Overall Satisfaction with Basecamp
We have clients with multiple locations that require inspections, work, and reports. We started using Basecamp to keep track of the progress and status of each of these different locations. Basecamp allows us to create individual task lists, schedules, to-dos and upload specific files for each location to help organize our projects. Since Basecamp is an online application, we are able to use the program from anywhere without having to log onto our servers. This has allowed our remote employees to collaborate and manage projects while out in the field, increasing our overall company productivity.
- Allows for a central location to manage multiple projects without having to log onto a VPN or company server.
- Create schedules and task lists for a project, as well as help organize documents that are associated with that project.
- It's a little clunky to use and doesn't always fit what our company needs, but it works for now.
- Wish there was a way to turn off email notifications for when a user is added to a new project so our employees do not feel like they are getting spammed whenever a new folder is created.
- Has allowed our remote employees to upload documents and keep track of progress for multiple projects.
- Email notifications are borderline spamming and are pointless at times.
Haven't seen much in terms of support for this application. It is not the most user-friendly application and learning is clunky. There does not seem to be an easy way to search for a question or answer. Our employees tend to use the bare minimum that the program has to offer since navigating the program is frustrating at times.
Do you think Basecamp delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Basecamp's feature set?
Did Basecamp live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Basecamp go as expected?
Would you buy Basecamp again?
It's good for simple organization of projects and allows our employees to use it remotely, but it's not always user friendly. There also seems to be quite a bit of useless notifications, such as seeing that someone changed who can access the project. I'm sure in some cases this is needed, but the notifications become cluttered and annoying at times. Wish there was a better way at filtering notifications or what information needs to be shared will all members of the project.