Overall Satisfaction with Avalara
We use Avalara for our retail gift shop. It is used to calculate, process, collect and do state returns.
- State returns
- Calculating tax
- Tracking all our transactions
- Calculating for shipping to address changes
- Updating sales tax if there is a change to the reciept.
- Amount of time it takes for the tax returns to update for any corrected transactions
- Reduced filing time by a few hours.
- Calculating taxes in automatic.
- Making sure we are in compliance with each state.
- ecommerce. Celerant
Integration was not difficult at all. There are a few other Celerant customers using Avatax so they already had setup in place.
The website could be a bit clearer but is mostly good. My biggest issue is when I have to change a transaction to our location (customer picked up the order instead of shipping) I have to go into each line on the transaction to tell it to use the main address. There should be a setup option to default that all your transaction items use the same address.
- Avalara Returns
We use tax filing service and are very happy with that. Very helpful with all the states we have to file for.