Overall Satisfaction with Chrome Remote Desktop
I use Chrome Remote Desktop while I am mobile and may not have my laptop with me for remote access.
- Chrome Remote Desktop works very well on mobile Android devices. It's smooth & easy to manage a multiple desktop workstation.
- The application takes advantage of the local Android keyboard & voice to text really well.
- Mouse input and window scrolling is on point even with 3 monitors on my workstation to my 1 mobile screen.
- I wrote this last comment here using the Chrome Remote Desktop app on my Galaxy S7 edge.
- I use multiple monitors on my workstation, a mouse speed setting would be nice to have.
- Currently unable to use trail text input.
- Lacking auto detection of text input boxes, have to click on an input field, then choose keyborad.
- Spell check & predicted words do not work.
- I use this individually, perhaps to pull up a quote I may have stored locally.
- No ROI tracking at this time per this specific application.
- For emergent needs, and if Windows remote desktop is not available, this application is invaluable.
- LogMeIn, Windows Remote Desktop and pcAnywhre
Hands down Chrome Remote Desktop is the best option available if you find yourself mobile and without access to a laptop/PC. In some cases, I would say that this application outperforms the native Windows Remote Desktop application. However, there are some features missing, perhaps local to the Andriod OS or the phone platform such as keyboard options and mouse speed control.