Reviews (1-25 of 115)
- User friendly for those registering, by answering a few quick personal questions and any custom registration questions (i.e. dietary restrictions).
- Customer support, if you can not find an answer within the Cvent Community (Cvent's google of all things) then you know that you are just a phone call away to have someone not help fix the problem but also walk you thru it in a teaching manner as well.
- Proactive with technology advancements making it easier on both the planner and invitee. Example - On-Arrival, badges can be made in advanced using Cvent registration with seating assignments but while checking in the invitee just needs to state name and quickly be found via tablet this information then can be transferred to all planners in the room (i.e. VIP arrivals).
- Training more virtual, although you have most of the resources it can be overwhelming as you are not going to learn everything all at once. Though there is always Cvent Community and a phone that can be made.
- Images it would be great if there were some stock photos or backgrounds that could be used that already to the sizes needed.
- Flex - logic questions and being able to put in more sub questions on top of each other.
- They listen to their users and make updates based on their recommendations.
- Their customer service is fantastic!
- Their new platform makes the whole process of creating and running an event so much easier!
- The badge designer is a little clunky and difficult to use.
- I’d love to see their add-on modules priced differently (flat fees vs. per registration)
- They’re membership module is only for individual memberships, we have organization based memberships, so we’re not able to use it.
- Request for Proposals - our third-party sourcing agent gathers the information that we provide in a Meeting Request Form so they know exactly what we need in a property. We are able to see the top properties based on our criteria in real-time through their portal. No more sending Excel sheets back and forth!
- The invitation process is streamlined, and in conjunction with dynamic reporting, offers key stakeholders the information they need. The automation of reporting and metrics is more accurate than doing it manually and is also much faster.
- Integration - we currently use the CrowdCompass mobile app which offers seamless integration with Cvent.
- Budget - all key stakeholders are able to view our budget categories for each event and at the end of the event, have access to the actual expenses.
- When setting up registration sites, the navigation is somewhat clunky. Although the new Flex registration site is better than the classic, there are still inefficiencies that need to be placed on the roadmap.
- Unable to upload documents to the registration site. We would like to post a departmental approval request for potential attendees but this is not possible.
- Entering agenda items requires manually adding each line; there should be a way to quickly upload and amend agendas.
- Customer service/responsiveness is top notch, clear & concise answers every time
- Flexibility to adapt registration options based on the nuances of each event.
- Flex Registration has the potential to be a really great tool once advanced editing features are available.
- User-friendliness: utilizing Cvent is just not intuitive and comes with a lot of random quirks one must learn to navigate. Flex Registration attempts—and has the potential—to better this, but it's just not there yet.
- Flex Registration is currently too structured and restrictive in design. Hoping this will improve with continued feature releases.
- User Friendly
- Provide many website templates
- Has 24/7 customer service
- Has a community forum to connect with individuals in the same industry and to also look up how to perform certain tasks
- Provide a better way of handling . It's either or.
- Sometimes for programs with voucher codes the system is faulty as it will register someone who's started registration but has not completed it, skewing the numbers.
- It only has one format (the US WAY) of xxx-xx-xxxx of adding a social security number. What about for countries like Canada with different formats?
- We are able to identify our guests by email address. This cuts down on duplicate registrations.
- There is endless amounts of training which is important with any technology.
- The customer service team at Cvent is phenomenal.
- Cvent recently unveiled a new platform called Flex. All of the features are not yet available, but they are getting there.
- Customer Service - It's 24/7 and every single person that I have spoken to in the Customer Service department as well as *everyone* I have spoken to at Cvent in general really knows the product and is interested in having you and your event succeed. They really listen to your needs and work with you to get them answered.
- Forward Thinking - Cvent is constantly researching and updating the product to bring the pages and user experience (front- and back-end) up to the level of current standards and then pushing them further. They're really raising the bar for the event community!
- Ease of Use - The product is HIGHLY intuitive. The developers created the product and the many modules with a lot of user input and it shows.
- Constant Feedback Loops - Cvent is really interested in feedback. They are constantly reaching out for user ideas, advice, and questions in order to improve the system.
- Cost - While I conducted a VERY thorough review of the market to make sure that Cvent was exactly the product that we needed, it was a bit of an uphill battle convincing everyone about the cost. My review however did clearly compare a few other competitors offerings and their pricing - and in that review it was clear that Cvent was in fact the most cost effective. The sticker shock sometimes is hard to get over.
- Movement of Staff - While every single person that I've connected with at Cvent has been UNBELIEVABLY smart and so amazing to work with, most do not stay in the role working with their customers for more than a year or two. This is of course GREAT for them because there is incredible upward mobility and Cvent clearly hires good people, but sometimes it's difficult to remember who my new person is.
