ADP SmartCompliance is a tax and regulatory compliance platform for midsize or larger companies using an ERP or non-ADP platform for HR and HRMS services.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/LA/ek/9OFGG7V2RMT6.PNGDon't hesitate - Go with ADP SmartCompliance!ADP SMartCompliance is used by the Payroll Department to distribute and report our Tax filings, Tax payments, Wage Payments (both FSDD and Checks) and to distribute our garnishment payments. We are a small payroll department and process payroll in house using Workday, but prefer to outsource the tax filings, wage payments and garnishments. We previously used another partner for these tasks and were very dissatisfied with their services.,Workday,SmartCompliance captures all the payroll data in one location and makes it easy to access. SmartCompliance allows us to run reports when we need them. We can upload our periodic, quarterly and annual data and quickly extract reports to review for accuracy before the filing deadlines, which allows us to correct any issues without tax penalties, etc. SmartCompliance makes it so easy to generate tax amendments when needed. The system stores all the employee data and has a process that is very easy to update wages and/or taxes as needed for correction. The system quickly generates the amendment files and provides reports to review for processing with tax agencies. It used to take months to get an amendment processed with our previous partners. We can update tax rate changes, such as SUI rates, ourselves, as we received them without having to use a ticketing system that require monitoring for processing. We can quickly and easily update tax agency notices, which allows for very quick response time by ADP to any issues.,In the area of quarterly filings, it takes a bit of experience to understand all the reports generated and in which order we should review or use the reports. Laying them out in a organized way that we could quickly go down the list of priority would be very helpful. Occasionally, I need to add a comment to a tax notice that has been submitted and it seems to be locked for commenting. It would be helpful to be able to add information after a tax notice has been submitted.,10,We are able to keep our staff at a minimal level while still providing top notch payroll services. We can utilize an in-house payroll system while partnering with ADP for the tax payments/filings, wage and garnishment payments, and trust that ADP is on top of tax and other regulatory changes. We can get those occasional amendments processed very quickly to avoid further penalties and interest. The process is so simple with SmartCompliance as compared to years ago when you had to send file information and wait for it to be assigned, and then wait some more for it to be created.TRY ADP THEY ARE THE BEST AT PAYROLL PROCESSINGOur company just converted from Ultipro to implementing Kronos Workforce as our payroll processing software and we use ADP as our third-party provider for check distribution, garn and wage payments. ADP Smart Compliance is being used to avoid exceptions and provide accurate quarterly tax payments. ADP addressed our wage garn issue, for example, we acquired a new company and failed to set up garnishments for this new company and ADP was able to rectify the issue and add wage payment immediately and provided a lump sum check to the creditors; which keep us in payroll deduction compliance :),iCIMS,ADP PROVIDES A VERY WELL KNOWLEDGABLE STAFF TO ADDRESS ANY ISSUE YOU MAY ENCOUNTER ADP ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL AS A USER OF THEIR SERVICES AND ALWAYS OPEN TO LEARN WHAT THEY CAN DO BETTER ADP DEFINITELY WILL SEE ANY ISSUE THRU O THE END; GREAT FOLLOW UP SKILLS,I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADP ADDRESS DEALING DIRECTLY WITH THE COMPANY PREFERRENCES; AND NOT USE GENERAL GENERIC METHODS. WE KNOW ADP CAN PROGRAM TO YOUR COMPANY SPECIFIC NEEDS, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF CERTAIN ISSUES COULD BE USED ON A CUSTOMIZE BASIS. EXAMPLE RETRO PAY CALCULATOR PAID AS A SEPARATE CHECK AND STILL GENERATE INTO BATCHES FOR PAYMENT PROCESSING. