Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
The engineering department uses Amazon EC2 to host all the servers we run our applications on. EC2 is a fantastic product because it is very cost effective and easy to use. If you need to quickly provision a new server, you can use the admin console to create whatever you need, from very small simple setups to extremely large, complex systems.
- Very cost effective
- Easily scalable. Can increase or decrease servers in minutes.
- Very easy to use. Amazing admin console giving you full control of your servers.
- You have the option to do 1 or 3 year reserved instances, but nothing in between.
- AWS CLI (command line interface) can be tricky to learn and use.
- There are a very large amount of services and configuration options, it's sometimes hard to keep track and understand them all.
- Cost savings on cheap options for server hosting.
- Save time by making it very easy to setup and manage servers.
- Amazon EC2 is trusted and provides great security options. Safe and secure platform is a must have for enterprise software customers.
- Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes, Docker and Rackspace Cloud Hosting
Amazon EC2 is the best cloud solution on the market. It has very competitive prices and an incredible number of services available for use. The billing is very efficient and details. EC2 is a great option for individuals, small groups, and large companies. As the needs of change, requiring up-scaling OR down-scaling, EC2 allows you to adjust your setup seamlessly.
There are so many different tutorials and documentation available online on how to use EC2. In addition, it is so widely used that most developers have experience using the various Amazon services. Amazon also provides paid services where they offer support for whatever your specific needs may be. The admin console is also very details and has a great user interface, making it easy to figure things out on your own.
Do you think Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)'s feature set?
Did Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) go as expected?
Would you buy Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) again?
I would recommend using amazon EC2 in any scenario where a company or individual needs to run a server. Because of the ease of use and configuration, there is hardly a reason to buy and manage your own hardware. Anything from a very simple website to a complex application with hundreds of servers can be setup using EC2.