A Balanced Review of Cvent
October 30, 2015

A Balanced Review of Cvent

Overall Satisfaction with Cvent Event Management

It is used by both our Events Team and our Camps Team for event registration and invoicing. It helps us keep all of our event and camp registration managed and organized in a fairly efficient, streamlined process. It's helpful for direct communication with the registrants. We don't really use it for marketing and invitation, but we do use it on a daily basis for registration changes and reporting.
  • Reporting - Cvent Event Management has a vast variety of reports ranging from financial to summaries to informational. The extent to which information can be pulled is very helpful.
  • Emails - Confirmation emails have been a HUGE help for us to quickly and automatically convey important information to our registrants. The ability to schedule other emails has been great for payment reminders and other updates that we want our registrants to receive.
  • Registration Pages - Cvent Event Manager provides a great range of customizable registration options that allow us to utilize it for a variety of different events that have different registration needs. We can ask the questions we need, add the optional registration choices, and even available products for sale for each event. The events are vastly different, but for them all Cvent's customizability enables us to accomplish what we need for each type of event we do.
  • The creation of event pages is a bit cumbersome. I have seen some improvement in this area in the 3 years since I starting using the product, but there is definitely still room for growth here. The HTML editor is particularly tedious and difficult to use.
  • I struggle to make the design of my event registration pages and my emails look the way I want them. It would be nice if this was a more user-friendly interface.
  • We use Cvent Event Management for group registration for our youth events and the functionality here is a bit limited. We have to use some creative work arounds to collect the information we need and keep registration flexible and as simple as possible for our youth leaders. I would appreciate some improvements in this area.
  • There is no option to allow registrants to modify only part of their registration. The settings allow them full access to modify on their own or no access to modify on their own. This is probably my number one frustration with the Cvent software.
  • Cvent Event Managements has maximized our staff's use of time. Moving from paper registration several years ago to online registration with Cvent saved us HOURS of work.
  • Acceptiva
In my previous position at a former job, Acceptiva worked great for the needs I had there. When I moved into this newer, more extensive position with a greater number and variety of events, I needed something with much more flexibility and capability. Cvent Event Manager was already in place when I arrived and has met that need.
I find Cvent Event Management works best for individual registration or registration where you allow one person to register a small group of people. I have run into some difficulties using it for large group registration/ticketing. If you need registration that is simple and ticket based, there may be better, cheaper options out there for you. The cost of Cvent Event Manager is reasonable IF you are using all of its functionality. Sometimes I feel like there are features I don't need and am therefore not using, but unfortunately paying for. All in all, I am happy with Cvent Event Manager and have found it meets many of my event registration needs in a fairly effective way.