Cadillac PR Software
Overall Satisfaction with Cision Communications Cloud
- Media List Building
- Looking up Media Outlets or Specific Media Contacts
- Monthly News Coverage Reporting
- The daily emails detailing news coverage results are set up with key words and unless you are very specific, it will pull in coverage that isn't relevant to your tracking needs.
- If the trade publications your company places articles in are super niche, they likely won't be tracked/picked up through the software, and you have to manually add them as they publish.
- The executive dashboard and dashboard widgets are a little wonky and require some finessing in order to work properly.
- More granular tracking on publicity value of our news coverage
- Snapshots of how we are stacking up against our competition in the news
- The actual reach of our audiences (by the #'s, and the regions) in each publication our articles appear
If you have a solid PR program you are running, and the budget money you allocate towards the software provides adequate return for your execution and tracking needs; this is great software. It is definitely one of the leading PR software programs out there, especially since they acquired their main competitor, Vocus.
For those who have limited PR budget dollars, I'd recommend shopping for a program that has a few less "bells and whistles," depending on what you need to use it for. Another option, if you are a bigger company is to look for another division in your company to split the cost and get added seats. Or if you are a smaller firm, see if you can find another small company to go in with you to purchase the annual subscription. Lots of ways to approach this.
Questions to ask:
- How do the four tabs work? (Plan, Connect, Monitor, Analyze)
- Can you show us a demo?
Transition from TrendKite to Cision Communications Cloud
Cision Communications Cloud Support
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Quick Initial Response
Not kept informed