Reviews (1-25 of 130)
- They keep people involved and working together. This always [makes] for more interactive networking capabilities.
- It rewards you for your time. This gives you an incentive to keep coming back.
- It recognizes you as an individual. This makes you feel personally involved and as though the company cares for you.
- Better rewards for your time. When reviewing for them, the breakdown of what you are offered is sometimes lacking.
- You can design email marketing campaigns linked to your event within the software.
- You can gather reports on basically anything such as email open rates, click rates, event attendee dietary requests, etc.
- You can house invite lists within the software and invite an entire list of people at once to a given event.
- Some of the design functionalities in general need some work.
- Inserting video into email marketing should be an option.
- I often have problems with the software not loading specific items in a timely fashion, or not saving my work once finished.
- Custom reports help us get exactly the information we need about our events every step of the way.
- You can duplicate and edit events, making it incredibly easy to create events within the same conference series.
- New Flex website and email design make external-facing pages so customizable and beautiful for our attendees.
- There are multiple email segmentation options, but it could be more thorough.
- There's a pretty thorough online community for answering questions, but, if you can't find an answer there, you might have to wait on hold with customer service for a while.
- User friendly for those registering, by answering a few quick personal questions and any custom registration questions (i.e. dietary restrictions).
- Customer support, if you can not find an answer within the Cvent Community (Cvent's google of all things) then you know that you are just a phone call away to have someone not help fix the problem but also walk you thru it in a teaching manner as well.
- Proactive with technology advancements making it easier on both the planner and invitee. Example - On-Arrival, badges can be made in advanced using Cvent registration with seating assignments but while checking in the invitee just needs to state name and quickly be found via tablet this information then can be transferred to all planners in the room (i.e. VIP arrivals).
- Training more virtual, although you have most of the resources it can be overwhelming as you are not going to learn everything all at once. Though there is always Cvent Community and a phone that can be made.
- Images it would be great if there were some stock photos or backgrounds that could be used that already to the sizes needed.
- Flex - logic questions and being able to put in more sub questions on top of each other.
- They listen to their users and make updates based on their recommendations.
- Their customer service is fantastic!
- Their new platform makes the whole process of creating and running an event so much easier!
- The badge designer is a little clunky and difficult to use.
- I’d love to see their add-on modules priced differently (flat fees vs. per registration)
- They’re membership module is only for individual memberships, we have organization based memberships, so we’re not able to use it.
It is also great when sourcing venues for programs. There is a ton of venue information.
I can't remember how we used something else before Cvent Event Management!
- Site Designer is a wonderful tool to ease the website building process.
- Concur integration is a product that customers are happy to have.
- The responsive website that fits for all types of computers and phones is a must!
- I'd like to have more liberty to create custom question or custom fields.
- Some features are taking a long time before being available in Flex.
- Sometimes there is too much questions in a feature that need to be answered.
- Customer service/responsiveness is top notch, clear & concise answers every time
- Flexibility to adapt registration options based on the nuances of each event.
- Flex Registration has the potential to be a really great tool once advanced editing features are available.
- User-friendliness: utilizing Cvent is just not intuitive and comes with a lot of random quirks one must learn to navigate. Flex Registration attempts—and has the potential—to better this, but it's just not there yet.
- Flex Registration is currently too structured and restrictive in design. Hoping this will improve with continued feature releases.
- User Friendly
- Provide many website templates
- Has 24/7 customer service
- Has a community forum to connect with individuals in the same industry and to also look up how to perform certain tasks
- Provide a better way of handling . It's either or.
- Sometimes for programs with voucher codes the system is faulty as it will register someone who's started registration but has not completed it, skewing the numbers.
- It only has one format (the US WAY) of xxx-xx-xxxx of adding a social security number. What about for countries like Canada with different formats?
- We are able to identify our guests by email address. This cuts down on duplicate registrations.
- There is endless amounts of training which is important with any technology.
- The customer service team at Cvent is phenomenal.
