August 23, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
We currently use Ceridian Dayforce for a Medicaid waiver program that our company operates. We have over 140 separate companies within this program, with each company ranging from 1 to 5 employees. Timesheets are manually prepared and entered. We are adding 1-4 companies per quarter. The ease of entry and submitting taxes were two of our biggest issues.
- The spreadsheet entry of time has decreased the amount of time needed for this step in the payroll process. This also gives us the ability to review before committing payroll.
- Adding companies and employees is a relatively easy process. The turnaround time is about 3 to 4 weeks for a new company. The customer service team (Nancy Walker) is outstanding.
- Reports can be utilized with minimal training.
- When adding a new occupational tax for a local area, Ceridian at first stated that they would not file returns on our behalf.
- Setting up fees for new companies was not disclosed in the contract.
- State Unemployment rates are randomly changed in the org set up. We have to check them every pay period.
- By switching to Ceridian, we were able to recoup our investment within 1 year.
- A significant time savings in no longer having to deal with IRS issues.
Our scope is very limited in our use of Dayforce. We only use it in one type of situation, which is a large volume of manual entries with absolutely no benefits.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Ceridian Dayforce
2 - Processing payroll for our Medicaid waiver program.
2 - Accounting/Finance degree, and some Microsoft office products-savvy.
- Once we started using Ceridian, we were able to complete a reconciliation between payment and reimbursement, and detect errors in payroll rates.
- We are able to pull units (instead of hours) for yearly reimbursement projects. What once would take multiple days now takes minutes.
- Possibly, expanding to other departments. Currently, it meets the needs of the program we have.
Because of two issues that we have with not wanting to file a locality, and an incredibly high rate for creating new companies, I am hesitant to give it any higher review. Also, the educational year charge is aggressive.
Evaluating Ceridian Dayforce and Competitors
Yes - We replaced ADP with Ceridian due to issues with IRS that they did not address in a timely manner and are ongoing 7 years later.