Dayforce Payroll is a '10'
Updated October 28, 2019
Dayforce Payroll is a '10'
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
Dayforce is used throughout our entire organization, including our associates in the United Kingdom.
- Dayforce offers HR, Recruiting, Benefits, Payroll, and Workforce Management in a single application. Our associates have mobile technology which enables them to see their schedules, review their timecards or check benefit information 24 hours a day.
- Our associates have access to real time information 24 hours a day. They are able to see how much PTO time is available and request time away from work through mobile technology.
- The new 'Timecards' needs improvement. It is difficult to access the timecard totals (previously 'View Pay' in My Timecards) without having to drag the side bar down. It is not efficient.
- The HTML screens are slow and inefficient. We are still using Silverlight when possible.
- We have been able to standardize processes throughout our company. Associates no longer are submitting PTO requests on paper. Our managers and supervisors are able to complete employee changes directly in Dayforce, with workflows that enable the data to update in real time.
As an employer in 35+ states, we have benefited from the embedded compliance in the scheduling module.
This is certainly one of the biggest advantages to using Dayforce. It has increased efficiency for our managers and supervisors to access the data needed to make decisions.
This has increased efficiency throughout our company. We no longer have to deal with multiple logins or antiquated systems.
Dayforce is very intuitive and the training through MyPath made our transition very easy for our associates. The payroll module (sitll using MyPay due to system response in Payroll) is definitely a '10' in my book! I think WFM still needs improvements. Our supervisors and managers have found it not as easy to use or read as Kronos.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Ceridian Dayforce
Evaluating Ceridian Dayforce HCM and Competitors
Yes - We were using HPW prior to implementing Dayforce payroll, but we did replace the timesheets, moving from Kronos to WFM.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
From a user aspect, the product features play an important role in the decision to go with Dayforce. Price is also a key factor.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Implementation
The US implentation was challenging. However, the UK implementation that we did last October was very successful.
Change management was a major issue with the implementation - People in our organization do not embrace change. It was challenging to get everyone on board.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Support
This is dependent on what type of support that is needed. Ceridian has opportunities to make improvements relating to support on the global/UK side. I find it challenging to get problems solved quickly with our UK Native payroll. The US side is different. We tend to get our issues resolved quickly when we encouter issues on the US side.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Need to explain problems multiple times
Slow Initial Response
Yes - Again, specific to UK, we are still working the bugs out. Ceridian is addressing the issues one by one. Some have been sitting out there for months.
We were challenged to get our first UK Native payroll for the new tax year committed due to system issues. Our support representative in the UK was up at 3:00 a.m. working diligently from home to assist us in getting the payroll submitted on time.
Using Ceridian Dayforce HCM
From a payroll standpoint, the payroll module is excellent. However, HTML screens are slow and inefficient.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- From a user standpoint, logging in to view a timecard, submit a TAFW request, or using the mobile technology is very easy.
- Coming from a support department (payroll), the configuration can be cumbersome to manage when we have changes to pay rules or org changes.