Reviews (1-25 of 81)
- Customer Service - It's 24/7 and every single person that I have spoken to in the Customer Service department as well as *everyone* I have spoken to at Cvent in general really knows the product and is interested in having you and your event succeed. They really listen to your needs and work with you to get them answered.
- Forward Thinking - Cvent is constantly researching and updating the product to bring the pages and user experience (front- and back-end) up to the level of current standards and then pushing them further. They're really raising the bar for the event community!
- Ease of Use - The product is HIGHLY intuitive. The developers created the product and the many modules with a lot of user input and it shows.
- Constant Feedback Loops - Cvent is really interested in feedback. They are constantly reaching out for user ideas, advice, and questions in order to improve the system.
- Cost - While I conducted a VERY thorough review of the market to make sure that Cvent was exactly the product that we needed, it was a bit of an uphill battle convincing everyone about the cost. My review however did clearly compare a few other competitors offerings and their pricing - and in that review it was clear that Cvent was in fact the most cost effective. The sticker shock sometimes is hard to get over.
- Movement of Staff - While every single person that I've connected with at Cvent has been UNBELIEVABLY smart and so amazing to work with, most do not stay in the role working with their customers for more than a year or two. This is of course GREAT for them because there is incredible upward mobility and Cvent clearly hires good people, but sometimes it's difficult to remember who my new person is.
- User friendly for those registering, by answering a few quick personal questions and any custom registration questions (i.e. dietary restrictions).
- Customer support, if you can not find an answer within the Cvent Community (Cvent's google of all things) then you know that you are just a phone call away to have someone not help fix the problem but also walk you thru it in a teaching manner as well.
- Proactive with technology advancements making it easier on both the planner and invitee. Example - On-Arrival, badges can be made in advanced using Cvent registration with seating assignments but while checking in the invitee just needs to state name and quickly be found via tablet this information then can be transferred to all planners in the room (i.e. VIP arrivals).
- Training more virtual, although you have most of the resources it can be overwhelming as you are not going to learn everything all at once. Though there is always Cvent Community and a phone that can be made.
- Images it would be great if there were some stock photos or backgrounds that could be used that already to the sizes needed.
- Flex - logic questions and being able to put in more sub questions on top of each other.
- Cvent handles the entire event process, from finding venues, to the registration itself, to badge printing on site.
- With the new Flex registration system, setting up and updating a registration/event page is even simpler than ever.
- Some events fall outside of the usual American event, and we get hosed. Usually, pricing is based on when you register, yet our events go by when someone pays; there isn't a way to bulk update the prices someone needs to pay once if they've already registered, yet not paid when the rate goes up.
- Being able to bulk change people's registration type would be nice when we're having to update something.
- Professional and polished website registration pages
- Handles multi-day sessions and event tracks well
- Great reporting
- Management of CEs and issuing certificates
- Need to invest in training to understand how to properly set up contact types and registration paths correctly.
- Pricing for Onsite solutions and Inquisium is by piece/unit versus having it either on or off to use.
- It allows your registrations to be extremely complex. Different paths and follow up registration questions allow for very personalized registrations.
- The new Flex registration makes for a very visually appealing look.
- The ability to do onsite check-in through Cvent on arrival is extremely helpful.
- The cost is our limiting factor and why we do not use it for all of our events.
- Surveys -- Pre-Event, Pos-Event Surveys are a great perk!
- Emails/Invitation Lists -- You can create specific emails for specific groups of people on specific invitation lists!
- FLEX -- You can build out your event websites in Standard, Express, FLEX and also create event templates, so that you can simply drag/drop your new logo/header etc. event after event vs. re-building each time.
- Surveys -- Just as I stated, surveys are a great perk within the Cvent platform, I think that they can be better, as they are pretty simple. I wish you could drag/drop photos, borders, etc.
- Mobile Website -- You are pretty limited with the colors/headers/look of the mobile website for your events.
- Reports -- The new reports and custom reports are great, but creating cross event reports based on an event series is nearly impossible (especially if you want to pull survey results for multiple events).
The software is well suited for an enterprise that has multiple meetings and/or large conferences, which saves time and money since attendees register online. It gets rid of the paperwork and allows you to report on everything, like attendee information, revenue by registration type, housing requests, travel and more.
- Cvent provides one central location for all attendee requests/needs
- Cvent's supplier network is unbridled in the industry. It's a complex tool that allows you to drill down to what you're really looking for.
- Cvent's integrations are comprehensive, including: Passkey, CrowdCompass, Inquisium and Salesforce.
- Cvent's FLEX registration system is new as of 10/31/18 and there are still some kinks to work out. Cvent would like it to be it's primary registration tool as it's clean and provides lots of flexibility, but there are many features not available yet.
- There are some inconsistencies in some of the layouts in Cvent-- not every screen looks the same.
- Importing information within Cvent can be difficult, as they require very specific information/formats. If you don't get it right the first time, it can be cumbersome to figure out what is needed.
- Easy interface for our clients.
- Relatively good community to ask other users questions.
- Customer service could be improved - most of the time (unless I am onsite at an event) I have to wait a day until a support agent can call back with a solution to my help ticket.
- Cvent recently launched Flex, which is supposed to be easier to use, however their original interface for building websites and registration sites is hard for those who aren't tech savvy.
- There are several limitations with the appearance that can be improved, but overall it is simple and easy for the guest to interact with.
- Tools for the management of events in one place
- Inquisium survey tool can be integrated.
- They're getting better.
