Overall Satisfaction with Brightpearl
I was not with the company at the time of implementation, but from my understanding based on conversations with the Director of Operations, the use of Brightpearl was crucial for the growth of our brand.
In general, our experience with customer support has been positive, although more often than not it is regarding a issue that is known and being attended to. Our Director of Operations is in closer contact with the support team and they have been very helpful with more advanced questions.
Brightpearl is used by the operations and accounting departments, primarily for inventory management and invoicing. It is also used to manage wholesale accounts and purchases. Brightpearl is a versatile tool and the core of our cloud ecosystem.
- Receiving and managing inventory through multiple warehouses is straightforward.
- Fulfillment, partial fulfillment, drop shipping, and fulfillment from multiple warehouses adds flexibility to workflow.
- Invoices generated from sales orders are used for all wholesale accounts, saving time.
- Notes and tags for accounts enable us to consistently tailor the fulfillment and shipping of orders for each wholesale customer.
- Integration with Shopify, Shipstation, Brandboom, and a host of other cloud services enables us to fine tune our workflow for online retail, wholesale, fraud prevention, shipping, and customer service. Integration is executed well, especially considering the range of services that can be incorporated.
- For larger sales and purchases, various Brightpearl functions become slow or inconsistent.
- Inventory transfers between warehouses could be simplified, particularly for warehouses that are not physically separate.
- Occasionally, online orders are not imported from Shopify, or payment is not allocated. If this is not caught in time it can lead to accounting and customer service issues.
- The overall efficiency of Brightpearl has enabled us to grow in many ways, including the number of accounts, quantity and variety of products available, rate of fulfillment, and accuracy of inventory.
Not having used or evaluated alternate ERP software, I cannot give an informed comment.
In general, Brightpearl is better suited to smaller orders, with workarounds required for larger ones. For example, when importing large wholesale orders it is often necessary to split it into separate orders. For our purposes as a clothing brand, it would be helpful to simplify sales orders, using entries by style with size and color variants.