Basecamp all the way!
December 12, 2014
Basecamp all the way!
Project Coordinator/ Trainer
Plastic Surgery StudiosMarketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Latest Version via Launch Pad
Overall Satisfaction with Basecamp
Basecamp is the heart of our company. We use it for all of our projects and cases. We use it to get our work orders entered into the system, then we create the project, then we implement a template per project. From there we tailor the tickets to the products that we provide. It holds all company communication and we track all advances in our projects.
- Organizes projects into tickets for fast research
- The search option is great to look through all client projects
- Simple structure, very streamlined
- Very customizable
- I'd like to see an option where multiple people could have multiple dates assigned to them on the same to do ticket, one person assigned at a time on a ticket can slow down the process when multiple people need to touch the ticket.
- I don't like that there's not a central catalog of projects. You have to be invited to everything, I'll miss some projects because someone didn't invite me. Not sure if that's just my company setting or all Basecamp systems.
- Can there be a notice when a third party invited person is looking at ticket, be nice to have statuses of when someone has clicked on to the ticket.
- Good tool for our project coordinators, able to track projects and follow up with our production teams
- Very transparent, good tool to share with clients on where their projects are at. More client trust.
- Streamlining projects to be more efficient, they're able to easily input tickets and discussions
We used another system called Connectwise and it was a nightmare. Basecamp has made us so happy. Connectwise was just an Internet Explorer/ PC computer based program that ran so slow. We had MAC users who wanted to pull out their hair because of the slow connection with the Remote Desktop Version they had to use. Basecamp solved all this, everyone uses it at the same speed, it doesn't matter what kind of computer you're on. Because of Basecamp we were all able to switch to MAC's and it's been great.
We're committed, we're not going anywhere. This does the job we need and we all have a great user experience with it. I have to say it's pretty reliable. It hardly ever defaults or says the program is not available due to it's company's issues. Basecamp is always up and ready to go.
This is a far better service than our previous central managing system. I love that Basecamp is internet based and we're not relying on software that manually has to be updated. This system runs very fast and I've noticed that I've become much more efficient with my own work. I'm able to work anywhere now! So much more freedom.