eClinicalWorks User Review
February 23, 2015
eClinicalWorks User Review
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with eClinicalWorks
We currently have five practices who are using eClinicalWorks. When we acquired these practices, they came with their own EHR solution. Therefore, I support the application as an IS employee. Moreover, we are attesting for Meaningful Use so the utilization level has increased over the year to manage the application. eClinicalWorks has been up to date within their module to properly address Meaningful Use so it has addressed quite a few measures since we began the attestation period.
- User Friendly because their user interface allows for seamless transition from all aspects of the electronic medical record
- Reporting is comprehensive so any report can be generated
- Built-In functionality for reminders, campaigns, patient portal, and etc.
- Meaningful Use Reports should be capturing data in real time and generated fairly quickly instead of the MAQ dashboard extraction process.
- Their support teams are not very helpful at certain topics such as the definition/logic of Meaningful Use calculations. These are generally difficult to determine but several cases in regards to Meaningful Use take several days before it gets addressed.
- Training videos would be helpful on their support website.
- Positive impact on a Meaningful Use level since their reporting module allows for patient details to be addressed during attestation
- Negative impact from a project management level because our environments are complex (ie.- interfaces) so it requires attention to detail as we have so many practices with their own accounts.
- Allscripts Professional EHR,Greenway PrimeSuite EMR,ADP AdvancedMD,athenaClinicals,Meditab IMS,Centricity PM
eClinicalWorks has a better user interface than the other products because it allows the user to navigate seamlessly between the progress note and chart. In addition, all information is easy to find based on the design. Their triggers and order sets are comprehensive allowing providers to order anything fairly quickly.
eClinicalWorks Feature Ratings
I think it can be intimidating at first but once you begin navigating and learning the modules, it becomes less difficult to perform charting and operational processes.
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Progress Note Documentation where Chart Panel is able to be incorporated into the note
- Patient Hub is a centralized location to find everything which allows users to obtain information easily
- Meaningful Use Dashboard is easily confusing if you are not informed of their features.
- Referrals and the process is cumbersome but it doesn't quite have all the tracking functionality that a referral staff would need.