https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/EN/nF/TP58HVP670CM.JPEGBest live map systems monitor software on the marketIntermapper is my main systems monitor software. I use different software to monitor SIEM, AD and that sort of thing. But Intermapper is what lets me know what's up and what's down with a wonderful live network map. When we get a helpdesk ticket for a network related problem, a simple glance at the Intermapper map lets me know if the issue is isolated or company wide.,The best thing about Intermapper is that it is map-based. You start by building your map, which is done completely automatically. I've used many different monitoring software packages, Solarwinds, Nagios, Opmanager, and it is a royal PITA to create live maps with those. Another great feature is that it shows you, visually, the bandwidth utilization of your network by using "ants" and color codes. Incredibly useful. Alarms are very easy to setup, again much easier than the packages mentioned above.,Room for improvement would be better "shortcuts", they have some great setup shortcuts in some sections, but none at all in others, for some reason. Intermapper does not print out very well. What would be awesome is if you could export the map in Visio format. Cleaning up after map discovery can be tedious. For example when it finds a switch, it maps out every individual switch port. It can be time consuming to getting the map just as you want it. Good news, you only have to do this once.,10,I have a great big monitor sitting outside my office. Anybody can walk by and at a glance, see that everything is running. Sometimes it's hard to get visibility to the IT department, this is a great way to do it. When the Boss walks by and sees all the green systems and the complexity of it all, you get less heat from being "overhead" and a mystery as to what IT does. At a glance I can see what network segments are getting stress, how all the UPS systems are performing and if any servers are getting over utilized.,SolarWinds IPAM, Nagios and ManageEngine OpManager,EventLog Analyzer, Tenable Unified SecurityIntermapper: A great Monitoring ToolWe use Intermapper in our IT department to monitor our connections to our plants. We display them on TVs and they let us know that our plants are up, down, or running slow. It helps us get ahead of any issues before our plants call us. We can be proactive vs. reactive.,Intermapper is easy to install and get working quickly. It gives us a real time look at our network across the board. We can be alerted immediately if a site is having issues.,I don't have many complaints with Intermapper. It's a pretty simple tool for what we use it for, and it has worked well for us.,10,Downtime costs money. Every minute we can get ahead of an outage is time that a plant is not sitting there waiting. We don't need to wait for a call from a plant, we know they are down immediately and we can begin troubleshooting.,,ManageEngine OpManagerIntermapper works, and works well, but isn't for everyoneMonitoring systems managed by SOJC IT Operations. Websites, file servers, various printers and network hardware. It primarily acts as a notification system if a service or system goes down. As a largely 24/7 operation, without an actual Ops desk, this needs to be automated notifications when things go down, so I, or my backup, can get things back up.,Provides some out of the box Apple centric probes. Provides a relatively user friendly GUI,Missing the ability, still, after years of asking, for dynamic probe names in a map. I should be able to look at a map, and see "system is down for X minutes" without clicking on the device to get it's status. Free option for an offsite monitor to let you know if your main monitoring system is down. There used to be a 5-for-free license, but that doesn't seem to exist anymore.,7,Unsure. I've never bothered to really do an ROI on something like Intermapper. It's a must to have device/service monitoring, so regardless of its ROI, it would still be something I'd need to have.,Nagios and Zabbix,Splunk Enterprise, Acronis Files ConnectIntermapper is a must have for Network MonitoringAs the network administrator for Anchorage Water & Wastewater utility, I use Intermapper on a daily basis. Several other techs in our IT department use it as well. I monitor 150 routers and switches as well as servers, access points,UPSs, SCADA PLCs and just about anything else you can think of with an IP address. I look at it when I first come in in the morning, as a quick and dirty view of the network, to see if anything is down. I have about 18 maps that I've built and I can use the double-click action to log into any of the devices on any map. This makes managing everything very easy and convenient.,Monitors devices via SNMP. Allows logging into devices via helper apps, making management very easy. You can monitor Microsoft Windows Services with Intermapper. You can set up alerting for when devices are down. The alerting can be an e-mail or text, or an audible alarm. Does trending or charting of network links so you can see network utilization over time.,Sometimes when you set up connectivity between devices, the links will disappear or change. Sometimes the display gets wonky. Sometimes charts seem to disappear.,10,We've experienced much better network visibility. We've experienced quicker problem resolution. We've used the trending feature to justify more bandwidth to various sites.,WhatsUp Gold and SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor,SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager, Microsoft System Center Configuration ManagerIntermapper - Know What's Going On!We use Intermapper to monitor all of our servers and our network infrastructure. We use this specifically in the IT department and it allows us to be proactive instead of reactive.,Provides SNMP and WMI probe data. Alerts us in advance of issues. Allows us to customize notifications for different groups of individuals in the district.,Setting up probes in bulk can be difficult, so it can take a long time to get the system set up correctly to start. Sometimes the probes can be sensitive and report false positives. Interface can be a little clunky and non intuitive at times.,8,Very positive impact for us because we are the ones who know if there is an issue before an end-user. The alerts have allowed us to know about failing batteries, low disk space, low memory, etc. before anyone feels the impact. The view of our entire network has allow us to better plan projects and understand where everything is within our environment.,
Windows, Linux, Mac
Intermapper