- Reporting. What is going on there? I get a report almost right and then a normal field anyone would want to show or filter on isn't even available. I have to start over and guess which report will allow it or build one completely from scratch, but then it shows up somewhere different than the others. I actually kind of liked the old SSRS-based reporting because at least then there was hope I could one day get SQL access and just create my own SSRS reports. Maybe the new tool will open something like that. I understand that most users don't know and don't want to know SQL but some of us do and it's a lot more comfortable to just build our own queries.
- Which brings me to #2. Fix your data model. I know you're working on it, but things like speakers - why is that a stub of events? It should be a people record with a relationship record link to the session. Use data model best practices.
- Which is a good segue to the Salesforce integration. More and more people are moving to this. Ideally, I'd love to see a Cvent product built entirely on the SF platform. Just live in that space. You can still sell the standalone because you'll always have customers who just want that but if you offer all the same tools in the SF ecosystem you won't have to worry about your reporting, just let SF or whatever 3rd party thing the end user plugs in do the work. Same for the data model and a bunch of other back-office stuff that gets in the way of focusing on event management tools. Then, you can sell it as highly customizable and all that jazz.
- Onboarding and new user training.
- Customer support.
- The design element that was just released with the roll-out of Flex Registration is fantastic. The drag and drop feature is perfect for any level of user.
- Advanced Registration capabilities such as custom fields and advanced logic.
- With the new roll out, there is a heavy focus on design, which is great, but the advanced back-end seems to be lacking.
- Knowledge of unique cases for advanced users.
- Communicating updates within the system to users.
Cvent Event Management Review: "Cvent - great for large companies looking to get a handle on their SMM"
- Accommodation booking
- Integration with Concur
- Bulk editing - many times something has to be exported and then re-imported to be changed.
- Email marketing - the WYSIWYG is hard to manage, lots of HTML errors , hard to customize and keep consistent branding unless you know HTML.
- Hard to make changes on-the-go from mobile devices.
Companies that only have a few small events per year may find it too costly to be a reliable tool - the enterprise platform may be cost prohibitive to smaller organizations.
- Cvent has great customer service. You never feel alone when there are issues.
- Cvent has great marketing tools: email and phone calls from Account Executives.
- Cvent is savvy with technology and the times. Experience Cvent Connect was great in regards to putting on a show for event planners.
- I personally wish Flex was more like Wix. There are a lot of basic tools missing: Resizing, dragging items on top of each other, etc.
- Sometimes Cvent leaves big cases open. I have had a few cases open for months with no solution.
- Event landing pages are fully customizeable with your company branding, and the latest version of the landing page creation tool, "Flex", is a true WYSIWYG tool, requiring no HTML coding knowledge.
- There is a robust survey tool add-on, Inquisium, which allows you to survey your attendees, and even sync their responses to your CRM.
- Contacts/invitees functionality is very robust. You can easily track who you've sent event invitations to, whether they've opened the invite, registered, declined, etc. And you can sync this data to Salesforce Contacts and Salesforce Campaigns to make it easy for your sales team to see who has registered (without having to constantly ask you!).
- There's a robust venue sourcing and RFP tool integrated in the system!
- Pricing is my biggest issue. So many modules or functions are "add-ons". For example, they have a new Salesforce App that gives better visibility, right in the Contact view, of all event-related data for that particular contact - a great benefit for the sales team (and takes work off the event planner - no more phone calls and emails from salespeople asking if someone has registered or attended an event - they can easily see that information). In my opinion, this should be included in the already-high cost to use the system.
- Cvent has helped streamline registration, and allowed us to collect more data than previously would have without using a registration platform.
- Cvent integrations allow attendees to book their hotel and travel all in one place!
- They are constantly upgrading and improving the software, which is great. I would like the option to have the hotel request integration and the passkey integration together on one website, but have different registration types be able to utilize either the hotel request or the passkey integration for non-sponsored attendees.
- Their customer support services offer easy ways to multitask with a chat feature, a team that is consistently knowledgeable and helpful, and who provide solutions in the majority of situations.
- They are constantly taking feedback and improving on their products. I enjoy the quarterly product webinars they host, so I can stay up to date on new offerings and features.
- The reporting tools are very robust, and it is rare that I can not customize to show exactly what I need.
- Cvent offers so much that it is slightly overwhelming to new hires.
- Allows me to have a database of attendees
- It makes our registration process look a lot more professional and sets up that expectations to the attendees before they event arrive
- Ease of copying changes in event emails by registration path. Sometimes I have a change in details and have to go into each attendee email path to update.
- Well suited for our annual conferences.
- Less appropriate holiday parties, but we have already paid for the software.
- Easily helps to manage attendees, including filtered contact lists, customization for registration questions, and ease-of-use for attendees to use the website.
- Complex reporting that allows you to truly measure the effectiveness of your program.
- Parked reports to share with partners who don't need full access to Cvent, but need up-to-date information on programs they assist with.
- No integration with GoToWebinar. For our webinars, if they register to pay via Cvent, they end up having to then register again on another platform.
Cvent Event Management Scorecard Summary
About Cvent Event Management
Cvent is a cloud-based enterprise event management company with nearly 4,000 employees and over 300,000 users worldwide. Cvent offers software solutions to event planners and marketers for online event registration, venue selection, event management and marketing, onsite solutions, email marketing, and attendee engagement. Cvent's suite of products automate and simplify the planning process to maximize the impact of events. Cvent provides hoteliers with an integrated platform, enabling properties to increase business demand through targeted advertising and improve conversion through proprietary demand management and business intelligence solutions.
Cvent solutions aim to optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Cvent Event Management Integrations
Cvent Event Management Competitors
Cvent Event Management Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|