Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Web Services
I am an independent consultant. As such, I provide software solutions and consulting services to customers with different needs. AWS gives me the tools to cover much of their needs, so it is for me a key tool in the performance of my activities, specifically as application server, databases and files through IaaS go.
- Performance, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) allows you to host your resources without worrying about high consumption peaks.
- Easy to use. The learning curve for its main functions is relatively easy and well documented.
- Price. The price is very competitive in the market.
- Variety of tools at your disposal.
- Account management. If you manage many accounts AWS, management can become somewhat disorganized, as AWS does not offer many tools for internal control.
- It has many tools at your disposal, but you may not know them all. They could see how to promote and introduce the tools that you use less to display its advantages.
- It could extend free trial accounts indefinitely in exchange for advertising or something like that. Some users complain when the free trial ends and charge them without notice.
- We are a small company. AWS has had no negative impact at all.
- AWS gives you the option to start using the service for a free account, which always starts to develop, so the investment is zero.
- Customers are very satisfied with their performance. That's a good tangible.
It all depends on the restrictions of your customers. If the customer gives you carte blanche to manage hosting resources, AWS is an excellent alternative for almost any scenario. If on the other hand the customer has its own infrastructure they want to use, AWS is probably not the best alternative. Given the approach that we use IaaS, AWS covers 100% of our needs, and we do not have the budget or resources to maintain physical servers.
Amazon Web Services Feature Ratings
Using Amazon Web Services
Easy to use/learning curve. If you are new to the use of cloud storage, AWS is your entry point. If you have experience in that field, AWS is the way to go.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using