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADP PROVIDE MY TRAINING TO UNDERSTAND THEIR REPORT STRUCTURE AND HOW TO TRULY USE THIR ADP COMPLIANCE FULLY. THEY HAVE PROVIDED 2017 SOARS TRAINING BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A MORE OF A ONE ON ONE COMPANY BASIS TRAINING. ADP CAN HELP WHEN IT COME TO CLIENTS REACHING REPS IN A MORE TIMELY MANNER THE ACCT MANAGER USUALLY DOES GET BACK TO YOU BUT NOT ALWAYS THAT SOON.,8,RUNNING QUERY TRYING TO SET UP RETRO BY THRU ADP CALCULATOR UNDERSTANDING MORE OF THE ADP SMART COMPLIANCE WEBSITEADP SmartCompliance... I am so glad we switched!I am the only payroll person at our company. We switched to ADP SmartCompliance from OSV in Q1 of 2017. We use ADP for Payroll Tax and Wage Payments.,None,ADP SmartCompliance is great in that it provides all the reporting and info that you need in one spot and in an organized manner. I like that ADP SmartCompliance allows you to upload agency notices and track the process of where it is at. ADP allows the user to update tax rates an new states easily and quickly.,It would be great to have How To guides more easily accessible. (maybe within the sections that they pertain to). For example, a how-to guide on how to add a new state to the within the set up the screen. I think that being able to download the quarterly tax filings that ADP filed on our behalf are missing. We do not know what was submitted directly to the agencies. A built-in Quarter end / Year end checklist or workflow that is directly in ADP SC would be great. Currently, I reference a spreadsheet that is outside of ADP SC to ensure that I have checked the necessary reports and reconciled. If this could be a step by step task (with the due dates) within ADP SC and if you could mark it complete within the system instead of having to scan and fax the sign off sheet for the quarter... that would be great and would help keep me on track. Reminders within ADP SC that would let me know when it was time to submit my Monthly file for Illinois would be great. I currently have a calendar reminder to remind me to send the monthly integration file.,10,ADP has helped me get a better understanding of the quarterly tax process and I have been able to increase my knowledge in the tax filing.WOTC is an Easy Program with a Big Financial ImpactWe currently use SmartCompliance to track garnishment services, WOTC, tax notices, review data for quarter and year end.,ADP-Vantage,WOTC is easy to use, navigate and easy for our prospective employees to navigate. We can track our progress in ADP Smartcompliance. Smartcompliance makes it easy to see what is occurring with our accounts. Smartcompliance allows our company to see what we are responsible for financially.,The administration piece is easy but just another step in ADP's ever complicated setup for users.,8,WOTC has provided half a million dollars in tax credits in the last couple of years. Although we could probably increase this number significantly with more buy in, we are still impressed and thankful for the easy participation.WOTC WonderWe use the ADP SmartCompliance system for our lower level employees within the restaurants. We submit information for the WOTC program. It streamlines the WOTC system and allows us to avoid filling out 8850 forms by hand.,None,Streamline the WOTC process,When you call in employee info for the WOTC program, the wait times are terrible. I'd like to see an app or web module version implemented.,8,It causes the managers involved in hiring to have to take tons of time out of their busy days to call in the employee info. It prevents possible user errors on the 8850 form.
ADP SmartCompliance

