A well suited product for small businesses that have limited time.
October 07, 2021

A well suited product for small businesses that have limited time.

Alan Crawford | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Deputy

Deputy is used across my whole business and it covers all of the time recording and scheduling needs of my business. It is great for my employees to have the app and easily request time off. Deputy also integrates with my job management system so there is very little administration time to be done. The monthly fee easily covers the time spent having to check time sheets, approve them and upload them to my accountant.
  • Timesheet production.
  • Time off requests.
  • Integration with other software.
  • Having different rates for sick pay rather than their standard rate.
  • Being able to see a preview of the exported timesheet when using the custom option.
  • Approximately 2-3 hours saved per week on timesheet administration.
  • More accurate timesheets, very little chance of employees rounding it up to the next half hour.
  • Timesheets are easily exported to my accountants software and also to a CSV file for my own records.

Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?

Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?

Would you buy Deputy again?

The system is easily used but there are still some functions that have multiple clicks to get into where you want to be. A more streamlined process would be beneficial.

A way to look at reports without having to subscribe to the scheduling feature as I don’t use this aspect just yet.
Implementation seemed to be quite easy. I can’t remember any issues the that occurred when I started using it. Staff members took to it well and there were very few questions on the usability.
Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), Teachable, Zapier
Deputy is well suited for small companies that struggle for time to complete the daily administration tasks. As it integrates with my job management system, as soon as my employee clicks into a job, it automatically starts their timesheet and at the end of the day it closes it. It saves employees forgetting to do this.

I don’t really use the scheduling function as I am a small business so my staff are easily managed within my job management software. I can see this being beneficial to a restaurant for example but I can’t see any need for it just now.