Favorite BI Tool!
September 17, 2019

Favorite BI Tool!

Overall Satisfaction with Domo

Domo is used across the organization in all departments, from execs down to team members. Provides a source of truth for company metrics.
  • Visualizations: many options with a very well designed/aesthetic.
  • Date ETL: all the tools you need to connect, transform and manipulate your data.
  • Alerts: have your data tell you when you need to take actions.
  • Data processing times can feel very slow. Often the longest portion of a data flow procedure is moving the data. If there were a way to do all of the transformations without moving the data that would be amazing.
  • We're able to automate so many processes and reports that would have otherwise taken several employees multiple hours to reproduce and likely with manual errors.
This one is tough. For seasoned BI professionals, it is very easy to use the product. However, Domo seems to pitch their product to non-technical users, and I feel like the platform may be too advanced for that type of user; it's hard to be everything to everyone.
Personally, I am very satisfied with the product. I get all the utility that I need to provide insights to my org.
We use PDP, custom roles, user groups, etc. to manage access for users. It all works very well.
We use several of the Domo API connectors, but have often found ourselves in situations where we need to code up to APIs on our own to get the data exactly as we need it. But it has been easy enough to do.
Not a very big user myself of the mobile app. Usually, when I am in Domo it is to build in Domo, which cannot be done in the app and is difficult in the mobile web version too.
Used PowerBI, and have seen Tableau, Sisense, and Qlik used.
Works great for almost every organization I can think of (any size, any industry).

Domo Feature Ratings

Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Responsive Design for Web Access