ADP SmartCompliance Reviews

ADP SmartCompliance
Top Rated Award
Filter 72 vetted ADP SmartCompliance reviews and ratings
September 26, 2018

Review: "Don't hesitate - Go with ADP SmartCompliance!"

• SmartCompliance captures all the payroll data in one location and makes it easy to access.
  • SmartCompliance allows us to run reports when we need them. We can upload our periodic, quarterly and annual data and quickly extract reports to review for accuracy before the filing deadlines, which allows us to correct any issues without tax penalties, etc.
  • SmartCompliance makes it so easy to generate tax amendments when needed. The system stores all the employee data and has a process that is very easy to update wages and/or taxes as needed for correction. The system quickly generates the amendment files and provides reports to review for processing with tax agencies. It used to take months to get an amendment processed with our previous partners.
  • We can update tax rate changes, such as SUI rates, ourselves, as we received them without having to use a ticketing system that require monitoring for processing. We can quickly and easily update tax agency notices, which allows for very quick response time by ADP to any issues.
  • In the area of quarterly filings, it takes a bit of experience to understand all the reports generated and in which order we should review or use the reports. Laying them out in a organized way that we could quickly go down the list of priority would be very helpful.
  • Occasionally, I need to add a comment to a tax notice that has been submitted and it seems to be locked for commenting. It would be helpful to be able to add information after a tax notice has been submitted.
I believe ADP SmartCompliance is well suited for any organization that has implemented an HRIS system, such as Workday, but do not want to fully be responsible for the tax filings. I also feel it is very well suited to organizations such as ours that have employees in almost all 50 states. This helps to keep our payroll department staff at a minimum knowing we can rely on the cooperation between the Workday and the ADP SmartCompliance system. I think the only way I would not think SmartCompliance would be helpful would be with a very small company that would prefer to fully outsource their payroll process.
Read Gina Dye's full review
June 05, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "TRY ADP THEY ARE THE BEST AT PAYROLL PROCESSING"

• ADP PROVIDES A VERY WELL KNOWLEDGABLE STAFF TO ADDRESS ANY ISSUE YOU MAY ENCOUNTER
  • ADP ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL AS A USER OF THEIR SERVICES AND ALWAYS OPEN TO LEARN WHAT THEY CAN DO BETTER
  • ADP DEFINITELY WILL SEE ANY ISSUE THRU O THE END; GREAT FOLLOW UP SKILLS
  • I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADP ADDRESS DEALING DIRECTLY WITH THE COMPANY PREFERRENCES; AND NOT USE GENERAL GENERIC METHODS. WE KNOW ADP CAN PROGRAM TO YOUR COMPANY SPECIFIC NEEDS, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF CERTAIN ISSUES COULD BE USED ON A CUSTOMIZE BASIS. EXAMPLE RETRO PAY CALCULATOR PAID AS A SEPARATE CHECK AND STILL GENERATE INTO BATCHES FOR PAYMENT PROCESSING.
  • I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADP PROVIDE MY TRAINING TO UNDERSTAND THEIR REPORT STRUCTURE AND HOW TO TRULY USE THIR ADP COMPLIANCE FULLY. THEY HAVE PROVIDED 2017 SOARS TRAINING BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A MORE OF A ONE ON ONE COMPANY BASIS TRAINING.
  • ADP CAN HELP WHEN IT COME TO CLIENTS REACHING REPS IN A MORE TIMELY MANNER THE ACCT MANAGER USUALLY DOES GET BACK TO YOU BUT NOT ALWAYS THAT SOON.
I LOVE ADP; ALL COMPANIES HAVE ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENTS
Read Vanessa Anderson's full review
May 25, 2018

Review: "ADP SmartCompliance... I am so glad we switched!"

• ADP SmartCompliance is great in that it provides all the reporting and info that you need in one spot and in an organized manner.
  • I like that ADP SmartCompliance allows you to upload agency notices and track the process of where it is at.
  • ADP allows the user to update tax rates an new states easily and quickly.
  • It would be great to have How To guides more easily accessible. (maybe within the sections that they pertain to). For example, a how-to guide on how to add a new state to the within the set up the screen.
  • I think that being able to download the quarterly tax filings that ADP filed on our behalf are missing. We do not know what was submitted directly to the agencies.
  • A built-in Quarter end / Year end checklist or workflow that is directly in ADP SC would be great. Currently, I reference a spreadsheet that is outside of ADP SC to ensure that I have checked the necessary reports and reconciled. If this could be a step by step task (with the due dates) within ADP SC and if you could mark it complete within the system instead of having to scan and fax the sign off sheet for the quarter... that would be great and would help keep me on track.
  • Reminders within ADP SC that would let me know when it was time to submit my Monthly file for Illinois would be great. I currently have a calendar reminder to remind me to send the monthly integration file.
ADP SmartCompliance is great at making sure that all the necessary information is where it needs to be.
Read Leticia Alvarez, CPP's full review
October 17, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "WOTC is an Easy Program with a Big Financial Impact"

