Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
We are using Dayforce for our system of record for payroll and HR across our us offices. It is used by our entire HR department and sparingly for self-service. Dayforce has helped us streamline some of our processes and eliminates some of the manual entry. On our previous legacy system, we were working in at least 11 different systems with multiple points of entry. After implementing we were able to eliminate some of those systems. Open enrollment for our company used to mean having employees fill out forms for six different carriers. We were able to utilize Dayforce for open enrollment this year. [It] truly eliminates any data entry involved with benefits.
- Workflows provide limitless opportunities for every type of business need.
- Payroll, benefits, and time are all located in the same system with seamless transitions between the three.
- Tax calculations are extremely accurate and calculate for every type of employee situation.
- Reporting is not as user-friendly as it could be. The topic building tool is not for the average user.
- Benefits administration could be simplified a little more.
- We have definitely become less reliant on paper as we have cut down on about 80% of our paper processes.
- Our new hire process has been much smoother and streamlined. There's now less time spent and fewer errors as a result.
- We have so much more visibility to payroll calculations and audits now without the mystery of how payroll is going to come back and how many errors there maybe.
In our legacy system a lot of the payroll tax was dependent on our knowledge of each state and locale. When we implemented Dayforce all the tax entities calculated the wages in each state as well as the limited wages correctly based on what we entered as the employee's address. On top of that the system validated addresses as well.
The main impact it has had on us is the ability to have one system of record with clean data.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Ceridian Dayforce
13 - As of right now, the only users of dayforce in our organization is the entire HR and payroll departments. It developer in it uses the web services for integration with wfm and the employees have limited access through self-service.
2 - It takes individuals with some patience. Dayforce is progressing rapidly however there are many Kinks currently being worked out as a result of the progression. For the most part the application is pretty user-friendly however a Keen Eye for recognizing inconsistencies with data helps.
- Self-service access of earning statements and year-end statements
- Wfm integration with our current time system
- Mapping of common fields
- Scheduled reporting for monthly headcount reports
- Ppaca Administration
- Onboarding for each individual office
- Dashboards for executives
- Automated compensation planning
Evaluating Ceridian Dayforce HCM and Competitors
Yes - Replace our Legacy payroll product that was extremely Limited in accurate pay for our employees.
- Product Features
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
The single most important factor would probably be price but customer support was a very close second. We were assured the customer support model had changed drastically and that we would no longer have the poor support experience we had with their legacy product.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Implementation
The biggest lesson we learned is that implementation is a mostly out-of-the-box solution however you can be a strong voice in tailoring the implementation to your specific needs.
- Vendor implemented
- Implemented in-house
We did not use a Professional Services Company, it was implemented by our team with the assistance of a Dayforce implementation team.
Yes - We have implemented the US offices and our next phases of the implementation will include the other offices around the globe staggered.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - We could have used some more thorough training of the products to ease the users into the more complex system and new business practices.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Support
For the most part support has been great at addressing our issues in a timely manner and developing Solutions.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Not Available - If it is available I have no knowledge of it. I don't think there is a premium support option with dayforce.
Definitely, not all of our earning statements were imported during implementation and one of these support wraps was very thorough and testing to make sure that they got imported.
Using Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Four basic functions it is user-friendly however as you get into more complex areas with your data it can be complex
- Onboarding setup
- Complex reporting that includes multiple topics
- Historical record keeping with rehires and their work assignment wow they were not employed.