Easy and economical
Updated April 05, 2021
Easy and economical
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
[DraftSight is being used to] create 2D drawings for use on 2D laser software to fabricate low volume parts
- Easy use
- Fast and efficient
- Cost effective
- Alignment features to orientate the part in the correct position
- Dimensions on drawings always going in and resetting my dimensions because it doesn't retain my user preferences
- Dimension settings could be easier for the beginner level , I train a lot of new guys on DraftSight and I am always getting questions about how to change dimensioning.
Being sole provider to the launch program its efficiency is unmatched to any other software for me to get in and get changes made efficiently and affectively.
3 - basic knowledge of 2D design and programming software for the lasers. Basic dimensioning for the quality lab.
- Flat 2D blanks for laser cutting
- dimensioning for quality documents
- plant design and layout for new cells or work centers
- confirm 3D designs are correct when flattened in Solidworks
- correct and move hole locations easily during engineering Changes
- dimensioning 2D prints received by the customers that do not have all the dimensions needed to produce the part
- reverse Engineering die sections and utilizing draftsight to get them all in our system
Evaluating DraftSight and Competitors
Yes - Autocad several years ago, similar products and it just simply came down to ease of use and cost.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
ease of use for training new employees
add contact information like a technical phone number so we can reach a real person when issues arise ...
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Not kept informed
Dont understand the question, appears we have an option to purchase premium support and have never seen it offered in the purchasing process. I dont believe its right to make people pay a higher cost for premium support whether you are a standard or professional Draftsight user all people are equal and support should be considered essential for all users no matter what version you purchase.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using