• WOTC is easy to use, navigate and easy for our prospective employees to navigate. We can track our progress in ADP Smartcompliance.
  • Smartcompliance makes it easy to see what is occurring with our accounts.
  • Smartcompliance allows our company to see what we are responsible for financially.
  • The administration piece is easy but just another step in ADP's ever complicated setup for users.
WOTC is well suited for large companies with a high volume of applicants and onboarding. You can obtain tax credits for hiring individuals that fall within a certain category without knowing or doing much work!
Read Jennifer Mrumlinski's full review
September 28, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "WOTC Wonder"

• Streamline the WOTC process
  • When you call in employee info for the WOTC program, the wait times are terrible.
  • I'd like to see an app or web module version implemented.
It works well for the WOTC program in an industry that hires large amounts of blue-collar workers and needs a fast way to make sure that we get all the Tax credits that we need.
April 10, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "ADP - lessen your load"

ADP SmartCompliance is being used by two companies within our organization to file and pay payroll taxes. Payrolls are processed within the organization twice a week Wednesday for Friday pay dates and Thursday for Monday pay dates. ADP SmartCompliance is also used to submit quarterly filing. All the functions supplied by ADP SmartCompliance were done manually prior to using ADP.
  • Provides a Tax Summary
  • Timely filing and paying of taxes
  • Research of agency notices
  • Welcome any improvement.
  • Can't identify any missing functionality.
  • Have no suggestion on doing things different.
ADP SmartCompliance is well suited when it comes to providing a Tax Summary. The ADP 'SmartCompliance portal is user-friendly and lets you know if you need to work and tasks or are in great shape. It also has a good notice of notifications and lets you know when something needs to be resolved.
Read Hilda Marquez's full review
March 22, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Smart Compliance and Payroll Processing"

We are currently using SmartCompliance for Payroll functions only, but the possibility of moving Accounting items over in 2019. We rolled out with ADP product services in May 2016, beginning with Aline cards and Wage Payments and adding the Tax and Garnishment modules in June 2016. Using the Aline and Wage Payment services have allowed us to be on a 100% electronic payment model since August of 2016 - prior to that we were an approximate 60/40 mix of paper pay checks and direct deposits, requiring us to have manual checkbooks in each of our facility locations to cut payment for terminations or other immediate payment needs. Adding the Tax and Garnishment modules allowed us to reallocate headcount that went to manually entering and tracking all employee garnishments and tax liability invoices into other functional responsibilities.
  • SmartCompliance is exceptionally user friendly, it does not require a lot of technical skill or training to navigate and leverage the site.
  • ADP's client support staff is some of the best I've worked with over my career. They are generally very responsive and quick to identify and resolve client issues and concerns.
  • They have moved to a point where the majority of the client services offered are all on one unified site - rather than having to navigate to multiple sites to perform multiple functions
  • Some of the SmartCompliance modules (i.e. Aline) are fairly new, thus can be a little buggy in the initial usage. Items like historical data from the prior PAT system are slow to move over, meaning multiple log ins are still needed to access history
  • Customer Service support is great, but sometimes it can be difficult to get Technical Support involved to assist with things like troubleshooting data integration issues or site specifications to build/improve data flow.
SmartCompliance is extremely helpful for business tax filing and reporting - contracting with ADP has allowed us as an organization to focus energies on other functional areas instead of worrying about recruiting or retaining employees with strong tax backgrounds who can be ahead of the game on any compliance changes. ADP's team is always well informed and stays abreast of changes within the codes that might slip through the cracks with independent research. For smaller businesses with lower employee counts, the Aline pay cards or Garnishment maintenance might not be as necessary from a compliance or process improvement standpoint.
Read Melissa Carter's full review
April 13, 2018

User Review: "ADP SmartCompliance is a time saver!!"

