My Bomgar review
Updated February 03, 2016
My Bomgar review
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Bomgar Remote Support Software
Bomgar, at first, was used in my organization as a tool for only the helpdesk support staff. We were still under utilizing it until one winter was really bad and everyone started to use it as a means to keep doing the work. It has now since spread to other departments within our agency to use as a support tool for helping [customers] and basic training on business software. I personally used it to help connect to all state parks and load software on all of the machines and never left my desk. Hundreds of hours in travel time saved.
- Connectivity. Bomgar can connect to any system regardless of OS. BIG plus!
- Minimal to no footprint left on user's machine. It removes itself after a support session is done. I have yet to see it fail to do so.
- The features keep getting better and better. Creating RDP sessions within Bomgar, specific security settings can be set for vendor access, better Active Directory integration.
- Windows Mobile Support. To most, it isn't a big deal. With the upcoming Windows 10 unified OS, I think it is time for an across the board remote software platform.
- Universal (desktop and mobile) app for Windows 10
What products have you used? What products have you researched? Did all the products require you to have security set? Did the products require you to dial a phone number? Did you have issues connecting to that number? Was the software easy to understand? Is there a specific functionality that you need (accessing the registry or a command prompt) without user intervention? Do you need to work on the machine without the user being present and shutdown when done?