Intermapper Reviews

Intermapper
Filter 8 vetted Intermapper reviews and ratings
Jim Cobb profile photo
January 12, 2018

Intermapper Review: "Best live map systems monitor software on the market"

• The best thing about Intermapper is that it is map-based. You start by building your map, which is done completely automatically. I've used many different monitoring software packages, Solarwinds, Nagios, OpManager, and it is a royal PITA to create live maps with those.
  • Another great feature is that it shows you, visually, the bandwidth utilization of your network by using "ants" and color codes. Incredibly useful.
  • Alarms are very easy to setup, again much easier than the packages mentioned above.
  • Room for improvement would be better "shortcuts", they have some great setup shortcuts in some sections, but none at all in others, for some reason.
  • Intermapper does not print out very well. What would be awesome is if you could export the map in Visio format.
  • Cleaning up after map discovery can be tedious. For example when it finds a switch, it maps out every individual switch port. It can be time consuming to getting the map just as you want it. Good news, you only have to do this once.
If you've never mapped your network out before, download a demo of Intermapper and let it run. Your jaw will drop as your network grows before your eyes. If you have your network already mapped, you still would like InterMapper because it will find stuff you did not even know you have. If I were a network consultant, the first thing I would do when I hit a client's site is to start a scan with Intermapper. You will very quickly learn what the topography is.
Read Jim Cobb's full review
Dan Pelton profile photo
January 12, 2018

User Review: "Intermapper: A great Monitoring Tool"

• Intermapper is easy to install and get working quickly.
  • It gives us a real time look at our network across the board.
  • We can be alerted immediately if a site is having issues.
  • I don't have many complaints with Intermapper. It's a pretty simple tool for what we use it for, and it has worked well for us.
Intermapper is great for getting us ahead of an issue. I can see when a plant is up, down, running slow, etc. We get a nice look at the main connection to our sites, as well as backup circuits all displayed at our NOC. Very easy to use and easy to work with.
Read Dan Pelton's full review
Ryan Stasel profile photo
January 12, 2018

Review: "Intermapper works, and works well, but isn't for everyone"

• Provides some out of the box Apple centric probes.
  • Provides a relatively user friendly GUI
  • Missing the ability, still, after years of asking, for dynamic probe names in a map. I should be able to look at a map, and see "system is down for X minutes" without clicking on the device to get it's status.
  • Free option for an offsite monitor to let you know if your main monitoring system is down. There used to be a 5-for-free license, but that doesn't seem to exist anymore.
For those more comfortable with a GUI, or need Apple specific probes, it's great. For those that are on a limited budget, or are more familiar with a command line, I'd probably recommend a free option like Nagios, etc.
Read Ryan Stasel's full review
Geoff Benedetti profile photo
January 11, 2018