We use ASP Smart compliance to handle all of our employment tax and W2 processing.
  • It handles the processing and reporting all of the employment taxes to the Federal; , state and local agencies.
  • Using ADP to process employment taxes and W2 processing together makes the Year End process uncomplicated.
  • Smart compliance also makes mapping jurisdictions very simple.
  • Once a jurisdiction is mapped it should be mapped across all payrolls.You have to repeat the process too many times.
  • If there are problems with smart compliance being down a notification to inform users that there is an issue via email.
  • The display of smart compliance is not easyto see most of the text is located at the bottom of the page which makes it hard to locate and view important information.
It well suited for employment tax and sending file transfers.
Read Ramona Fenner's full review
April 04, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "ADP Smart Compliance is a Smart Choice!"

We use ADP Smart Compliance to manage our tax filings and report on what we've submitted per our payroll processes in Workday. We also use it to manage our ACH deposits made to employees (wage payments).

We were an ADP Payroll client prior to moving over to just tax and wage payments in 2015, but the ADP Smart Compliance portal has improved greatly since our implementation on this platform in 2015. We have more reports and tools available than we did as an ADP Payroll client prior to 2015.

It allows us to report our taxes and balance to our current payroll system, and resolve issues with more accuracy than we may have before. It provides good overall tax reports that allow us to show management where we stand with certain tax issues.
  • ADP Smart Compliance provides real-time tools to see your tax deposits, filings, and amendment files.
  • ADP Smart Compliance allows different options of updating information (tax input, amendment files, integration (manual and automatic)
  • ADP Smart Compliance has user-friendly reporting tools.
  • It would be great if more options could be provided between Workday integration and ADP Smart Compliance (Amendment processing and tracking)
  • I would like to see ADP Smart Compliance with real-time communication between client and ADP - perhaps a chat feature, for questions that clients may have and need answered without calling or waiting on their representative.
  • ADP Smart Compliance could improve by merging the W2 PSS process into Smart Compliance so it can be handled on one site.
  • I would like to see our Case Management with our ADP Reps integrated into Smart Compliance
  • I would like to see a report for ADP Smart Compliance that pulls just the 941X returns filed (we have amendment reporting, but that can get cumbersome if going through an audit and just wanting to select all 941/941X returns filed for a period of time)
ADP Smart Compliance is a great resource and tool for ERP or HRIS customers using other systems, to get a true snapshot of their tax filing and responsibilities.
Read Melissa Cypher's full review
March 23, 2018

"ADP SmartCompliance is fast, easy, and accurate for payroll tax."

We use ADP SmartCompliance for Payroll Tax and Garnishments, and only by the payroll department. We did garnishments manually, and payroll tax utilized Master Tax prior to ADP. ADP is less work and more accurate than Master Tax.
  • Taxes are paid to the correct agency, on time.
  • Payroll Tax notices are less work and resolved timely.
  • Annual reconciliations are done with little or no effort.
  • The local tax for Jefferson County KY. School District should have it's own stand-alone code to better match our payroll system.
  • Some tax notices are mislabeled, a notice for Attalla, AL was labeled as Federal.
  • To resolve Quarter issues/errors the website makes you start from the beginning for each company, it should allow you to just keep working on the following issues without making you start from the beginning after each issue is resolved.
For a large company Payroll Tax is much easier with SmartCompliance. Once the set up is done then everything can be uploaded to the website, and everything is on autopilot after that. Our garnishment team has some trouble with the system, but I don't do garnishments so I don't know why or what the problem is.
Read Mitch Norby's full review
March 23, 2018

User Review: "ADP SmartCompliance - 100% Awesome"

