taxes were outsourced to another provider without the online capability for reconciling and reviewing all data. ADP makes compliance and audit very easy.
  • Customer Service
  • Reporting
  • Record Retention
  • Better confirmation of each deposit with individual agencies.
ADP SmartCompliance is an excellent choice for outsourcing taxes with a system such as Workday.
Read Paul Barnes, CPP's full review
Larry Roepke profile photo
October 30, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Partnering for Better Business!"

We use ADP for the Tax Credit Services. ADP has been an excellent partner in helping us maximize the tax credit opportunities. All of our locations are accessing the software to capture the required data to make this program successful. Previously, we were utilizing another provider for these services. This new process is more efficient and successful.
  • ADP has integrated with Avionte which simplifies our processes.
  • ADP reports keep us informed of our credits and opportunities.
  • ADP works with us to help design the internal processes to maximize the credit opportunities in an efficient manner.
  • The transition to ADP could have been smoother.
  • Our initial setup was not as efficient as it could have been.
  • I was left out of important communications in the beginning.
ADP is certainly well suited for capturing Tax Credits. We also use Global Cash Card and I believe they have been acquired by ADP. Global Cash Card has been a very trusted organization for offering cash cards.
Read Larry Roepke's full review
Vanessa Anderson profile photo
June 05, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "TRY ADP THEY ARE THE BEST AT PAYROLL PROCESSING"

Our company just converted from Ultipro to implementing Kronos Workforce as our payroll processing software and we use ADP as our third-party provider for check distribution, garn and wage payments. ADP Smart Compliance is being used to avoid exceptions and provide accurate quarterly tax payments. ADP addressed our wage garn issue, for example, we acquired a new company and failed to set up garnishments for this new company and ADP was able to rectify the issue and add wage payment immediately and provided a lump sum check to the creditors; which keep us in payroll deduction compliance :)
  • ADP PROVIDES A VERY WELL KNOWLEDGABLE STAFF TO ADDRESS ANY ISSUE YOU MAY ENCOUNTER
  • ADP ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL AS A USER OF THEIR SERVICES AND ALWAYS OPEN TO LEARN WHAT THEY CAN DO BETTER
  • ADP DEFINITELY WILL SEE ANY ISSUE THRU O THE END; GREAT FOLLOW UP SKILLS
  • I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADP ADDRESS DEALING DIRECTLY WITH THE COMPANY PREFERRENCES; AND NOT USE GENERAL GENERIC METHODS. WE KNOW ADP CAN PROGRAM TO YOUR COMPANY SPECIFIC NEEDS, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF CERTAIN ISSUES COULD BE USED ON A CUSTOMIZE BASIS. EXAMPLE RETRO PAY CALCULATOR PAID AS A SEPARATE CHECK AND STILL GENERATE INTO BATCHES FOR PAYMENT PROCESSING.
  • I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADP PROVIDE MY TRAINING TO UNDERSTAND THEIR REPORT STRUCTURE AND HOW TO TRULY USE THIR ADP COMPLIANCE FULLY. THEY HAVE PROVIDED 2017 SOARS TRAINING BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A MORE OF A ONE ON ONE COMPANY BASIS TRAINING.
  • ADP CAN HELP WHEN IT COME TO CLIENTS REACHING REPS IN A MORE TIMELY MANNER THE ACCT MANAGER USUALLY DOES GET BACK TO YOU BUT NOT ALWAYS THAT SOON.
I LOVE ADP; ALL COMPANIES HAVE ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENTS
Read Vanessa Anderson's full review
Leticia Alvarez, CPP profile photo
May 25, 2018

Review: "ADP SmartCompliance... I am so glad we switched!"

