Overall Satisfaction with DameWare Remote Support
I currently use DameWare Remote Support to support my current PC base. I have about 100 PCs and a few on-site servers that I need to be able to diagnose and trouble shoot from anywhere I happen to be.
- I can work on multiple PC's or servers at once and never have to walk the user though the necessary steps over the phone.
- It integrates with my Active Directory domain, so I always have a current list of devices that it can connect to. And with the remote server, I can connect to any of them even from a phone.
- For the price, I can't really think of anything that is left out. I would like a way to view what PC a user is logged into.
- DameWare Remote support improved my trouble ticket handling time.
- I'm able to work on many machines at once.
- RealVNC,LogMeIn Rescue,TeamViewer
The only product that beats the price is Real VNC. And that does not have the feature set that DameWare includes. Both LogMeIn and TeamVeiwer cost way too much to justify them and you have to rely on a third party service for them to work. With the combination of feature and cost savings, it's almost a no brainier.
If you are not a Windows shop, DameWare Remote Support is not for you. It's not really needed for smaller networks either. You must have some technical knowledge to set this up properly, for if you are not comfortable with modifying things like firewall settings, you may want to shy away from this product.
SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) Feature Ratings
Using DameWare Remote Support
1 - It Support
1 - Basic networking and Windows Knowlege
- Remote screen sharing
- Remote command execution
- Process list
Best value for the money.