Overall Satisfaction with Datto
We are a reseller of Datto. Datto is used for backup and true disaster recovery. Backups and restores are very easy/quick and the appliances check backup integrity nightly (including spinning up of VMs on the appliance itself and sending an email of completion). Cloud management of this product in a multi-tenant environment is straightforward and time saving for our engineers.
- Cloud replication
- Meets compliance and regulatory requirements
- Datto is one of the more expensive solutions out there (often cost prohibitive)
- Sales people are pushy and often rude
- No refresh cycle (like Barracuda)
- True BDR (local or in the cloud) solution
- Easy to use
- Very expensive compared to competitors
- No refresh cycle
We also use Barracuda for our backup and disaster recovery solution at our clients. Datto is much more expensive than Barracuda, the solutions are very similar, but the one thing I would give Datto the edge on is handling of Hyper-V instances. Datto makes Hyper-V restorations quicker/easier, but i do not feel it warrants 2 X the cost.