Great system for efficiency
Updated January 24, 2014
Great system for efficiency
Score 7 out of 10
- ATS, Onboarding, HRIS
Ascentis was used for recruiting, employee records, payroll and timekeeping. It was used on the administrator side by human resources and payroll. The users of the system ranged from applicants, both internal and external, employees for timekeeping and payroll and managers for all portions. This system was put into place in order to sync human resources and payroll functions for a more streamlined process for all. It was very beneficial by having one location to store all necessary data in these areas.
- Creating synergy amongst departments
- Applicant Tracking system was very robust
- Customer support was quick to respond and easy to reach even after implementation
- Data flowed well from module to module
- Many opportunities for adding to the product after implementation
- Changes made to system were done so in a timely manner
- Applicant tracking module could use the ability to "mass print" resumes and applications
- HRIS portion has small windows and text boxes that can tend to cut of text
- More ability to track leaves
- Better efficiency in the recruitment processes
- Time saved on data entry due to process flows
- Ease of use makes for painless training of staff
- Single sign on feature is AMAZING
As compared to other systems I have used, Ascentis definitely had the simplest implementation and best support. I think the visual appeal could use some work but the functionality is there and ultimately that is more important. This system removes much data redundancy that allows for a lot of time saved.
If I were given the opportunity to select a new system, Ascentis would definitely be a strong contender. It links together the functions much more seamlessly than other systems I have used. By far the best part though is the customer support after implementation, this is where many companies fail. It was very appreciated that even after every module went live the service level was still high.
Works well with defined and clear process flows. This product would be well suited to a company of less than 1000 employees. Works well when departments are closely integrated and already have a strong working relationship. Has the ability to do many things paperlessly, and works well for organizations that are looking to shift away from paperwork.
1200 - Payroll and HR were the primary users however the entire agency used the timekeeping system.
4 - Human Resources Generalist and Human Resources Manager supported the HRIS side. Recruiter supported the applicant tracking system. Payroll supervisor supported the payroll side. All were experienced in their respective areas.
- Forwarding resumes
- Entering work time
- Paying employees
- Requesting time off
- Elimitation of routing paper for signature
- Empowering employees to take more control over their information
- Saving time
I never had any issues getting my problems resolved, making changes or getting training. I really liked that for the rectruiting function I had the same implementation person as the person who provided the support after going live. This allowed for greater efficiency since I did not have to re-explain anything the a new person. They are very responsive and always got back to me in a timely manner.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - Yes, any time there was an issue it was resolved very quickly. The support team really seems to take pride in their product.
I had to take over the product after another staff member had already been introduced to the system. Even though they were having to retrain me, it never seemed like they were bothered by it. I was easily able to get up to speed and launch the system by the target date.