DameWare Remote Support is worth its weight in gold!https://www.trustradius.com/remote-desktopDameware Remote SupportUnspecified8.5911012015-07-10T19:19:44.170Z
July 10, 2015
DameWare Remote Support is worth its weight in gold!
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with DameWare Remote Support
The city of Lakewood has between 500-1000 employees in different physical locations. Before implementing DameWare Remote Support, help desk personnel were spending hours travelling to and from sites to fix problems or using Remote Desktop, which causes downtime for the user and doesn't always reflect an accurate assessment of the problem. The IT department has been trying to clean up Active Directory before merging domains. DameWare Remote Service has been invaluable in this process. DameWare has also been instrumental in developing an inventory of software.
- Connecting to end users PC while they are experiencing the problem provides training opportunities as well as being a time-saving tool in resolving issues.
- DameWare is remarkably easy to install and set up. The amount of information it provides with one or two clicks of the mouse is amazing.
- DameWare provides access to all the troubleshooting tools, i.e. event viewer, Regedit.exe, properties without having to even connect.
- The only problem reported has been the inability to utilize the export function in a meaningful way.
- Time Savings for Help Desk Personnel.
- Easier education of end users, resulting in fewer repeat problems
- Active Directory management with software inventory capability
There are latency issues with RealVNC that are not there with DameWare Remote Support and GoToAssist requires user interaction. Neither has the Active Directory tie-in or the management consoles to monitor all aspects of computers.
DameWare Remote Support is a must have for a help desk unit that supports users from various sites. It also supports Tier two/three help desk [units] by providing the information needed in a time saving way. There are cheaper products out there, but they in no way compare to DameWare Remote Support.