Excellent free CRM!
November 29, 2018
Excellent free CRM!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Capsule CRM
Capsule CRM is a very powerful free CRM that can handle the fairly complex needs of our book marketing company. It is used across the whole organization to track leads, clients, and marketing contacts. We connect authors to books, and books to newspapers, bookstores, etc, and Capsule CRM is able to handle that for us for free. It's not super customizable, but it is the best we could hope for for the price!
- Many fields. It's not super customizable, at least at the free level, but there are many fields that you can utilize to fit your needs
- Entirely web based. We've never experienced down time or lag issues.
- Free! It's hard to find a powerful database for free.
- The CRM is intended for "sales pipeline" use. We don't use it for that, so we have to hack it a bit to fit our needs. If you need a free CRM to track sales pipelines...this would be PERFECT!
- The Dashboard isn't particularly customizable or useful for us.
- It's enabled us to have a cloud-based live database, rather than living off spreadsheets or an antiquated Access database
- It's hard to really quantify ROI on a small startup, but it's been very helpful to have a small scale but powerful CRM as we grow the company.
- Since we don't use it entirely as it's intended, the terminology and shortcuts are a bit confusing.
SuiteCRM, & SugarCRM were the other final contenders when I chose Capsule CRM. I don't remember what was the final factor in making a decision, but I know that the amount of database you can get for free was really my main consideration, and the ability to grow into the paid version was great as well.
Powerful CRM for free. It doesn't get much better than that! If you're launching a new business and don't want to invest too much capital, use Capsule for your CRM. It will keep you organized and not cost you. If you grow out of the free version, then you can just continue using the same product, without needing to convert everything to a new, bigger database.