Ascentis has helped us help ourselves!
December 02, 2020
Ascentis has helped us help ourselves!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ascentis
We use Ascentis as our HRIS, Payroll and Timekeeping systems across the whole organization. We manage 20 locations in total. We do our business a little differently. Most of the locations are one EIN but operate completely autonomous from one another - using their own payroll database, timekeeping database and HR database, running their own payroll each pay period. Ascentis is able to handle that efficiently and effectively for us.
- Easy to use software. I have had several new HR employees comment on how easy the system is to learn!
- Problem Solving- Ascentis is always problem solving! When we were in the process of selecting a new payroll company, we needed unemployment claims management assistance for our locations, something Ascentis did not currently offer. The sales rep went out of his way to find a unemployment claims management company that would work with Ascentis and us. That company has helped us keep an 80% win rate for our claims!
- User conference- Engage is an awesome way to learn more about the products Ascentis has available as well and meet up with the staff you work with every day!
- Web access- while web access is great for companies that have one parent location and many sub-locations, or for my HR staff that only has access to one location, but for me, as a manager of all locations, using the web just isn't useful. I have to log in to each location separately, which I can use the old java version to access them all at once. I can't wait for the web version to be used with one logon!
- HR system- multiple locations. I have to run reports one location at a time when I need them. The ability to pull a report or even copy a report into all HR databases would be helpful. Currently, I have to create the report in all databases when I need it.
- Support- the past year or so I've noticed longer than normal hold times to get ahold of support. It's frustrating because when I'm able to make a call to support in the afternoon hours of pacific time, I'm on hold for 20-30 minutes sometimes. There needs to be more support reps on for calls until 5pm pacific time.
- Ascentis gives us the ability to manage our payroll and HR processes on our own without having to contact them for every little thing. Resources, training and the ease of use make this possible. Previously, we would have to submit every change in deduction, direct deposit, etc to our payroll vendor for them to enter into the system. The amount of time and errors that came of that was astonishing.
I would give Ascentis a 10 if there haven't been issues with long hold times for support. Otherwise, if there are issues that can't be resolved, there is no limit to who, at Ascentis, will step in and it's comforting to know that the whole company of Ascentis is supporting us as their client.
Do you think Ascentis (discontinued) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Ascentis (discontinued)'s feature set?
Did Ascentis (discontinued) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Ascentis (discontinued) go as expected?
Would you buy Ascentis (discontinued) again?
I love the ability to do whatever I need to get done within the system when I need to. It's very user-friendly and the resources available are helpful as well. I've been approached endlessly by Paycom over the 5 years but I keep telling them that we are super happy with Ascentis and don't anticipate making any changes for the foreseeable future.
I love how small, yet big, Ascentis is. It's not an ADP where I'm just a number. I'm able to do a lot to our system when needed and don't need to wait on support to make the change. On the other hand, when I need help, there's a human on the other end of the phone that can help me with whatever I need help with.