Auvik FTW for MSPs!
September 08, 2022
Auvik FTW for MSPs!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Auvik
We are a Managed IT Services Provider (MSP) providing fully managed IT services to small and medium-sized businesses. We utilize Auvik for proactive network monitoring, alerting, and issue remediation at all of our client sites. We also leverage Auvik's integrations with our Ticketing and Documentation systems to efficiently document and inventory customer network infrastructure and devices.
- Network Monitoring and Alerting.
- Integrates with common MSP tools (PSA, Documentation, Alerting, etc).
- MSP-focused team and product.
- Autotask PSA integration needs some work at the present moment.
- It would be great if we could customize Device Types or better map Auvik's device types to Configuration Item Types in PSA.
- Deeper integrations with the rest of the MSP toolset (an API integration with UniFi, for instance).
- Lower MTTR.
- Higher efficiency of network troubleshooting.
- Increased sales and margins (for our non-fully managed clients that purchase on an as-needed basis).
- Less time spent on repetitive network management tasks.
- More efficient and automated network device documentation.
Auvik is very quick and easy to implement compared with common network management products on the market. We were able to start receiving value from the product within 48hrs.
Auvik helps us with network mapping and visibility quite a bit. As long as SNMP, SSH, WMI, and any other necessary discovery protocols are properly enabled on network devices (and configured in Auvik), the platform tends to produce reliable network maps. This being said, network topology mapping, in general, is very difficult to achieve without errors or discrepancies. Regarding network mapping, specifically, YMMV depends on your environment and equipment stack.
Auvik is a superior tool for MSPs due to its multi-tenant capability, speed of deployment for new customers, and integrations with the current common MSP tools stack. Intermapper is a very powerful and expensive application, so not directly applicable, but Auvik still has many similar features and is incredibly powerful.
Do you think Auvik delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Auvik's feature set?
Did Auvik live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Auvik go as expected?
Would you buy Auvik again?
Auvik is a fantastic product for MSPs looking to more effectively and efficiently monitor and manage their clients' network infrastructure. It is a great fit for MSPs serving SMBs. It is a less good fit for very small IT Support companies, clients with fewer than five network devices, or very large enterprises looking for an in-house network management solution.