Buddy Media Review (Before & After Acquisition)https://www.trustradius.com/social-media-publishingBuddy MediaUnspecified4.9171012014-02-05T20:59:03.956Z
February 05, 2014
Buddy Media Review (Before & After Acquisition)
Score 6 out of 101
It was used to both facilitate and schedule Social Media content across multiple departments within the company. More specifically, between Digital, Editorial, and Marketing functions, this tool allowed for synchronization and efficiency in planning of social content. The analytics features allowed for quick, easy to read top-level insights that could be digested across various levels of expertise.
- Clear, concise functions and navigation. The ease of use was a strong-selling point.
- Assigning tasks to different users within your team was simple and hassle-free.
- Analytics were top level, easily digestible and actionable.
- Deep analytic capabilities still lacking.
- Still primarily an engagement platform, only. The added components of analytics, sentiment analysis, and NLP are a far ways away.
- Salesforce acquisition caused disconnect when it comes to persona/reliable customer service.
- Employee efficiency to create + curate content improved by 5x.
- Workflow for both internal employees, and client approvers became more seamless, thus decreasing overhead billing.
- Cost reduction due to more automates processes helped allocate budget elsewhere.
- Wildfire,Vitrue,Dachis Group Social Business Index
Buddy Media was more simple to use vs. Virtue, when it came to a content management standpoint. Wildfire was our go-to content platform, until Buddy Media created a facet of managing online contests themselves and we chose to switch. Dachis' offering was a bunch of dirty data, w/ poor accuracy, and hard to use. We found the analytics portion of Buddy Media to be equivalent, and although not very robust, just as simple.
Their pricing has increased tremendously since acquisition. Customer Service has also decreased in terms of quality, account managers, and overall guidance. With that being said, there are more offerings within the tool. While there are many more competitors in the space, the decision comes down to budget allocation for an all-in-one style tool.
For an an engagement and publishing tool that is highly efficient, easy to set up, and simple to manage - Buddy Media excels. For strategic, digitally-advanced, and analytic teams, the social listening needs that Buddy Media offers seem to lack to those of other proficient vendors in the space. Overall, it is an affordable solution for all management and content-driven functions within an organization.