ADP SmartCompliance is being used by the human resources department at SAGU. We are using this company for our employer taxes. We were paying our taxes ourselves and filing everything that needed to be filed out of our office on campus.
  • ADP SmartCompliance takes care of their clients. They are always reaching out to us to see if we need to discuss anything and making sure that we do not have unanswered issues.
  • If an email or phone message is sent to ADP, they are very quick to respond and get with us. They definitely want their clients satisfied.
  • What I use ADP for is working perfectly for me. I complete my processes and send them on to ADP and they do the rest. I have no items to add to an improvement list at this time.
ADP is very well suited for our company. We are not tiny but we are not large and ADP has a select group that works with us. We know our people's names and we know who we would call specifically for a question or issue to be resolved.
Read Angie Almand's full review
March 22, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "SmartCompliance makes my life easier"

SmartCompliance is used solely by the finance department. We converted to SmartCompliance in 2014 and use it for tax filings, quarterly/yearly reporting, and W2s. We used to use the ADP full-service product for 20+ years. We went out to bid on an integrated HR/Payroll software. SmartCompliance has been a good solid reliable product for VSAC.
  • Ease of upload - It is very easy to upload tax files in SmartCompliance.
  • Reporting - The reporting is robust for either periodic or quarterly reporting as well as year end.
  • Exception resolution - I receive an email if there is an exception that would prevent tax filings.
  • I would like to be able to upload wage payments into SmartCompliance. One stop shopping.
  • Ability to reset a user's password.
  • I would like to see more instruction on how to set up a jurisdiction. I found setting up a new state to be confusing and it did not set up the jurisdiction correctly. I needed my account manager to walk me through.
SmartCompliance is a solid and reliable product. We have less than 200 employees and the pricing is appropriate and the customer service is great. We use a non-ADP HR/Payroll system and it would be nice to have our wage payments and tax filing integrated with our HRIS software.
Read Michelle Gagnon's full review
April 15, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Getting Smart with SmartCompliance"

The Payroll Department uses SmartCompliance to validate garnishments, taxes, wage payments. This is an easy access all inclusive site for the organization.
  • Direct Deposit
  • Taxes
  • Garnishments
  • Year-end communications
Our new garnishments module is wonderful.
Read Michelle Shepperd's full review
April 13, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Smart Compliance Fits the Bill"

We use Workday for payroll processing and Smart Compliance for tax filing, W-2's and wage payment. Prior to Workday we were using ADP PCPW. Choosing ADP meant we continued with a proven track record for compliance. They also offered the best pricing. The bad always in part of Smart Compliance has been a constant turnover of service representatives, not always a smooth transition, and not always knowledgeable or helpful representatives. They are hit and miss. The site also has some glitches. My notifications icon doesn't show, it's there you just can't see it. I reported it to no avail. Also, the site isn't always intuitive.
  • Timely wage payments
  • Timely tax filing
  • Accurate W-2's
  • Knowledgable service reps and less transition
  • Glitch free system
Integrates well with Workday
Read Janet Maples's full review
April 06, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance: "Employment Tax Review"

We use ADP for employment taxes in the Human Resources Office. We were handling the paying of employment taxes in house prior to going with ADP.
  • The SmartComplaince website is user-friendly. I don't access it every day but when I do go in I can find what I need quickly.
  • Our university hires adjunct instructors in multiple states. I originally choose ADP over another option I was considering because at that time ADP would complete the registration in a new state for state income taxes. I now have to complete that registration myself.
Read Ruth Roberts, PHR's full review
April 05, 2018

"ADP SmartCompliance Review"

ADP SmartCompliance is used by the Payroll Director to confirm our Tax deposits with ADP and review our Quarterly Reports. It is also used to process any Amendments. when necessary. It is extremely useful in setting up new tax Jurisdictions and checking our Tax deposits and processing our monthly and quarterly reports.
  • Amendments. These can be processed directly with SmartCompliance
  • Tax Reporting. We are able to receive copies of our Quarterly and annual reports on demand.
  • Tax Resources. Links to other ADP Resources.
  • Improved downloading to Excel
ADP SmartCompliance is well suited for Tax Input and amendments. It also has other functionality that we are not currently using, such as Wage Garnishments. It also has the ability to set up different users with Custom permissions. This is extremely helpful when you have different users but do not want all users to have the same access rights.
Read Carl Walton's full review
April 04, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Easy to use."

