Overall Satisfaction with BigCommerce
We use BigCommerce to manage our website. We have a couple of employees no longer with us, which left learning the program up to myself and my IT person. We only sell some products online so it is a very huge benefit to have tutorials and a help center to address concerns. Sometimes it's simply updating a product image or verbiage, adding new products, or removing older products. Other times we have to revamp and update entire sections or add sections. Our social media team works on with IT for those. Recently we had a popup that I didn't know where it came from and how to adjust it. BigCommerce provides tools to make this process pretty easy. I have never done this before so maneuvering has been a challenge that I feel capable of now. There are many more tools available to me that I still need to learn about to get the full benefit.
- Orders are readily available with all pertinent information. Multiple search options make any one customer easy to find. Customer accounts can also easily be adjusted when necessary for changes after being placed, but before being charged. Sometimes customers don't realize there is an error until they review the email received after ordering and then it's a hassle. Big Commerce eliminates that hassle.
- Website product adjustments and updates are pretty simple. The system is easy to upload images to, add info or even shut off viewing until the product is ready.
- We have multiple websites for different products and having the ability to personalize them individually is great. Different themes and setups are necessary and made available by BigCommerce.
- My main struggle has been with multiple sites sharing data to the same web page. We had a popup that we didn't know where it came from, it took many moons to figure it out. Turns out it was another site. I don't know if there is anyway for BigCommerce to know that because we tried several fixes and found it on another site's 'popup' feature.
- We do have a different site that manages the reviews on our web page. So that feature is not utilized.
- Free Shipping is an option to turn on or off for each product. It would be nice if that feature had more options (like the coupon codes do). Maybe we could have free shipping on domestic packages, but not out of the country since fees are extremely different.
- Better site management has increased order volume.
- Minimizing time spent on page setup by utilizing themes already provided by BigCommerce allows time and effort to be spent elsewhere.
- Without a current eCommerce employee, promotions, product updates, and changes would not have been possible without much time spent and at a very high cost to our company without BigCommerce to execute the necessary changes.
I must admit I'm still learning quite a bit about features available to me and how much more BigCommerce can help us. I have been able to learn a lot on my own as well as utilizing customer, community and chat support. I find the system pretty easy to manage. Our corporate account manager touches base regularly to see how they can help us be better, or help them be better. We appreciate the great service.
We do have several API accounts and they integrate seamlessly. You do have to make certain you do not have 2 accounts feeding the same data to one website. Typically the API will address that, but BigCommerce can't always resolve or explain your issue if it is a scenario being handled by an API account or direct coding, of course. Our coding is handled by IT right now and they also have the availability to easily adjust, add or remove data.
I do not know how to code, so the info available here has been very useful and helpful and easy to learn and use given my lack of knowledge. If you were well-versed in coding and could write your own web page I imagine you wouldn't need it. That is not the case here. I still feel that it would make adding data so much easier even if you could do it all yourself. The reports and data compiled also seem easy to access without having to set up spreadsheets and compile data.