Overall Satisfaction with Cvent Event Management
- Cvent Event Manager has a great WYSIWYG editor that makes building surveys, questions and registration fields very easy.
- Cvent's OnArrival tool is a great way to print and scan name badges onsite.
- Cvent's Kiosk Mode is a better way to have attendees choose their sessions onsite and make changes to their registration.
- When customizing a website in Cvent, you are limited to changing only a few things, if you wish to edit the HTML/CSS it is almost impossible, especially when you are trying to change the color of the body-background. You have to find a 1px by 1px square. Save that png file, edit it in a design software and then reupload. This process can take quite some time.
- Their customer service can be very slow and hard to understand on the phone. If your problem is outside the realm of a "basic solution" it can take days to hear back.
- Their surveys can be very hard to manage. We find that we have to pull multiple reports, travel, hotel and registration just to get all the fields we need. I wish there was a way to just have all the fields in one master report and you can pick and choose as you wish.
- Cvent's platform does not have the flexibility to add custom pages within the hotel and travel page. This has been very problematic for our attendees who get confused in between registration.
- Cvent's mobile site does not work if you have a hotel or travel page enabled. If an attendee tries to register from a mobile device, it will bypass the hotel and travel page. This causes incompletion in our registrations
- Easier training.
- More organized reporting.
- Most customization with HTML emails.
- The registration websites are just better looking - it is easier to change layouts and there is a large database of templates to choose from.
- The customer support line is available 24/7.
- The Sourcing Area syncs with our event management side, so less reporting and less invoicing.
- Training on Cvent is much more easier to manage.
- Reporting is much cleaner.
- There are more comparable vendors that can be synced up with Cvent through APIs than StarCite.
- Cvent is consistently trying to work with us to form a package that meets our needs. We see Cvent as a company that wishes to maintain a relationship with us, not just fill quotas.
If we are selling group packages of tickets, Cvent Event Management is not a good resource. For example, we have large sponsorship packages, Cvent Event Management does not have an easy way for just grouping tickets together for sale. There is also a limit on how many sub questions you can have (only two, a sub question of a sub question). Also, let's say you are selling tickets for a concert. If you wanted to sell VIP parking to those that bought concert tickets, you couldn't in Cvent Event Management. Anyone who comes through the registration could buy VIP parking, not just VIP row concert ticket buyers.
But if you need a website that can integrate with GetThere and Sabre, it is great. If you need a website for onsite name badge scanning and printing, it is also a great setup. Our account managers have been awesome and very considerate as well.