Cvent [Event Management] is very robust, but the most beneficial item from the platform would be the ease of cross-event surveys and the …
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Cvent is a cloud-based enterprise event management company with nearly 4,000 employees and over 300,000 users worldwide. Cvent offers software solutions to event planners and marketers for online event registration, venue selection, event management and marketing, onsite solutions, email marketing, and attendee engagement. Cvent's suite of products automate and simplify the planning process to maximize the impact of events. Cvent provides hoteliers with an integrated platform, enabling properties to increase business demand through targeted advertising and improve conversion through proprietary demand management and business intelligence solutions.
Cvent solutions aim to optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
- Supported: Designed to help meeting and event planners more easily navigate every aspect of the event process.
- Supported: Increase attendance and engagement by using Cvent event management software to create multifaceted marketing campaigns surrounding your events.
- Supported: Create organization-wide event success with powerful reporting, strategic integrations, and award-winning, 24/7 customer service.
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Send invitation to huge amounts of people
- Making reports for easy access to the data
- Allow integration with virtual platforms such as On24, Zoom and MS Teams
- Session emails can't have multiple customized headers and footers
- Widgets can't be easily duplicated across several emails
- Some functions enabled for website design are not enabled for email design
- Virtual session links cannot be imported
Cvent Flex registration tool allows for an easy and user-friendly way to get out the event or conference details to the targeted market, easy to use registration process and a quick and concise confirmation in their email inbox. Prior to the event, it allows to relay all final details, be it URLs for webcasts or hotel confirmations for onsite conferences. For onsite check-in, OnArrival speeds up the line, allows for any messages to be relayed and gives a great end-result participant report.
- Set and maintain branding needs
- Provides amazing end-user reporting
- Provides an always ready, 24-hour hands on customer service help desk
- Allowing more in depth paths for registration questions (i.e. drill-down questions as needed)
- Hotel widget does not model in a user-friendly way, allowing for customer confusion and cumbersome work-arounds
- Flex Email customization widgets need to integrate into the emails more smoothly and be able to customize to have the same look, feel, font of the written text. At this time it does not allow for the same level of customization.
1. Quick or complex Registration pages for any event, conference or webcast for 10+ attendees allowing for details and confirmations to be presented and details sent
2. Allow for notifications to hold dates for upcoming events
3. Allow for a temperature check in the form of a survey of a group for making decisions, checking needs, etc. (open or blind send)
Not as suited:
1. Trying to make the wrong Cvent tool for the job at hand. (example, using standard flex registration tool for one on one appointments instead of the appointment tool)
- Tracks number of people attending
- Tracks people that have left registrations
- allow more that on person to register
- easier to set up
Cvent [Event Management] is very robust, but the most beneficial item from the platform would be the ease of cross-event surveys and the ability to send those to a shared portal our entire company has access into. I save hours per year by not needing to pull reports daily for staff members.
I would love to see Cvent [Event Management] add event feedback survey reporting to the cross-event reports. I spend a good amount of time collecting this data manually and manipulating it for a full year of events.
Cvent [Event Management] can be customized to solve a multitude of problems. In my personal role, I use Cvent [Event Management] to solve the problems that come with registration: "Who has registered? What are their registration details? What information do I need?" I can set up a registration page, capture all the data needed, and then push a report to a shared portal so I do not have to answer my team each time they have a question… I can direct them to the reporting portal and they can be autonomous.
- Email Tracking: You can see if your event invitees have opened the invitation email, registered, declined, or even what step in the registration process they made it to.
- Automated Emails: You can send emails manually or schedule emails to specific invitees, registrants, or no-shows.
- Reporting: I can create a customized report, manipulate it when needed, and event send it to a shared portal so my co-workers can login and view a report in real time without emailing me requesting a specific report.
- Feedback Cross-Event Reporting: I would love to see [Cvent Event Management] add event feedback survey reporting to the cross-event reports. I spend a good amount of time collecting this data manually and manipulating it for a full year of events.
- OnArrival Application Login: If you make an error logging in 3 times in a row, it locks you out for a good chunk of time. Would like a two-dept verification to avoid.
- Networking: Before covid, we used to have a good amount of in-person networking opportunities for [Cvent Event Management] users that were free- now it is really only [Cvent] connect for face-to-face events it seems?
Less suited: Metric tracking- while you can use reference IDs you cannot adequately use UTMs with your events so it is difficult to see a campaign across the board if an event is a part of it.
- Complex event registrations with multiple attendee types
- Widget-based event website and email builder makes marketing quick and easy, especially for users without HTML/CSS knowledge; HTML widget allows for customization for those who want to fine-tune
- Plenty of custom fields allowed in contact records
- Clean interface
- Email automation and filtering capabilities
- Event registration links to contact record
- Robust reporting, both standard and custom
- Responsive and helpful customer service/tech support available via chat
- New product releases are slow and staggered, requiring customers to find workarounds for previous features (increased manual labor)
- No ability to modify event website CSS in newest event management platform (Flex)
- No integration with membership module in newest event management platform (Flex)
- Limited email marketing capabilities (e.g., no A/B testing)
- Limited customization of memberships (only allows calendar-based or a specific number of days)
- Exhibitor, sponsor and speaker management is clunky, and customization options are minimal
- No ability to restore deleted contact records
- With its focus primarily on event management, Cvent has not updated other modules in years (e-marketing and membership in particular), making them dated and clunky
- Doesn't allow organization members to register for their own events after launch without paying a per-registrant fee
Contact management & membership. Cvent allows you to manage thousands of contacts. You can create different membership levels, set up dues rates, create automatic email notifications/reminders, create unlimited custom fields, and set up password-protected websites. Customization in the membership module is limited, however. For example, there are only a couple of options for membership duration (calendar year or number of days), and you can only apply a grace period of up to 60 days.