We use it for Garnishment Files, Stopping payments, and Withholding Taxes. It is being used by the payroll department. I see no problems because it can be used by all that we have set up. We used a fax machine prior to this, and now we have immediate verification when an item is voided. I have access to garnishments when they come in from other areas.
  • Void checks & deposits
  • New garnishment uploaded
  • Transfer files between ADP & SAP.
  • Items not processed - i have to go looking for them. Maybe a download report with those items.
I like that I can create access easily for a colleague.
Read Patti Maher's full review
April 03, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "ADP Tracker"

ADP SmartCompliance is used to process our withholding taxes, garnishments, and Aline debit cards. It is used across our entire organization. It processes the payments on our behalf for withholding tax and garnishments. The Aline card allows a direct deposit for employees that do not have a banking relationship. Taxes were processed in-house prior to ADP SmartCompliance.
  • Reporting is done particularly well. Reports are always easy to read and understand.
  • Aline debit cards are easy to order on behalf of employees. If there is every a question, customer service actually solves the problem.
  • The tax summary report was just eliminated. I miss it. Now I have to run a report. That takes more of my time.
  • If anything is just a bit different than the norm, the system does not know how to handle. There needs to be more flexibility.
ADP SmartCompliance is best suited for scenarios that are always the same.
Read Chris Bellian's full review
March 23, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Half Happy"

ADP SmartCompliance is being used by the Payroll Department. It is utilized to deal with payroll taxes, garnishments, withholding and the submitting of returns and funds to all the various taxing entities. Prior to using SmartCompliance, we used ADP WorkforceNow.
  • Generally payroll is submitted and SmartCompliance does the rest.
  • Not filing with tax agencies on a timely basis. I currently have two federal and two state delinquent notices for not filing tax returns on time. The funds have been submitted, but the returns have not be filed causing penalties and interest. I have one federal notice where the funds were not submitted on time causing a penalty. I have requested a call with SmartCompliance, and have not received a call.
Well suited to get timely pay to our employees, less flawless on reporting to outside agencies.
Read Lisa Johnson's full review
March 23, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Pay Stubs are the best!!"

All employees are using Smart Compliance to receive their pay stubs.
Prior to this we were sending all paystubs out in the mail costing lots of extra money for the time and postage.
  • They are helpful getting things implemented.
  • They are available when there are problems with the getting the data uploaded.
  • It is easy to use for employees to get their stubs.
  • When we have issues with invoicing, the response time on getting answers is not the best.
I think for large employers this works good for employees throughout the country to be able to view their stubs because most do not make it home each week to view.
Read Nikki Johnson's full review
March 22, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "ADP Smart Compliance can work for you!"

ADP is our payroll provider and manages our Print, Tax and Garnishment files.
  • Tax compliance
  • Garnishments
  • Wage Payments
  • I can't think of any right now
ADP SmartCompliance manages all three of our categories well. You sign in and can go from one thing to another. Easy to manage. Easy to use.
Read Martha Watson's full review
April 04, 2018

Review: "ADP SmartCompliance - Great, useful, & intuitive product!"

