July 27, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
- Marketing Analytics Dashboard
- Fraud Protection
Overall Satisfaction with AppsFlyer
AppsFlyer is being primarily used as a data aggregation and attribution tool for the different acquisition channels and platforms. In its entirety, it is being used by the user acquisition and retention teams. Some of the functionalities that are helpful are Protect360 and OneLink. It addresses the business problem of attributing acquired users to the right channels, giving a clear picture of how the user acquisition funnel works.
- Real-time data analysis and attribution, along with insightful graphs
- Fraud protection - P360 has helped us save millions of rupees in payouts
- Mobile tracking using deep links - creation of deep links is a very easy process and helps us in measuring the impact of a variety of campaigns separately
- Marketing teams slice data in different ways - be in on the date of user acquisition, on the date of certain in-app events, or just certain time-bound data points. I feel it's difficult to use the front end to slice data in different ways if it does not get covered in the existing dashboards. If it's possible to add custom filters to generate the reports and charts, that will solve a lot of issues for the marketing teams and reduce their reliance on analytics teams to query the data
- The postbacks that AppsFlyer generates for advertising platforms, especially for Google UAC, are with a delay of a few hours which causes a hindrance in scaling up marketing campaigns. I am not sure if this is intrinsic to the product but if this can be resolved it could be great.
- OneLinks on Google keep getting disapproved, due to the fact that they re-direct users. If the AppsFlyer team can work with the Google team to get these OneLinks whitelisted on Google platforms, that can be helpful.
- P360 tool has helped us save money in terms of payouts for fraud installs to affiliates
- Real time data attribution gives us insights in terms of marketing efficiencies and inefficiencies and helps us utilize our budgets better
None. I haven't explored other mobile attribution platforms yet.
AppsFlyer is best suited for data attribution and the use of its Protect360 feature. It is less suited for creating a feedback loop with postbacks as they occur with a delay of a few hours.