Overall Satisfaction with Bomgar Remote Support Software
We have 150 local network accessible users running the jump client we can access without requiring user assistance. We have 70,000 customers and any other remote system that we can gain access to via the web portal. We use the presentation portion of the application frequently to share a desktop for multiple users to view. Bomgar Remote Support Software is an awesome application that has made remote access/management of system a breeze. Can't imagine having to work without it.
- Allows groups to be set up and limit system access by the group.
- Ability to wake system at remote locations if one system with the client loaded is running at the remote location.
- Ability have multiple users log into one remote system.
- Ability to transfer access to another user.
- Web browser access to support agents devices when the application is not available.
- System is difficult to set up initially without assistance from Bomgar support.
- System remote access can only be limited by groups not per user.
- Sometimes difficult to find options when administering the system.
- Support personnel are now able to provide remote assistance to customers for systems that are not on our network. It has been a godsend.
- We were able to eliminate security issues by replacing the old remote control software that was limited to local users only.
We used a VNC product for several years because it was free and we couldn't talk management into purchasing a product. Bomgar offers so much more for our support personnel. We evaluated TeamViewer, which I use for personnel use, along with Bomgar and would have been a product we would have purchased had Bomgar not won out.
The application is well suited for instances when random outside users need support. Remote users needing assistance do not need any software loaded, just access the support web site or you can send them an email with a link. They load a small temporary client application and magically you have access to their system.