Overall Satisfaction with Dropbox Business
[Dropbox Business] is used as an enterprise document storage platform, by all of our organization. Provides a secure cloud storage platform accessible over multiple devices including laptop and mobile. Accessed via Single Sign On and provides the necessary assurance of being a secure platform approved internally for use by the organization.
- Document sharing with external parties.
- Accessible over various devices so handy if you don't have your own machine, as long as you use Single Sign on and 2FA.
- Co-editing of documents is a great feature.
- Sometimes it can feel a lesser experience when accessing Dropbox Business through windows explorer compared to web access. Creating parity between the two so it looks the same would be an improvement but I would imagine it's designed more to access straight from a browser.
- Single sign on access which gives confidence that it's using your company email ID.
- Unlimited storage.
- The assurance that data is not saved on local HDD's which could get compromised if a laptop is lost/stolen.
- Anywhere access (even if on holiday when you may need to access a file and send to a colleague).
- Reduced costs for Laptop HDD sizes.
- Risk mitigation for laptops/devices that may get lost or stolen and not worrying about data being on HDD's.
- Collaboration and sharing of documentation on projects is much easier, especially where 3rd parties are involved in the project.
Sometimes using products outside the Microsoft ecosystem forces competition and helps to get improvements fast tracked which benefits everyone. Dropbox Business is designed from the ground up as opposed to yet another add on to a wider set of software applications. User experience within the organization helped to shape the decision to adopt Dropbox but it will only be applicable until such time the likes of say OneDrive becomes economically too difficult to ignore as part of the Microsoft stack.
Do you think Dropbox Business delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Dropbox Business's feature set?
Did Dropbox Business live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Dropbox Business go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Dropbox Business again?
As an enterprise tool it's excellent and does exactly what it's supposed to do. Provides the tool for securely storing your documents and the speed of accessing the documents is really good too. There are occasions whereby sending large files over email isn't always possible and some organizations have a restriction on file sizes, therefore sharing a document or several via a dropbox link makes things much easier and allows a convenient and simple workaround to achieve access.