- Website design without HTML knowledge - the new Cvent Flex registration is a game-changer.
- Cloning events that have already been built out with simple modifications for a new event.
- Availability for customer service in a variety of ways—chat, phone, email.
- The new Flex event builder is amazing, however, Cvent rolled it out when not all functionalities were up and running. There are still some critical functionalities that are missing, such as custom URLs in a standard Flex registration.
- Although intuitive to me now, as a new user, it may be somewhat difficult to navigate at first.
Cvent Event Management Review: "Cvent Management Software, the right technology for meetings management"
- Push notifications in real time
- Allows users to interact with each other through the app
- Puts all needed info in one place
- Easy to set up and use
- More training is needed to set up the software initially.
- It allows for multiple and complex registration paths to really tailor the user experience.
- Its reporting features are very robust and complete.
- Question logic allows the planner to collect very specific data from registrants that helps further tailor the event.
- Admin level contact info can be better integrated with event-level info.
- Some reports can be more finely tuned.
- A volunteer management area should be integrated into the event platform.
- We are currently using the registration sites to their full potential. we use the hotel module, air module, and surveys.
- We also do a lot of CSS coding on the back to alter the look and feel of the sites.
- We are able to create thorough and flexible registrations for our attendees thanks to the registration types/paths features.
- Currently, Cvent is rolling out its Flex registration product while it is remarkable in what it can accomplish. It has fully removed the access to CSS coding and creation of tables in emails or the reg site.
- New reports: the current cross event reports allows us to run admin reports through all of our events for financial and other info. The new reports have us limited to only 100 groups which have to be manually selected. That makes it very difficult to be efficient.
- Creating websites without having to manually code them. They are updating the creation process to make it more user-friendly and are always striving to provide the best product.
- Keeping all your event information in one easy location. You don't have to have all the information in different documents saved on your computer, it is all in one place for easy viewing and maneuvering.
- Easily refunding attendees who are not allowed to register. If someone cancels and you need to refund them, then you just have to click a few buttons and it automatically processes it for you and sends the attendee a notification.
- When creating the website or registration portal, editing certain aspects can be difficult with the current format. You will have to go to multiple different locations on the website to ensure that it will read easily throughout the portal. Cvent is currently creating a streamlining process to take out all the extra steps, which is a lot more user-friendly.
- Some features are “turned on” multiple layers into the system.
- Media and graphics are still a little challenging to edit without some sort of design software/experience.
- Segmenting admin level settings by groups would alleviate some headache.
- The website building process for planners.
- .Integration ability of Cvent with our CRM
- Cvent Flex features.
- Connected Experience for.
- Planners and Attendees using Crowdcompass.
- Standard out of the box Cvent Integration should be more dynamic.
- Custom fields cannot be created on account level to maintain data integrity because event planners can change their data type, remove them or change them in their own events. There should be a way to allow users to provide access based on their roles like view/edit or delete permissions.
- Currently, custom fields can just be created and within events only we can define their level of security/permissions.
- Custom reporting does not meet the requirements for complex scenarios.
- Reporting: Cvent lets you build reports on any slice of information you need. The depth of reporting and amount of standard reports that are preset for users is essential in my day to day use!
- Their ability to constantly keep evolving and improving their technology means that we always look our best to outsiders who attend a range of events.
- Cvent has such a wide range of capabilities it can be challenging for new users. Even this negative is a positive though, as their new Flex sites have relieved much of this hardship!
It's appropriate when you need to gather multiple pieces of information and maintain several rounds of communications and reminders.
- Easily allows attendees to register for your event.
- Capturing crucial attendee information in a single place minimizes the amount of communication you need in order to collect important information from registrants.
- Integrates with other marketing systems we use to allow us to seamlessly transfer information to other programs.
- Improve the look of the interface.
- Include more details on what different items in the interface do and how they could be used.
Cvent Event Management Scorecard Summary
About Cvent Event Management
Cvent is a cloud-based enterprise event management company with nearly 4,000 employees and over 300,000 users worldwide. Cvent offers software solutions to event planners and marketers for online event registration, venue selection, event management and marketing, onsite solutions, email marketing, and attendee engagement. Cvent's suite of products automate and simplify the planning process to maximize the impact of events. Cvent provides hoteliers with an integrated platform, enabling properties to increase business demand through targeted advertising and improve conversion through proprietary demand management and business intelligence solutions.
Cvent solutions aim to optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Cvent Event Management Integrations
Cvent Event Management Competitors
Cvent Event Management Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|