Review: "Intermapper is a must have for Network Monitoring"

• Monitors devices via SNMP.
  • Allows logging into devices via helper apps, making management very easy.
  • You can monitor Microsoft Windows Services with Intermapper.
  • You can set up alerting for when devices are down. The alerting can be an e-mail or text, or an audible alarm.
  • Does trending or charting of network links so you can see network utilization over time.
  • Sometimes when you set up connectivity between devices, the links will disappear or change.
  • Sometimes the display gets wonky.
  • Sometimes charts seem to disappear.
It's great for monitoring SNMP devices; if you can just set up ping/echo to devices.
Read Geoff Benedetti's full review
January 15, 2018

User Review: "Intermapper - Know What's Going On!"

• Provides SNMP and WMI probe data.
  • Alerts us in advance of issues.
  • Allows us to customize notifications for different groups of individuals in the district.
  • Setting up probes in bulk can be difficult, so it can take a long time to get the system set up correctly to start.
  • Sometimes the probes can be sensitive and report false positives.
  • Interface can be a little clunky and non intuitive at times.
I think overall it's a great product that does what it's designed to do, which is allow you to be proactive with your environment. It's perfect for us where we're trying to monitor server activity with WMI probes and SNMP probes. If you want to do a of data flow analysis, I think Intermapper is a little clunk y for that.
Nick Erwin profile photo
April 11, 2017

Review: "InterMapper, the best network map around?"

We currently use InterMapper to monitor Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices. We also InterMapper to grab SFlows and NetFlows to put together graphs and statistics. We are able to monitor the devices and flows in real-time. The Help desk, server team and network team use the monitoring, alerting and statistics to quickly address and resolve any issues across the WAN.
  • The maps are excellent visual representations of the network. I find the maps easier to create and manage, than in Orion Network Atlas (SolarWinds).
  • The live maps are great for managing a large WAN.
  • Great for monitoring utilization and device status.
  • I would love to see more graphs and reports comparable to SolarWinds.
Excellent for verifying a device status at a remote location at a glance. Excellent monitoring of interface utilization. A great way to find a device in the chart that may be using up a lot of bandwidth.
Read Nick Erwin's full review

Intermapper Scorecard Summary

Automated network device discovery (3)
Network monitoring (5)
9.2
Baseline threshold calculation (3)
Alerts (5)
Network capacity planning (2)
6.5
Packet capture analysis (2)
6.0
Network mapping (4)
Wireless infrastructure monitoring (3)
5.7
Hardware health monitoring (4)

About Intermapper

Intermapper is a network mapping and monitoring software that is designed to help IT and network administrators stay ahead of network outages. With Intermapper, users can monitor all of their physical and virtual equipment with an IP address. From traditional routers and switches to wireless devices, and virtual servers, Intermapper uses SNMP, TCP, HTTP, and other common network protocols to bring back performance data about an organization’s critical equipment.

According to the vendor, key features and business benefits include:

IP-based monitoring
Visual network mapping
Free monitoring probes
Bandwidth monitoring and flows analysis
Real-time performance alerts

This solution includes cross-platform functionality and runs on Mac, Linux, and Windows. Subscription, device-based, and unlimited monitoring plans are available. The vendor offers a free 30-day trial that includes the ability to monitor up to 500 devices.

Intermapper Features

Network Performance Monitoring Features
Has featureAutomated network device discovery
Has featureNetwork monitoring
Has featureBaseline threshold calculation
Has featureAlerts
Has featureNetwork capacity planning
Has featurePacket capture analysis
Has featureNetwork mapping
Does not have featureCustomizable reports
Has featureWireless infrastructure monitoring

Intermapper Integrations

Intermapper Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?Optional

Intermapper pricing is based on how many devices you want to monitor. Intermapper is free for 10 devices or less. We offer subscription pricing starting at $303 for 25 devices. Device-based pricing starts at $765 for 25 devices. The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote for your specific needs: https://www.helpsystems.com/cta/request-intermapper-quote

Intermapper Support Options