July 13, 2021
Score 2 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Chowly
Chowly was used to send orders through to the POS (Toast) from a third party delivery service (Caviar) for multiple locations which shared the same menu.
- Responsive support team
- Their team's knowledge of Toast POS
- Their sales team is aggressive and confident in their product
- Promises of ways to avoid mapping errors were never followed through on
- Many mapping errors which required constant attention
- To use requires multiple hidden modifiers in Toast, clogging up the menu
- Required a lot of attention from upper management to maintain
- Enabled orders from Caviar to go through to the POS without staff needing to enter the orders manually, saving on time and labor
- Due to frequent changes in our menu, Chowly could not handle these and needed to remap every single time there was a menu change.
Do you think Chowly delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Chowly's feature set?
Did Chowly live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Chowly go as expected?
Would you buy Chowly again?
I would not recommend Chowly to any restaurant that is trying to push orders through to their POS from a third party delivery site. Any restaurant would be much better off finding a third party site that integrates directly with their POS. Using Chowly was more of a headache than it needed to be and our company switched to Checkmate (also not great) after a year with Chowly.