Overall Satisfaction with Cision PR Software
It helps me find relevant media to pitch information to and find out information about various publications and media outlets, including circulation, etc. It's being used by the firms I consult for because it is just great to work with. It gives me a fairly up-to-date glimpse of a variety of media organizations, helping me target the right people.
- It has helped me find relevant publications I knew nothing about before I found them on Cision
- It gives fairly detailed background information about journalists that helps me target pitches. There's nothing worse than pitching the wrong journalist.
- It never fails me when I am in a rush and need to get a particular journalist immediately and can't find them in my phone directory.
- Sometimes it is slow to load, especially when I've got a huge list of targets.
- Sometimes the search engine won't show a journalist that I know should be in the database. So, sometimes, not so intuitive.
- It's well worth the money. I used it as a go-to first source to lead me to the right targets and then go from there. Every place I've worked at I've recommended it. It really helps raise awareness.
- It's not so great if you really don't pitch the media too terribly frequently.
I've used and been happy with Cision for so long that I'm biased against other products. It's easy to use and I'm fairly satisfied with it.