Overall Satisfaction with DameWare Remote Support
Our IT team uses DameWare to connect to all of our employee computers for remote support (i.e. troubleshooting, software installation). We also use DameWare to connect to our Windows servers.
- DameWare has been a very reliable solution for remote support for out team.
- With multiple authentication options, we are able to connect to computers that have been dropped from the domain.
- The secure file transfer in DameWare provides and quick and easy way to pass files to/from employee computers saving us time during support.
- Connecting to last session is not always the last session.
- Saving your position in the Personal Host List would be helpful. I have a folder structure 3 levels deep and when I'm going through a list of computers it is frustrating to have to browse down through the same levels each time.
- When connecting to a host, an entry is saved in Saved Host List (even duplicates). I would be nice to have an option to save or not save like a quick connect option.
- DameWare Mobile has separate password than desktop and cannot be linked to Active Directory password like desktop.
- We are a global company with centralized support. DameWare Remote Control has been crucial to good customer service from our IT team to our employees.
We used VNC before DameWare and have not looked at any other product since we started using DameWare. The employee that chose DameWare is no longer with the company so I cannot comment on any other products they might have compared.
SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) Feature Ratings
Using DameWare Remote Support
2 - Myself and one of our Network Admins support our teams efforts with DameWare.
- When on a computer without DameWare, I was able to RDP to a server running DameWare and connect to my users computer.
Evaluating DameWare Remote Support and Competitors
DameWare Remote Support Implementation
Our team starting using DameWare at the same time and started rolling out the client to employee computers on demand as we connected to them.
Change management was minimal - Our primary concern was remote support of our employees.
DameWare Remote Support Support
I use a Samsung mobile device; DameWare Mobile was working and then after an Android update it started crashing. I reported the issue to DameWare and worked with the technicians and developers to gather data for them to correct the issue. They quickly published a beta release for me to test (which corrected the crashes) and then published an update to the Google Play Store.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - The development team and technicians were in constant contact with me and rapidly developed an update to solve my bug.
When I had my Samsung specific crash issue, the development team and technicians were able to collect the appropriate log data from me to issue a beta fix for me to test is a very short time.
Using DameWare Remote Support
I am able to support my users from my laptop or my phone. I am now untethered from my laptop after hours.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Remote installation of client
- Connecting to computers on our domain
- File transfers to/from employee computer