- Website build
- Easy to understand the language when building the website
- User end search capabilities should include presenters
- Building reports is time-consuming because it is not a step-by-step approach.
- Event Management
- Customer Relationship Building
- Ease of Use
- CRM Monitoring
- Hotel Sourcing
- Better clarification on product updates
- Event landing pages are fully customizeable with your company branding, and the latest version of the landing page creation tool, "Flex", is a true WYSIWYG tool, requiring no HTML coding knowledge.
- There is a robust survey tool add-on, Inquisium, which allows you to survey your attendees, and even sync their responses to your CRM.
- Contacts/invitees functionality is very robust. You can easily track who you've sent event invitations to, whether they've opened the invite, registered, declined, etc. And you can sync this data to Salesforce Contacts and Salesforce Campaigns to make it easy for your sales team to see who has registered (without having to constantly ask you!).
- There's a robust venue sourcing and RFP tool integrated in the system!
- Cvent can be integrated with Zoom for a seamless experience for webinar attendees.
- So many modules or functions are "add-ons".
- Subscription prices have creeped up over time.
- Per person registration can be very expensive over time.
- They need to do a better job of allowing clients to report on ANY data points.
- Provide design options
- Easy-to-learn system
- Sata and analysis
- Managing all parts of an event in one system
- Some products have too many features
- Help articles are sometimes outdated
- Phone app is outdated
- Registration is very easy with the drag and drop features in flex
- New Surveys are so much easier than the older version. Drap and drop features here as well.
- Socail tables, now diagramming and seating is seamless
- Commiunity information should be available under the new look/experience of Cvent.
- The administration courses should be broken down to simplify learning.
- QR codes should be implemented in the new surveys.
- Real time data
- Auto emails to attendees
- Reporting tools
- Instructions on how to use a tool are not always very clear
- Not always the easiest site to navigate
- Feedback does not get implemented often
- Building reports
- Tracking attendees
- Platform options
- Building the website is not for inexperienced people
- The add-ons are expensive
- More interactive training and testing to ensure the knowledge that is needed
- Custom Reporting.
- Emails that we can send to clients are amazing!
- The websites we are able to build are great especially with the custom features.
- The publishing of reports, parking reports was so much easier.
- The speed I feel has slowed down with all the changes.
- The hotel module more flexibility.
- Meeting approvals
- Website creation
- Budget module
- Management of users - between user types - registration, licenses, portal
- Administration level customer service on non attendee management items
- Centralized reporting data base
- Easy to share reports and data with stakeholders
- Makes checking in attendees seamless
- Still needs some improvement in the website builder
- Waiting for more features to roll out with Attendee Hub
- More updates to appointments
- Electronic check-in
- Name bade printing
- Virtual event platform
- Interactive engagement
- Customizations and templates
- Very user friendly.
- Solves a lot of business problems.
- Great customer service.
- More customization.
- Cleaner looking app.
- More training tools.
- Attendee Management
- Virtual Meetings
- Real time feedback and solutions
- Lag in changing between screens on some applications
- Using data tags in email communications.
- Well integrated.
- Great customer service.
- Continuous product improvements.
- Easy to navigate and user-friendly.
- Ability to customize.
- I would like to have the ability to duplicate/copy content in survey emails.
- The reporting feature is a wonderful tool, however, some selected fields lack customization.
- The ability to send test email surveys after the survey has launched live (this feature is only available in the legacy survey).
- Consolidation of platforms
- Lots of configurable options
- A la carte pricing
- Organization of registrations and attendees.
- Data collection and options for building reports.
- Ease of creating event websites.
- The event refund process should be smoother and auto return $ to the people who signed up. We had to cut personal checks for each individual that paid for an event that was then canceled due to covid.
- The option to build a completely custom report, including the answer to your specific questions upon registration.
- When designing our websites, sometimes the format is a tad off when making a schedule, so maybe some more detailed and aligned formatting options or templates for common event website pages?
- event management
- attendee information gathering
- emails and communications
- integration with Advance
- integration with event guest list and Salesforce
- Online training
- in-person training
- Decent registration tool
- Decent reporting
- Good Virtual Tool
- Account Management
- Sales Support
- Event Registration & Attendee Data.
- Event Hosting (Attendee Hub).
- Post-Event Content Access for Registrants.
- Integrated chat feature in Cvent Attendee Hub.
- Streamlined Admission Item-level data for Cvent/Marketo integrations.
- Cvent Attendee Hub is a great option for large, multi-time zone virtual events.