We use ADP for Tax Filing, and with the usage of SmartCompliance, it is necessary. Currently, the department/function I manage is using it. It addresses problems associated with not knowing what the status of filings are, issues with file integrations, and agency notices. It also allows for easy amendments, updates to jurisdictions, and unemployment. Prior to using SmartCompliance, everything was done manually, with major delays in getting information from agencies directly, filing amendments manually (Yuck!) and or waiting for representatives to help with inquiries. Everything really is at your fingertips.
  • Provides information in an easy to navigate dashboard. With upfront notifications of "To Do Tasks"
  • Allows for easy uploads of agency notices with updates, and notifications if you need to do something.
  • Allows for easy uploads of files, in the event of amendments.
  • Allows for online exception resolution for the quarter and periodic files.
  • More flexibility with state jurisdiction set up-sometimes all of the information is not readily available
Well suited for small to large organizations with multiple jurisdiction filing requirements. I think it could be appropriate for
all business types and sizes.
March 23, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "More control!"

We use it for our payroll tax for all of our companies.
  • It handles quarter and year end review well. Good reports.
  • Great periodic reporting for each pay period.
  • The company profile report is helpful. A lot of information at your fingertips.
  • Helpful support documents in case you want more training.
  • Amendments area is still not as good as it could be. Hard to navigate. Some reports hang out in your inbox for too long even though you have resolved. Then, pulling reports of finished amendments is cumbersome. We have blank files because a zero file shows for any companies that did not have an amendment.
  • SUI rate changes are very hard to manage. Not a good report to show what only has been changed, so we can assure to change on our side too. Instead, you have a PDF report that just lists them all and you have to reconcile them all.
ADP does a great job. Rep is great. Always a back up rep when you need them. They make all the changes and file the returns as needed.
March 22, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "Great tool, could use some streamlining of reports"

We use Smartcompliance to view our tax notices that are submitted to ADP for research. We also use it to view our filings, submit amendments, fix data that is incorrect, view our Company profile, etc. Basically, anything you can use it for that is tax related, we use it.
  • Runs smoothly
  • Provides detailed information
  • Have to run reports that should be available.
  • Too many "versions" of reports available. Just want the final quarterly or annual filings, etc.
  • Can be confusing at times. Where to I go to run this or that. Terminology is weird.
It's a great tool but could use some improvement. Too many places to go to find what you are looking for. Could be made simpler and more straightforward. Have to run reports that should already be saved for you to view or download when needed.
March 22, 2018

ADP SmartCompliance Review: "The good, the bad, the ugly."

We are a small company and use SmartCompliance to manage our tax payment process and garnishment process. We use SmartCompliance reporting for reconciliations, audits, and general research. We also rely on it to obtain copies of our tax filings.
  • detailed information
  • easy to make adjustments
  • rely on it and ADP to ensure taxes are filed timely and accurately
  • Reporting is sometimes frustrating. Would love to see more of an ad-hoc option to create my own reports
  • On the garnishment side, I would like to see any manual garnishment check data be visible so that one can be assured a payment was made (there is no visibility for manually requested garnishment checks).
Difficult to answer. SmartCompliance is definitely well suited to all things taxes. I have had a lot of issues on the Garnishment side and it seems primary that in the back end processing it is not well organized and short staffed.

About ADP SmartCompliance

Compliance-as-a-Service solution that integrates with both ADP and non-ADP payroll, applicant tracking and other HR systems. It helps reduce the burden of and maintain compliance of processes such as employment tax, wage garnishment, paycards, tax credits, unemployment claims and employment verification.

It is a combination of integrated, enabling technology and service from compliance experts who manage many of the workforce compliance-related tasks required of employers while providing transparency throughout so you know what ADP is doing for you. The modular offering allows companies to enable the workforce compliance processes they need and then add and scale as their business or the regulatory environment changes.

ADP SmartCompliance Features

Has featureIntegrates with both ADP and non-ADP payroll/HR systems
Has featureModular architecture
Has featureCloud-based technology

ADP SmartCompliance Integrations

ADP SmartCompliance Competitors

OneSource Virtual, Equifax, Ceridian

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

Pricing varies based upon modules deployed and features enabled.

ADP SmartCompliance Support Options