Overall Satisfaction with Critical Mention
There are a few teams that use Critical Mention across the whole organization. My team in particular uses the platform to provide relevant television and radio clips to our client and to measure the amount of this type of coverage on any given topic. The client will often have certain initiatives and issues it needs to monitor, measure the volume of, and be able to get a feel for the media's sentiment surrounding the initiative/issue.
- The option to search by call sign and program name is very helpful.
- Overall, pinpointing a certain clip you need or clips from a certain area of Canada/US is easily facilitated by their search options.
- Clips load fast and are of good quality.
- It is extremely slow to delete clips that you've put into a report.
- Critical Mention often misspells words in its transcript making search terms hard to pinpoint and as a result, relevant clips are harder to find.
- Clips are often duplicated two or three times.
- Customer service quality has increased with this product because we are able to deliver clips in real-time and get them to the client as fast as possible.
- Unfortunately, our impressions are not always accurate when we have a high volume of coverage due to repeated clips or the inability to delete duplicates. This becomes a problem with our client relationship because we want to give them the most accurate numbers possible in order for them to measure the success of their campaigns.
There isn't a comparable platform that we could consider switching to. Overall, it is very easy to search for the things we need with this product and the clips are high quality.
I don't think Critical Mention is appropriate for a company that will be searching for a high volume of unique clips. It is great for a few segments a client needs to see but if you're creating a report with hundreds of clips it will be hard to measure the exact value of the clips because there are so many duplicates and it is hard to delete clips from the report.
Using Critical Mention
It's great for quickly looking up a specific clip, but this platform makes it difficult to select and accurately report on a high volume of clips.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Easy to filter what you're searching for.
- Easy to load and share clips.
- Easy to select clips and make a report.