Amazon RedShift is great if you have multiple data channel sourceshttps://www.trustradius.com/data-warehouseAmazon RedshiftUnspecified8.41311012019-07-09T16:07:43.017Z
July 09, 2019
Amazon RedShift is great if you have multiple data channel sources
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Redshift
Amazon RedShift is used in all departments and accounts. This tool is newly integrated into the system so as to work with the data on the cloud. There are various projects which are moving from SQL servers to ARS because of its capacity of working and managing the data in the cloud.
- We can connect with multiple servers and can fetch the data easily from one server to other.
- It supports the syntax of the bots of the SQL servers, MS SQL and Oracle SQl. This makes it pretty handy to use.
- Here we use views instead of tables, so we can clearly see the flow of data.
- It works very slow in the cloud environment.
- No statistical inbuilt functions are available within the tool.
- Its user interface is not very attractive.
- Often it goes into deadlock state, which kills the running jobs.
- As of now, there are no results on the ROI, as we have just deployed this tool about a year ago. But this is a good tool to use as it is the advanced version of the data reporting platform.
- With the help of Amazon RedShift, we can properly use our server spaces which in result gives a proper ROI as with the limited storage capacity we can store enough data.
- It tends to work very slow, so it reduces the efficiency of the employees who are using it. Hence this is the major challenge with the employees.
Overall it serves all our aspects of data management like data cleaning, data manipulation, and data reporting on the cloud platform. We can create stored procedures and triggers in it very easily as all the options are self suggested in it. We can easily attach the results of ARS to the other tools as well for drawing the statistical results.
Amazon Redshift is well suited for fetching data from multiple different sources and servers, and it is very easy to learn how to use this tool. It is less appropriate for situations where you may need to process only limited rows, as this takes a large amount of time since you cannot create multiple tables in it.