Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is being used as our end to end talent management suite. We utilize the Learning Management System, Performance Appraisals (including goals), Succession Planning, Compensation Administration (annual focal periods only) and the Cornerstone Applicant Tracking System at the enterprise level. Cornerstone interfaces with our core HRIS for employee demographic information, compensation data and custom relationships.
- Delivers learning content reliably
- Tracks learning completions
- Allows for goal entry/goal tracking
- Compensation guidelines can be based on several factors
- Recruiting cloud still needs to mature
- Constant UI changes create a fragmented experience across the system
- Goal setting UI causes confusion for employees
- Security setup is complex and convoluted
- Reporting could be a lot better
- Cornerstone has allowed us to automate manual processes
- Cornerstone's reporting (including "analytics" and delivery) leaves a lot to be desired
- Our customer success manager is a good listener, but is short on recommendations for improved efficiency and effectiveness
- While it's nice that the ATS can use our corporate structure, it needs to grow up
Cornerstone found the sweet spot among functionality, price, and user experience. While SuccessFactors was a viable solution at the time, key workers' prior experience with the system eliminated it from contention. At the time of selection, Cornerstone was a growing business and seemed like a real go-getter, but as the company has grown and the solution suite has filled out, innovation seems to have stagnated.
Cornerstone is well suited to smaller businesses that are planning to systematize or automate existing processes for learning and performance (or implement these processes for the first time). Additionally, Cornerstone could work well for larger highly structured companies who need to deploy differing content or processes among their different divisions.