Life made easier by Dayforce HCM
June 17, 2016
Life made easier by Dayforce HCM
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Dayforce HCM
Dayforce HCM is utilized throughout our organization from Onboarding, Recruiting, HR, WFM, Benefits, Document Management, Time & Attendance, and Offboarding. Having the ability to have a single system for all aspects of an employee record is more efficient.
- Our implementation process was on target and the team provided by Dayforce worked with us to set the system up to fit our needs.
- Compared to our previous payroll processing system - Dayforce offers greater features to audit records and reduce the processing time and errors.
- Dayforce continues to update the system and make it more efficient to meet the needs of the users. The ability to share ideas and vote on other ideas keeps you informed on what is coming and what others are dealing with.
- The XOXO Community is a great resource for information and to network with others using the product.
- Support - It seems like a long process and little communication when an incident is submitted. Maybe we were spoiled by the attention we received from our implementation consults. I do feel that this has improved recently.
- Reporting - I know this is on the radar for improvement - it is sometimes difficult to get the information out of the system into one report. I end up pulling 2-3 reports and combining them in Excel or Access.
- The ability to utilize fewer systems in the day to day functionality has been positive for our organization. Less time is required to complete tasks. Being able to future date requests and have them approved and completed in advance allows for less to keep track of and potentially overlook.
- Employees are more involved in the accuracy of their information as the system is more user friendly. Managers have the ability to retrieve more pertinent data that helps them to make better decisions, i.e. reporting and statistics.
Real-time payroll information is a great asset in our organization. We are able to see that allocation and other information is accurate before committing the payroll and to make any necessary corrections in advance. This has decreased our after pay day issues tremendously.
For our organization, when scheduling an individual there are trainings and certifications that are required. When looking for an employee to cover a shift it is helpful that the system will tell you if someone is not qualified to work in that location. We have many employees that work in multiple locations, having the ability to restrict OT to specific locations or jobs saves tremendous back in work. We have the PPACA module and it appears to be tracking information accurately for our 2016 EOY reporting.
The time savings alone has been wonderful. We upgraded from Ceridian HPL to Dayforce using a third-party time keeping system. There was a lot of import/export functionality required. Our self service system was separate as well. The likelihood of something being overlooked during the process was greater. Now it is all there and most of it can be set up to flow on its own.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Dayforce HCM
1150 - We utilize Dayforce throughout our organization; employees use the system for time keeping, self service and open enrollment - managers, directors, adminstrators and officers for the same as employees as well as reporting, document management, scheduling, position change requests.
6 - Our internal implementation team consisted of 4 people that are experts in their field; IT, HR, Payroll & Finance all of which work together to support our staff in using the Dayforce system. We also have additional support staff to assist in answering questions when they are contacted.
- Single sign-on integrated system
- Reporting capabilities
- Cost allocations
- Retro pay calculation - time saver!
- Ability to add/change set up without involving the support team - in most cases.
- Uniformed scheduling - prior to Dayforce, each location had their own process for scheduling.
- We are continuing to implement additional modules; Dashboards, Performance etc.
- Becoming more familiar with what the system has to offer and how it can best be utilized by our staff and management team.
Dayforce HCM Implementation
Have a strong internal team. Communicate with your implementation team - they are there to make it work for you. Take the time to really think about how you want the system to work for you - in some cases, you may need to rethink your own business practices to see if you are working harder when the system could do it for you.
Yes - Our Dayforce HCM implementation team provided an Excel workbook for our organization to complete. Those allowed them to get an idea of how our organization was structured and the functions we required. Once it was completed - we would meet regularly to evaluate and review to help how our needs could be best met within Dayforce. Through the process there were trainings that we attended to familiarize ourselves with the system. We received a test site - and met with our implementation team to review and change how the site functioned where necessary. After the test site was approved - our production site was available. We ran dual systems to verify information - once we were satisfied we were transitioned to support for any further questions.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - Our organization structure did require a bit of time to work within Dayforce. The Dayforce implementation team was patient and worked with us to set it up properly. Some of the terminology within Dayforce was different from what we were accustomed to - but now we are able to add or adjust where necessary, in-house with ease.
- Terminology - this was a hurdle at first but once you understand it all falls into place.
- You should have a good internal team - and someone to do their day to day jobs. Implementation requires a lot of time and can become overwhelming if you do not stay on top of it.
- There is a lull period before getting your test site. Once you receive it - test every scenario you can - this will only benefit you later.