- Cvent recently unveiled a new platform called Flex. All of the features are not yet available, but they are getting there.
- Creates a beautiful website in minutes that is aligned with our branding.
- Organizes the hotel and travel information for attendees.
- Quick email communication to our attendees through Cvent.
- Making it easier to make changes after the event goes live.
- Data Management - Easy to build reports can be used to track attendee preferences, locations, and trends and easily report out. The reports sections continues to receive improvements and updates and is one of the best features of the system.
- Requests for Proposal - Easily manage, review, and confirm RFPs and hotel selection for events of any size throughout the world. One of the most user-friendly RFP systems I've used.
- Stakeholder Communications - Efficiently manage your email communications to stakeholders and attendees through the events email system. Using invitation lists and filters, easily send messages only to the intended recipients for targeted mailings.
- Lack of Test Emails - Some systems allow you to receive a test email using stakeholder data to view and test generated links and information or to pass on the text and links directly if the email was filtered or lost. Unfortunately, Cvent does not currently offer this feature.
- Formatting Emails and Documents - Recent changes to the system with Cvent Flex have improved this functionality, but with the traditional builds we still face difficulties with formatting emails, documents, and webpages. The new GUI system is improved, but for older events some programming knowledge is helpful.
- Avoid Over customization - Cvent is a great product out of the box, but it may be tempting to over-utilize custom fields. The larger the number or more complicated the logic of the custom fields, the more difficulties you may face in integration with other systems.
- Once implemented, the website and registration can work very well. Yet it takes significant time and countless departments to get there.
- Our Cvent support team has been helpful and beneficial throughout our challenges. They listen and take action. For that, I appreciate it.
- Flex is a great platform and much easier to use than Classic. A good improvement for a user-friendly platform.
- Their programming - Classic was challenging to use, but Flex is easier.
- Consistent updating and improvements. They are lacking on this.
- Some CVENT team members are not as well trained and/or effective at problem-solving or building. We experienced countless problems in our first year; many things could have been avoided.
- Their on boarding process is very thorough and helpful. We were given a consultant who walked us step by step through each step
- They provide a lot of customization for how things look and how things are worded to make it as easy as possible for our end users
- There are a lot of great reporting tools.
- The basic user limit is 10 and when you want more than that it gets costly.
- A few things are not customizable and on occasion prove to be annoying.
- The user end of the program is nice and clean and easy to navigate but the backend can be a little complicated sometimes.
- New interface design
- Resources to support their initiatives
- Broad range of well developed tools
- Customer support: phone
- New interface is not in full parity with the old system
- Delays in getting issues resolved
- Customization: make the event look specific to your company, your event and collect any info you want during registration.
- Innovation. It’s almost hard to keep up with everything Cvent is doing.
- Customer service: 24/7, super friendly and eager to help, happy staff.
- Complex. Their new design flex is much better, but the customizable quality of Cvent makes it more complex.
- Mobile readiness. Again, this is addressed in flex, but in standard, you have to maintain two websites and the mobile version is plain and old fashioned.
- Pricing structure: free events should be free registrations.
- Some features are “turned on” multiple layers into the system.
- Media and graphics are still a little challenging to edit without some sort of design software/experience.
- Segmenting admin level settings by groups would alleviate some headache.
Cvent Event Management Scorecard Summary
About Cvent Event Management
Cvent is a cloud-based enterprise event management company with nearly 4,000 employees and over 300,000 users worldwide. Cvent offers software solutions to event planners and marketers for online event registration, venue selection, event management and marketing, onsite solutions, email marketing, and attendee engagement. Cvent's suite of products automate and simplify the planning process to maximize the impact of events. Cvent provides hoteliers with an integrated platform, enabling properties to increase business demand through targeted advertising and improve conversion through proprietary demand management and business intelligence solutions.
Cvent solutions aim to optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Cvent Event Management Integrations
Cvent Event Management Competitors
Cvent Event Management Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|