Overall Satisfaction with Cision Communications Cloud
Our firm's Brand Management and Client Relations departments use Cision to monitor coverage of the firm, gain competitive intelligence, and quickly reach media contacts and influencers. We have also used Cision on behalf of firm clients to monitor crisis situations.
- Data visualization - very helpful in presenting data to non-experts
- Media contact database - fairly extensive and up-to-date, with some notable exceptions
- Ability to organize work in "campaigns" - good for self-monitoring and reporting on ROI
- Impact - this is wildly inaccurate
- Actual views - again, wildly inaccurate
- Reporting - should be more options besides real-time alerts and hand-curated newsletters. Automated weekly reports would be an obvious addition.
- We have been able to nimbly adapt to COVID-19 and push our thought-leadership to editors interested in republishing.
- We have still not been able to accurately measure ROI because the Impact feature does not accurately measure the number of views of a given article or the number of referrals back to our website.
We chose Cision because Meltwater was more expensive and its interface less suited to our needs and because Signal's functionality was too opaque and its application in our business context was unclear.
Do you think Cision Communications Cloud delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cision Communications Cloud's feature set?
Did Cision Communications Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cision Communications Cloud go as expected?
Would you buy Cision Communications Cloud again?
Cision Communications Cloud is well-suited to the marketing or PR professional who needs to track real-time and historic data on media mentions of a company, product, or person, and to report on these to stakeholders within an organization. It is also very helpful for PR professionals (internal or external) tasked with pitching media and tracking their own ROI.