I am the only payroll person at our company. We switched to ADP SmartCompliance from OSV in Q1 of 2017. We use ADP for Payroll Tax and Wage Payments.
  • ADP SmartCompliance is great in that it provides all the reporting and info that you need in one spot and in an organized manner.
  • I like that ADP SmartCompliance allows you to upload agency notices and track the process of where it is at.
  • ADP allows the user to update tax rates an new states easily and quickly.
  • It would be great to have How To guides more easily accessible. (maybe within the sections that they pertain to). For example, a how-to guide on how to add a new state to the within the set up the screen.
  • I think that being able to download the quarterly tax filings that ADP filed on our behalf are missing. We do not know what was submitted directly to the agencies.
  • A built-in Quarter end / Year end checklist or workflow that is directly in ADP SC would be great. Currently, I reference a spreadsheet that is outside of ADP SC to ensure that I have checked the necessary reports and reconciled. If this could be a step by step task (with the due dates) within ADP SC and if you could mark it complete within the system instead of having to scan and fax the sign off sheet for the quarter... that would be great and would help keep me on track.
  • Reminders within ADP SC that would let me know when it was time to submit my Monthly file for Illinois would be great. I currently have a calendar reminder to remind me to send the monthly integration file.
ADP SmartCompliance is great at making sure that all the necessary information is where it needs to be.
Read Leticia Alvarez, CPP's full review
Dieter Gable profile photo
November 13, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Not using ADP means you enjoy having things be more difficult and wasting money....."

We are using ADP SmartCompliance for the research & development aspects of our operations and the associated tax credit programs. Prior to ADP's involvement we had not made use of those benefits. Now we are aware of the program and use ADP across the entire organization. As a result of our positive experience in this area we have expanded the use of ADP into other areas.
  • The process was well described and the interactions were well structured.
  • The focus was on making sure that there was efficient use of resources (including key personnel) as it related to gathering data and interviews.
  • Overall the results exceeded our expectations (and we set some reasonably high expectations).
  • No suggestions at this time (and we otherwise seem to always have suggestions)
We have recommended ADP SmartCompliance to other companies with complex operations and R&D activities. Clearly it is well suited for companies of a reasonable size in order to make use of the capabilities and outcomes.
Read Dieter Gable's full review
Jennifer Mrumlinski profile photo
October 17, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "WOTC is an Easy Program with a Big Financial Impact"

We currently use SmartCompliance to track garnishment services, WOTC, tax notices, review data for quarter and year end.
  • WOTC is easy to use, navigate and easy for our prospective employees to navigate. We can track our progress in ADP Smartcompliance.
  • Smartcompliance makes it easy to see what is occurring with our accounts.
  • Smartcompliance allows our company to see what we are responsible for financially.
  • The administration piece is easy but just another step in ADP's ever complicated setup for users.
WOTC is well suited for large companies with a high volume of applicants and onboarding. You can obtain tax credits for hiring individuals that fall within a certain category without knowing or doing much work!
Read Jennifer Mrumlinski's full review

Pay calculation (6)
Support for external payroll vendors (5)
Benefit plan administration (4)
Direct deposit files (9)
Salary revision and increment management (4)
Reimbursement management (3)

About ADP SmartCompliance

Compliance-as-a-Service solution that integrates with both ADP and non-ADP payroll, applicant tracking and other HR systems. It helps reduce the burden of and maintain compliance of processes such as employment tax, wage garnishment, paycards, tax credits, unemployment claims and employment verification.

It is a combination of integrated, enabling technology and service from compliance experts who manage many of the workforce compliance-related tasks required of employers while providing transparency throughout so you know what ADP is doing for you. The modular offering allows companies to enable the workforce compliance processes they need and then add and scale as their business or the regulatory environment changes.

ADP SmartCompliance Features

Has featureIntegrates with both ADP and non-ADP payroll/HR systems
Has featureModular architecture
Has featureCloud-based technology

ADP SmartCompliance Integrations

ADP SmartCompliance Competitors

OneSource Virtual, Equifax, Ceridian

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

Pricing varies based upon modules deployed and features enabled.

ADP SmartCompliance Support Options