Not just Epicor, EpiHARDcor! Best ERP/HCM that i've used to datehttps://www.trustradius.com/hr-managementEpicor HCMUnspecified4.3161012015-01-25T01:08:56.076Z
Updated July 14, 2016
Not just Epicor, EpiHARDcor! Best ERP/HCM that i've used to date
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Epicor HCM
Epicor is being used across the company to handle everything from manufacturing schedule to projects to time and expense tracking. It is a lot more detailed than anything that we've used before- allowing us to track very granular efficiency by employee, department, and company. Being able to identify weaknesses in the way that people and resources are scheduled helps to make the entire operation run smoother.
- Timesheets show everything that time has been charged to in a quick glance. There is a lot of information displayed onscreen and is very easy to decipher.
- Employees charge their time on a well-designed front end program, and data is gleaned from that and dispersed into the various timekeeping and expense tracking modules.
- The abilities to charge time to direct, indirect and downtime are all valuable- see where time is being spent and use it as a coaching tool.
- Graphical representations of data would be appreciated, as it would make analysis more streamlined
- Not sure that this would be a useful program for a company with all exempt employees
- Personalization of screen layouts should not cause issues with the database, but they have been seen to cause that
- Epicor has definitely given me more visibility to what my employees are doing with their time, and will allow much more impactful coaching opportunities
- I like the ability to run reports on such a huge selection of data, including everything from time allocations to lead time quoting
- The learning curve is rather steep, and can cause issues as you and the company get up to speed with how the modules work (or don't work), especially the way that you expected them to.
We evaluated five total systems, and decided on Epicor because of the user interface, deep data tracking, and overall fit for our company. The vetting process took several months, and everyone who would have a stake in the new system was involved and had input.
The most important thing to ask during the selection process is that if the program you are seeing is everything that is included in the product that you're going to purchase. As with most ERP systems, there are a lot of add-on modules that can be purchased, and you want to make sure that everything that you need and expect to be ready at go-live is going to be A) included and B) functional in the final product. Epicor can, at times, be not well suited to in-house rework, but is very user friendly when it comes to job creation and management.
Epicor HCM Feature Ratings
Using Epicor HCM
Epicor HCM Implementation
As stated earlier, you won't find all of the problems and things that you would like to improve on until you implement. After go-live, you then will have a long period of adjustment as you get the data and processes to work the way that you really want them to.
Yes - A long period of time was used for individual training and sandbox development. Each people who would be owning a process was given their assignments and then tasked with improving the process and working to identify any shortcomings or needs that could be addressed before go-live.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - Timelines are never what you think they're going to be. If you expect implementation in a year, it's going to take two. Always plan for unexpected bumps in the road, and there will be with ANY implementation.
Epicor HCM Support
There have been a lot of issues with it at first, but we've been figuring a lot of them out on our own. Needing patches to the program though is something that I didn't expect to happen as often as it does.
Kept well informed
Support understands my problem